Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

crumpets

Started by madhair60, November 20, 2021, 10:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

fucking yum. Just had a couple of crumpets w/ butter. anyone else just had a couple of crumpets?

Sebastian Cobb

marmite and melted cheese if you want pure decadence

Midas

ate four today. no regrets.

Sebastian Cobb

the big oversized ones are shit though

mothman

I want a crumpet now...

It always frightened me when I was little how much butter they'd swallow. When you're new to the game, it just disappeared so you'd put more on, then it'd start dripping out the bottom.

You have to be careful and put a little scraping on over the top, or not bother at all.
They're nice with strawberry jam.
A bit stodgy, they're a bit too much, but aye, they're nice now and then.

Scotch pancakes. Phwoar! Little bit of butter on the top. They're nice.

pancreas

Potted shrimps and a little thai basil

shoulders

Look at that wank.

Peanut butter (crunchy)
Butter

I am the king of crumpets and what I say goes you fucking little cunts

Cold Meat Platter

Concur with cheese recommendation. Savoury crumpets seemed like the stuff of a madman's dreams 'til I threw some mature cheddar on there.

poo

M&S do sourdough ones

mothman

I really wish someone could tell me the secret to toasting hot cross buns without burning the fucking things...

shoulders

Quote from: poo on November 20, 2021, 10:56:35 PMM&S do sourdough ones

Abject

Even the very best crumpets should cost around 25p a packet

poo

shoulders

flotemysost

Quote from: mothman on November 20, 2021, 10:56:52 PMI really wish someone could tell me the secret to toasting hot cross buns without burning the fucking things...

You have to confess your sins while they're toasting. If they still come out burnt it means you're going to Hell, sorry.

One of the wilder excesses of debauchery I indulged in last year was toasted crumpets with tuna mayo, fried chopped leeks and loads of black pepper on top.

mothman

"Things were about to kick off - so we got out of there fast." Ross Kemp on Crumpets, coming to Sky this Autumn.

Quote from: flotemysost on November 20, 2021, 11:06:09 PMYou have to confess your sins while they're toasting. If they still come out burnt it means you're going to Hell, sorry.

Well, darn.

QuoteOne of the wilder excesses of debauchery I indulged in last year was toasted crumpets with tuna mayo, fried chopped leeks and loads of black pepper on top.

I made a bacon sandwich using a toasted raisin teaake!

jobotic

Crumpets look like something that live in the sea. Scotch pancakes are where it's at.

monkfromhavana

Do you mean pikelets?

thenoise

Yes butter melts all the way through, got to be a little bit dripping through as well, lick it off your fingers when you are done. Oo that's proper tasty.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: mothman on November 20, 2021, 10:56:52 PMI really wish someone could tell me the secret to toasting hot cross buns without burning the fucking things...

toast them for less time than you currently are

mothman

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 20, 2021, 11:15:38 PMtoast them for less time than you currently are
I tried that! They're totally binary, quantum-locked as being either untoasted or burnt.

Mr Banlon

Cheese and pickle on top (not melted under the grill or owt, just cheese and pickle placed on top of a toasted 'pet and yammed like a fat canape)

Steven88

Shit Good Nose

I know Warburtons typically gets a bum deal around these parts, but their crumpets are the best non-artisan ones by far.

I'm also a fan of (English) muffins.

badaids

The idea of crumpets is better than the reality.

I don't trust them because they don't burn like bread - they should have used them as the cladding on Grenfell.

pigamus

They do take fucking ages in the toaster, but I like that, it's a mark of seriousness

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I've just had a pikelet. I put butter on it.

chveik

Elderly Sumo Prophecy