Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Theme

Started by H-O-W-L, November 18, 2021, 06:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the pink make your eyes bleed?

AAAAARRRGGHH!
68 (42.8%)
No, it's lovely
46 (28.9%)
Meh
9 (5.7%)
An tSaoi
21 (13.2%)
pff.
3 (1.9%)
it will be better when we are all allowed to press our penises together onto it
10 (6.3%)
rail moat
0 (0%)
raoul moat
1 (0.6%)
Raul Panther III
0 (0%)
pisspot poo Pope
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 159

shiftwork2

The Christopher Lambert avatar is now showing at his proper diminutive size.  This is boss.

'You are ignoring this user' no longer gives a 'show bilge anyway' option which, again, is boss.

Barry Admin

Quote from: daf on November 18, 2021, 07:44:41 AMAny chance of a paler background option? My Toppermost posts are now a bit hard to read (having used darker colours for quotes etc).

Yeah, should be able to do a light theme as well easily enough now.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Where's the footnote option gone in the replies bit?

Chedney Honks

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 18, 2021, 07:47:58 AMI can't see the button for 'Show this post' when you have someone on ignore. Please keep it like this.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 18, 2021, 07:48:06 AM'You are ignoring this user' no longer gives a 'show bilge anyway' option which, again, is boss.

😭😭😭

DoesNotFollow

Don't like the deep blues.. makes me feel like I'm browsing the dark web.

Replies From View

Barry is actually contractually obliged to update the look of CaB every time a new Home Alone film comes out.

Barry Admin

QuoteWhere's the footnote option gone in the replies bit?

Sadly it isn't available as of yet for this version.

Should be an option to mention people in there now though - subbed members only at the minute

Edit: pronouns now available as a profile field.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Test1

1. this is a test

daf

QuoteYeah, should be able to do a light theme as well easily enough now.

Thanks -

Sorry to be a bit thick, but how do I change it? I've been to the look and Layout bit of my profile and can't seem to get it to change from dark blue.

Barry Admin

Quote from: daf on November 18, 2021, 08:05:09 AMThanks -

Sorry to be a bit thick, but how do I change it? I've been to the look and Layout bit of my profile and can't seem to get it to change from dark blue.

Sorry, I haven't done it yet, will look into it later on.

QuoteYeah, should be able to do a light theme as well easily enough now.

That'd be awesome. Light text on dark background hurts my eyes something chronic. Composing a message on mobile is about a million times better though, good job!

Spoiler alert
C O M I C   S A N S
[close]

Liking the new fonts and colours Barry. Sincerely! I've been playing around with them in preview mode.

greencalx

Quote from: shiftwork2'You are ignoring this user' no longer gives a 'show bilge anyway' option which, again, is boss.

It is there, after the "you are ignoring" text. You just can't see it.

My initial reaction was one of "wtf?" but it's taken maybe 5 mins to adjust and once the colour tweaking is finished I think it'll be a huge improvement. Thanks Barry!

greencalx

Hmm something weird happened with the quoting there. Let's try again.

QuoteIt is there, after the "you are ignoring" text. You just can't see it.

My initial reaction was one of "wtf?" but it's taken maybe 5 mins to adjust and once the colour tweaking is finished I think it'll be a huge improvement. Thanks Barry!

GMTV

We will all remember where we were the day the CaB layout was updated, monumental life event

daf

QuoteSorry, I haven't done it yet, will look into it later on.

Apologies - I miss-read your post (as "You should be able to change it now").

Thanks for the tweaks.

Barry Admin

QuoteIt is there, after the "you are ignoring" text. You just can't see it.

No worries. Yeah it's always a shocker and people instinctively hate change, but it'll get better. My glasses broke and I find the whole dark mode thing much better for phone reading these days in general, but definitely some kind of light one that is less conspicuous in work environments will come too.

Poirot, thanks, yeah it's not that bad for a quick edit, just needs fine tuned more later.

greencalx

My eyesight is also not what it was and I have recently had to increase the default font size on my phone.

Fancy embedded youtube link!

Barry Admin

Oops, I didn't know YouTube embeds were automatically installed now, but they look great on the reactive move theme, so I don't think I mind them now.

Quote from: GMTV on November 18, 2021, 08:11:04 AMWe will all remember where we were the day the CaB layout was updated, monumental life event

The old style portal going back up later today, hopefully, as I have a vague idea and approach for the trans fundraiser forming, so I've just moved the whole forum software forward instead of continuing to wait for them to bloody finish.

I think the alerts can even give you notifications on your phone now, if you want. Still gotta have a good look around it all.

Uncle TechTip

Uncle TechTip and 0 Guests are viewing this topic

Is that telling the truth? Will we get to see exactly what everyone is doing on the site? Not sure how I feel about that, though I know it's a feature elsewhere.

The last theme was a real sweet spot, I hope it can come back. It stripped away everything I wasn't interested in and just left the important part, the post.

On this one, if you have all the flairs and slogans etc, your profile header takes up a third of the screen.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 18, 2021, 08:28:36 AMUncle TechTip and 0 Guests are viewing this topic

Is that telling the truth? Will we get to see exactly what everyone is doing on the site? Not sure how I feel about that, though I know it's a feature elsewhere.

Nah no need for that, I may have turned it on accidentally. You should still be able to hide your online status from being visibile in your profile, but I'll likely get rid of that anyway when I run through all the options again.

Glebe

This is a surprise. Just have to get used to it.

Oh the YT embed is nice!

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 18, 2021, 08:26:08 AMOops, I didn't know YouTube embeds were automatically installed now
I like it. Now when someone links a video I have some idea what it's about without having to click through.

Proactive

I'm finding it quite annoying (on android chrome) having to read everyone's personal text, location etc, before getting to their actual post. Anyone else?

phes

Yes. Not sure if I'll get used to it in time but at the moment it's a big distraction

Barry Admin

QuoteI'm finding it quite annoying (on android chrome) having to read everyone's personal text, location etc, before getting to their actual post. Anyone else?

Screenshot please?

Might be able to hide those in your look and layout preferences.

Edit: oh I know what you mean, didn't realise you were on a phone too. Yeah check your profile, otherwise I'll see if there's any way of changing that for mobile only later.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

QuoteWe will all remember where we were the day the CaB layout was updated, monumental life event

This date is also the third anniversary of HWPV Features saying "I don't think it's going to happen" to me in a wine bar in Moscow after I went meeting her after an absence of over two years, and the death of John Bluthal.A momentous date indeed.

QuoteI'm finding it quite annoying (on android chrome) having to read everyone's personal text, location etc, before getting to their actual post. Anyone else?

(On Android chrome) the personal text takes up quite a large amount of screen real estate and I can't see avatars.

Posting images is nice with the width/height box option.

Greg Torso

avatars look better. people without them look weird

love the youtube link. hate it when people put unmarked blind links in and never click them, so this'll be a nice addition