Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New CaB Banner?

Started by QDRPHNC, November 20, 2021, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

With our lovely new forum, there's talk of needing a new banner for the top of the page. We have lots and lots of people on here who are talented with Photoshop or whatever, so it might be fun to invite entries and maybe have a bit of a vote on it, if Neil is ok with it?

From what I can gather, header images should be 900 x 90px by default but that can also be changed in the back end. I'm not an expert, so happy to be corrected on any of this.

So maybe we could set a width limit of 900 and a height between 90 and 140. And please please please make sure you actually design / output something at 2x size so that it looks good for people on higher resolution screens.

And maybe a new favicon to go along with it (those are the icons that appear up in your browser's tab bar). Those should be 800x800.

mothman

And it needs to be work safe!!

QDRPHNC

Yep, nothing wrong with being sexy. But work-safe sexy.

Glebe

I'd like to put myself forward to be the new CaB Banner. If elected the first forum member I will ban is popcorn (obviously!).

madhair60

QDRPHNC

Ferris

Get rid of that madhair60 shit (replace with popular and good poster like Ferris?) and could be onto a winner.

Edit: shit posted from wrong sock

Dex Sawash

<Something about> fucking the cab banner boy

Jittlebags

One word, or rather name:  Hans.

mothman

If you're looking for the new face of CaB, well, thousands of Twitter users can't be wrong.

https://twitter.com/talesofbeyond/status/1461863649656676356

mothman

Maybe something like "Cook'd and Bomb'd - as trolled on Inside No. 9!"

shoulders

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 20, 2021, 05:41:05 PMAnd maybe a new favicon to go along with it (those are the icons that appear up in your browser's tab bar). Those should be 800x800.

Isn't 800x800 huge for that?

The banner should obviously be an animated gif for an optimal browsing experience.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on November 21, 2021, 02:02:53 AMIsn't 800x800 huge for that?

Yes, ridiculously huge.  The current one is 22x22.

GoblinAhFuckScary

popcorn

I would love to be the new banner. I can think of loads of people I'd ban straight away.

Can we get all these images to rotate randomly?

H-O-W-L

Quote from: popcorn on November 21, 2021, 02:41:42 AMI would love to be the new banner. I can think of loads of people I'd ban straight away.

Can we get all these images to rotate randomly?

That would be ace.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 21, 2021, 02:25:12 AMYes, ridiculously huge.  The current one is 22x22.

There's no downside to making it bigger than it needs to be. The filesize will still be very small and it'll have the benefit of being future proof for increasingly higher resolutions.

The Dog

Think we need a clear mission statement.

hamfist

Quote from: mothman on November 20, 2021, 10:27:54 PMMaybe something like "Cook'd and Bomb'd - as trolled on Inside No. 9!"

"as seen on tv" zap over her 4th wall breaking look to cam