Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Latest Tory cronyism

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 03, 2021, 04:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: toetoe on November 16, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
That twitter account in the name of Sir Christopher Chope MP isn't real.

But i feel what it tells us about Sir Christopher Chope MP is real.

Ah shame, it had me fooled anyway. I suppose him writing #UPSKIRTING was too good to be true.

idunnosomename

be pretty funny to "Chope" his head off! haha!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 16, 2021, 04:46:09 PM
A Tory councillor has used the Liverpool bombing to try and smear Jeremy Corbyn. Revolting.

No other former leader has ever provoked so much continued attention, after two years out of the spotlight. Do they still feel threatened by him? Can you imagine anyone getting riled up by, or even caring about, Theresa May or Ed Miliband so long after their moment as leader?

Johnny Foreigner

Quote from: Darles Chickens on November 17, 2021, 08:53:34 AM
No other former leader has ever provoked so much continued attention, after two years out of the spotlight. Do they still feel threatened by him? Can you imagine anyone getting riled up by, or even caring about, Theresa May or Ed Miliband so long after their moment as leader?

Still very disappointed by Cleggie. It was too good to be true. Brown was shite but Cameron was worse; Clegg should have forged a new Lib-Lab pact when he had the chance.
I had nothing against Corbyn, but it's water under the bridge. May was pathetic, of course, but that is a consensus shared across the political spectrum.
Miliband? Let me think... No, doesn't ring a bell.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 16, 2021, 05:44:43 PM
Cllr Nickerson will be glad to know he has one thing in comment with the Tory government which he probably hopes to be part of one day - he should resign.

I've just asked for his resignation.

Sebastian Cobb

Getting felt up to advance the culture wars.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 16, 2021, 10:42:58 AM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-jacob-rees-mogg-faces-25460376

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-minister-nadhim-zahawi-pockets-25457511

Why are all these stories coming out now? What is it the press barons are trying to force the government to do?

I reckon they've just thumbed through the last 12 months of Private Eye and found enough to fill their pages. It's funny how stories ignored in the past suddenly become relevant.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 17, 2021, 12:20:40 PM
I reckon they've just thumbed through the last 12 months of Private Eye and found enough to fill their pages. It's funny how stories ignored in the past suddenly become relevant.

The annual did come out on the 28th Oct. I guess it's cheaper that way.

jobotic

Sounds like he's making a prick of himself at PMQs. Well sounds like it to me, but the scum behind him are braying and oinking away.

Fambo Number Mive

Starmer seems to think the end goal is to get Johnson to apologise. Centrist dinner party politics, anyone naughty should say sorry and that's all fine.

Blinder Data

This could actually be really bad for Johnson. He's pissed loads of his own MPs with the second job stuff. As politics gets back to "normal" from COVID, his deficiencies become more exposed. He looked a mess at PMQs today.

He seemed on top of the world after the Hartlepool by-election but who knows, with any luck it'll be Liz Truss leading the Tories at the next general election...

jobotic

QuotePMQs is over, but Michael Fabricant (Con) makes a point of order. He says Keir Starmer called Boris Johnson a coward. He asks the Speaker to accept that is out of order.

Sir Lindsay Hoyle says it was so noisy today there was a lot he did not hear. But he says that is not a word that should be used.

Starmer rises to say he will withdraw the word. But Johnson is "no leader", he adds.

Fucks sake

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteJohnson says these "constant attacks" on the UK for alleged corruption do a "massive disservice" to billions of people around the world who "genuinely suffer from government's who are corrupt"

The sheer arrogance of the man.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2021, 12:47:24 PM
Fucks sake

Bit it was fine for Johnson to accuse Starmer of "mischconduct". Maybe he fancies himself as Connery-era Bond now.

WhoMe

Our MP Andrew Rosindell being a complete cunt, as per:

https://twitter.com/Zero_4/status/1460747205405556741

Go and enjoy the subsidised bar in the Houses of Parliament Andrew, which presumably is 'needed'. Maggie poster shagging twat.

imitationleather

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 17, 2021, 12:18:52 PM

Getting felt up to advance the culture wars.

Maybe I got that family all wrong.

It's the dad who is the Jimmy Savile-type monster, not the son.

Except does anyone not think Stanley Johnson is an absolute prick? Hmmm... I'm gonna need to think this one over.

Sebastian Cobb

Rachael Johnson meanwhile writing a load of Ghislaine Maxwell apologia because 'we met at Oxford'.

gilbertharding

Surely that's ironical.

The way it unflinchingly lists the sex trafficking and notorious paedophile stuff...

I don't know, but I think she thinks her brother's almost as bad as everyone else does.

Meanwhile:

In an alternate timeline, all the Johnson children were taken into care.

king_tubby

That's Tom Usher's spoof of the column.

gilbertharding

Twit 2

The reality is not far from the parodies when it comes to this shower of cunts.

buttgammon

I saw the article article but it was only after seeing the same details repeated multiple times by multiple people that I realised it wasn't some weird parody. Somehow, these people always find a way to be even worse than you think.

Johnny Foreigner

Quote from: jobotic on November 17, 2021, 08:27:02 PM
The article is perhaps even more revolting.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/it-s-hard-not-to-pity-ghislaine-maxwell

Ye gods, what shallow, meaningless tosh is that. Clearly runs in the family.

Johnny Yesno

So you don't have to click on that link:

QuoteThis week, I'm having puppies! First litter! The Johnsons were not doggy as we always moved around too much (my late mother claims it was 32 times in 17 years), but once you have a dog, life seems boring without. I have a theory that children give couples something to talk about and, when they go, only a dog can fill the conversational void. The mother (or 'dam') is Ziggy, who entered our lives one week before lockdown after I had a sudden strong urge to get a dog. On 13 March last year I drove to a farm in Somerset and fell for a puff of white fur with three black dots for a face for which I shelled out a four-figure sum. I'm afraid she is a cockapoo, like every other dog in London, but that's not her fault. Anyway, two months ago she married Baxter, the scrappy terrier belonging to Mr and Mrs James Mates of Bark Place. Every time Fiona Mates and I see each other we shriek: 'We are a grandmother!' I have also ordered the bible, The Book of the Bitch (great Jackie Collins energy), and have set my tail to permanent 'wag' as I am having puppies for Christmas and for life.

Since my beloved mother died I have become an executor. I have this top tip to pass on. When you register a death, the name on the death certificate has to be exactly the same as the one used on all important documents for probate to happen. If it isn't, you are in a world of pain as well as grief. Well. I was pretty confident my twice-married mother's name was Charlotte Maria Offlow Johnson Wahl. But it turns out 'Maria' was her invention (either when she became a Roman Catholic or after her second marriage to an American whose middle name was 'Maria') and she went by around eight variants of her names, both here and in the US, where she was Mrs Wahl. I am having to apply to the General Register Office in Southport for as many of these variants as possible to be added and start all over again. If this isn't an argument for women sticking with their maiden names for life and for lunch, I don't know what is.

It has been a source of mystery to me and no doubt many others that I manage to host a radio show without landing in the soup more often. I'm always saying things like, 'But are we allowed to say Liverpool Women's Hospital any more?' and 'I only want to see someone in a surgical face mask in an operating theatre' and 'If lockdowns work, why are we having another one and if lockdowns don't work, why are we having another one?' But then I realise I am a mere soggy centrist snowflake compared with some. How I long to have the tungsten nerves of Lionel Shriver of this parish, who stars in my Difficult Women podcast this week. After discussion with my producer and the execs we decided not to issue any trigger warnings before dropping the podcast that contains, ah, firmly uncompromising views on immigration, cancel culture, trans issues, cultural appropriation and having children (she is strongly against, as 'You don't know what you're going to get'). You must listen and judge for yourselves.

It's hard not to feel a batsqueak of pity for Ghislaine Maxwell — 500 days and counting in solitary confinement. I intersected briefly with her at Oxford. As a fresher I wandered into Balliol JCR one day in search of its subsidised breakfast granola-and-Nescafé offering and found a shiny glamazon with naughty eyes holding court astride a table, a high-heeled boot resting on my brother Boris's thigh. She gave me a pitying glance but I did manage to snag an invite to her party in Headington Hill Hall — even though I wasn't in the same college as her and Boris. I have a memory of her father, Bob, coming out in a towelling robe and telling us all to go home. I'm sure fairweather friends would not reveal they went to a Ghislaine Maxwell party: as Barbara Amiel's brilliant memoir Friends and Enemies proves, you only know who your real chums are when you're in the gutter.

PS: Everyone wants to know if 1) We are going to keep one and 2) We are going to sell them. Well, Ziggy has cost me eight grand for various reasons so far. All I can say is, take a numbered ticket — having arranged a second mortgage — and get in line.

This diary is from the upcoming edition of The Spectator, out tomorrow.
Written by Rachel Johnson

Blinder Data

it's so boring to be the "the BBC is biased" guy but Johnson's awful performance at Westminster today is nowhere near the front page. Oh well. Maybe PMQs is just something Twitter folk care about after all! 🙃

Paul Calf

And that stupid pissed-up cunt seeming to forget that he was in Glasgow, not Edinburgh. Using the Romans as a guide, we seem to be somewhere around Nero,

QuoteNero illustrated, once again, the overreliance in Roman culture on familial connections. "When he was a boy," Barrett says, "I don't think anybody would have imagined he'd become an emperor." But Nero benefited from the work of his mother, Agrippina, a talented manipulator who became the fourth wife of Emperor Claudius and masterminded promotions and appointments to pave Nero's path.

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/7/8564895/crazy-roman-emperors

unless Cameron was Nero and Johnson is actually Caligula.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteSir Graham Brady, the chair of the Conservative's influential committee of backbenchers, is facing questions over £800 an hour that he received from a company run by a constituent amid a lack of clarity over the nature of the business.

Brady, who called an emergency meeting of the committee on Wednesday to discuss Boris Johnson's plans to crack down on second jobs, declared in his register of interests that he receives £10,000 a year for 12 hours' work for Snowshill Allied Holdings, a company run by constituent Michael Goldstone.

The firm is described by Companies House as "management consultancy activities other than financial management" but has no online presence specifying its activities.

Labour said Brady should refer himself to the parliamentary commissioner for guidance on how to declare the nature of the business he was advising on.

Goldstone told the Guardian that he paid Brady for informal advice because of their friendship, calling him "a very honourable man", but said he agreed the rules should make it clearer what business an MP was involved with so there could be no confusion.

He said: "He has never brought me in a penny of business and has never intervened on my behalf in politics and he never would." He said he thought the payments were "fair" for the discussions he had with Brady...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/18/graham-brady-faces-questions-over-opaque-800-an-hour-job

Meanwhile Johnson's plan for second jobs only affects around 10 MPs:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/17/boris-johnson-plan-on-second-jobs-would-hit-fewer-than-10-mps?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

90 our of the 360 Tory MPs have second jobs. I do wonder how, given we're told how busy and hard working MPs are (and I'm sure most are) any MP has the time or energy to do a second job.

QuoteGoldstone told the Guardian that he paid Brady for informal advice because of their friendship

That's not how friendships work, you weird, toff cunts.

Uncle TechTip

The editor of the Daily Mail has been ousted, so that puts an end to the recent front page attacks on greedy MPs. *slaps palms in up-and-down motion*