Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy folks in music videos.

Started by Glebe, November 19, 2021, 08:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Chris Barrie appearing in a Little Mix video for Sports Relief is the most baffling I've seen. I can't imagine any of Little Mix are fans of The Brittas Empire.

Brundle-Fly

Angus Deayton in Hillman Minx's whinging, lyrics on the back of a fag packet list song, I've Had Enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlW6ZbKLbE

chveik

Ornlu

Quote from: Glebe on November 19, 2021, 12:37:57 PMGood one! Patton appears briefly in the 'dialogue' version' as 'Michael from Barnsley'!

So I'd heard, but an earlier glance at Wikipedia says apparently not ('Some fans claim that Mike Patton is the singer just leaving the stage as the video is beginning'), and looking at him closely, I really don't think it is.

Petey Pate

Matt Lucas and David Wailliams appear as Mash and Peas in the video for Fas Les' Vindaloo, you can spot them at about 1:15 in.

McChesney Duntz

Lots and lots of comedy people in this one, conceived and directed by the great Tom Scharpling:

bigfatheart

Dave Foley's been in a couple of videos by hardcore punk supergroup OFF! (with Brian Posehn also showing up in the latter):

https://youtu.be/4gzS1Ull5_8

https://youtu.be/XGWDH4e6kKc

Povidone

Lauren Lapkus in They Might Be Giant's 'You're on Fire' video was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Rizla

Quote from: Glebe on November 19, 2021, 09:42:59 AMGoing back to Kate Bush, apparently she appeared in and wrote a song for The Comic Strip, something that kind of rings a bell,

DrGreggles

Pimhole

Quote from: Rizla on November 19, 2021, 04:20:27 PM

And she appeared in The Comic Strip Presents... Les Dogs, but the les said about that the better.

BeardFaceMan

Matt Besser directed NOFX's Oxy Moronic video, he appears in it too.

AliasTheCat

Poor old Sean Hughes in Terrovision's Tequilla:
Ooh, we can embed videos now!?

McChesney Duntz

<Vyvyan>YES, WE CAN EMBED VIDEOS!</Vyvyan>

Pranet

They have both been mentioned but I don't think together- Matt Lucas in Jesusland by Ben Folds.

Dirty Boy

I wonder who's got a sausage roll fum?

Didn't Frank Sidebottom do something for Aphex Twin or did i dream it it? Have a weird memory of him recreating the Windowlicker video.

Jackson K Pollock

Weirdly, just watching top of the pops on bbc 4 and the video for Bare Necessities Megamix by the UK Mixmasters has Gary Wilmot lip syncing to various Jungle Book songs. Does that count?!

Brundle-Fly

RHX

Quote from: Dirty Boy on November 19, 2021, 09:04:37 PMDidn't Frank Sidebottom do something for Aphex Twin or did i dream it it? Have a weird memory of him recreating the Windowlicker video.

He did indeed!

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on November 19, 2021, 06:50:55 PM<Vyvyan>YES, WE CAN EMBED VIDEOS!</Vyvyan>
I know some forums where too many embedded videos destroy page load times and render everything unusable. I figured this was an unofficial stress test.

Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders were obviously in various Comic Relief things, and aforementioned Kate Bush, but also a couple of Alison Moyet vids, including Love Letters:

PaulTMA

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 19, 2021, 10:09:43 AMThe Mr Show people have been in a lot of stuff, David Cross was in a Strokes video, Jill Talley and Tom Kenny in a Smashing Pumpkins vid, I'm sure there's a few more.

Mary Lynn Rajskub in Weezer's 'The Good Life'

PaulTMA

Benny Hill in Genesis' 'Anything She Does'.  Not a single but was played on screen before they went onstage:

PaulTMA

John Thompson in Squeeze's 'This Summer':

chveik

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on November 19, 2021, 03:56:09 PMLots and lots of comedy people in this one, conceived and directed by the great Tom Scharpling:

why am i in your ignore list

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: chveik on November 19, 2021, 10:56:47 PMwhy am i in your ignore list

Because thaaaaat's your liiiiife.

(No, it's because I can't see YT vids while I'm web-browsing at work, else I would have recognized it. Still, worthy of being shared twice.  And here, another NP video with comedians in it:)

13 schoolyards

Not exactly big international names here, but it's the cast of Australia's own Late Show hanging around with John "You're the Voice" Farnham

Ron Superior

Matt Berry was in this pretty great vid by Three Trapped Tigers.

Also Weird Al was in, and directed, Wail by JSBX. This was a real worlds colliding thing for me when this came out. Now I Got Worry is one of my favourite albums ever.

DrGreggles

mrapollo

Art Brut with Tony Slattery and Michael Legge

Ron Superior

Ooh, just remembered this one with Dr Buckles for The Wannadies