Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rittenhouse cleared of charges

Started by bgmnts, November 19, 2021, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Quote from: chveik on November 19, 2021, 07:14:20 PMthought this piece of shit was banned

Does banning even stop people coming back...?  No...

The new alerts are great for report to moderator stuff, use them, use ignore script when required.  I'll keep an eye here but I also need a break tonight.

QDRPHNC

Quite a good article covering the facts of the case, local laws, etc.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/11/rittenhouse-jury-verdict-self-defense-legal-analysis.html

QuotePut differently: Once Rittenhouse fired his first shots, he and his attackers plausibly entered a context in which neither could be held legally liable for killing the other. Whether one emerged from this confrontation legally innocent or lawfully executed hinged on little more than one's relative capacity for rapidly deploying lethal violence. Rittenhouse had a more powerful weapon and a quicker trigger finger than Huber or Grosskreutz. Thus, he walks free, in full health, while Huber lies in a grave and Grosskreutz gets by without the bulk of his right bicep.

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 19, 2021, 07:25:56 PMDoes banning even stop people coming back...?  No...

Would you ban me Barry? :(

I thought you were fair and even handed

Barry Admin

I am, but trolling isn't really tolerated on here anymore, we'd all just rather have a friendly environment tbh.  Global pandemic and people living in poverty and climate crisis and all that, you know?  People just wanna have a discussion without Jonny Racistguy doing his bit.

Mobius

Vitamin C

While blocking Paulie just now I discovered there's a user named Paulie Tagnuts, which made laugh more than it should. No posts yet. Probably for the best.

jobotic

I'm not racist either, it's just that my favourite murderers are.

JarrowMonkey

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 19, 2021, 07:07:02 PMmore virile and potent than ever, I thrive on justice being served

I bet your breath stinks

chveik

if the cops don't kill you, the nazis will. greatest country on earth

Alberon

Cuellar

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: Alberon on November 19, 2021, 08:02:09 PMHalf the US is certifiably insane.

You may be understating things considerably.

McChesney Duntz

EDIT: ecch, never mind, the fucker's not even worth the attention.

Kankurette

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on November 19, 2021, 07:40:14 PMok, I'm not racist tho xx
No, you just think a murdering racist little cunt getting away with it is funny. Still, thanks for the heads up that your opinions are worth nothing.

idunnosomename

more like SHITTENHOUSE

cant wait to see the ben garrison cartoon

Psybro

You know in the last 5 years I'm getting to thinking that even the BBQ and roller coasters aren't worth entertaining the United States for.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

QuoteDavid Hancock, a spokesman for the Rittenhouse family, told CBS the family had expected the acquittal, adding that they were now "in an undisclosed location".
They'd fucking want to be.

QuoteRichards said Kyle Rittenhouse was relieved and currently headed home: "He wants to get on with his life."

"He wished none of this would have ever happened," he said.
WELL HE SHOULDN'T HAVE GONE THERE THEN, SHOULD HE HAVE.

QuoteThe lawyer noted that Rittenhouse is suffering from post-traumatic stress (PTSD) because of the incidents and has been in counselling.
Good. I hope it haunts him forever and his mental health never recovers.

bgmnts

Well we all hate solicitors but I suppose everyone has right to a defence don't they?

BlodwynPig

More to this than meets the eye? Anyone else and he'd be dead already?

El Unicornio, mang

Was the fact that he was technically a child when he did these things a factor in this? I haven't followed the case that closely.

Seems to be the fact that he was allowed to have the weapon and the poor dear was being chased and in fear of his life so it was totally fine to blow away two unarmed men. The fact that the little puke deliberately went there with a gun doesn't seem to matter. Same thing with the Trayvon Martin killing. Who cares that the murderer should have stayed in his fucking car instead of stalking a teenager? Bawwwwww the scary black kid rushed him so it was self defense.

Still at least this means it's fine for BLM protesters to tool up and murder the police in "self defense".

HA HA HA CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE HOW QUICKLY THEY'D BE EXECUTED

bgmnts

QuoteJoe Biden said: "I stand by what the jury has concluded."

The US president told reporters: "The jury system works. We have to abide by it."

In a later statement Biden appealed for calm and said he had spoken to local authorities in Wisconsin to offer any help needed to ensure public safety. "While the verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken."

JamesTC

I thought Biden was getting a colonoscopy?

bgmnts

Think it's an endoscopy.

Same thing for Biden though innit lul

chveik

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 19, 2021, 10:23:26 PMStill at least this means it's fine for BLM protesters to tool up and murder the police in "self defense".

no need to imagine

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/us/michael-reinoehl-killing-investigation.html

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on November 19, 2021, 10:23:26 PMStill at least this means it's fine for BLM protesters to tool up and murder the police in "self defense".

It all comes down to who has the most guns, and that's the police and white people. You can turn up somewhere, wave your legally-owned and permitted gun around, and if someone gets aggressive towards you, you can shoot him and anyone else who comes at you after that. But if you're black, you'll get shot sooner or later; if you're white the police will have a nice chat with you and at worst arrest you.

chveik

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 19, 2021, 10:47:11 PMif you're white the police will have a nice chat with you and at worst arrest you.

unless you're a leftist