Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New CaB Banner?

Started by QDRPHNC, November 20, 2021, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QDRPHNC

Quote from: The Dog on November 21, 2021, 10:58:21 AMThink we need a clear mission statement.

That's fair. I'll put on my Creative Director's tweed flat cap then.

• The most prominent feature should be the name of the site.
  • Doesn't necessarily have to include the ".co.uk", but it also couldn't hurt.
  • Probably best to stick to the colour palette established by the new theme.
  • I don't think I'd want to say "no in-jokes", but if you're going to do that, don't just focus on one.
  • Should make it clear that this is at heart a comedy forum (so as much as I like Dr. Trouser's Commodore 64 inspired effort, it says "retro forum").
  • Using images of Cook and Morris is obvious, but there's also nothing wrong with that.

I know this isn't a mission statement really, but I'm tired. Maybe some inspiration from the past?

QDRPHNC

Ferris

Ooh like that one. How does it look matching the sepia to white? Or is the mis-match nicer because it splits the text up?

QDRPHNC

Mismatched it for separation. Sepia is from the locked thread colour. This is just a suggestion though. Maybe it should be funny? Something like Madhair's... "debate, laquer, laughs"

Barry Admin

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 21, 2021, 03:31:50 PM

Oooohhhh!

Edit: likely needs centered or for it to blend in? I dunno but it's up now for a test.

Ferris

[Edit: just realized this is a lift of madhair's earlier gag so I've removed it. Not had a coffee yet. Must do better.]

Banner looks really good, interested to see what other people think.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 21, 2021, 03:41:45 PMEdit: likely needs centered or for it to blend in? I dunno but it's up now for a test.

Hmmm, leave it with me and I'll see if I can do a version that blends in better.

McChesney Duntz

Barry Admin

It does look wicked :-D thanks, enjoyed the other ones too, can definitely try and rotate some

madhair60

Ferris

pigamus

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on November 21, 2021, 03:43:20 PM[Edit: just realized this is a lift of madhair's earlier gag so I've removed it. Not had a coffee yet. Must do better.]

Banner looks really good, interested to see what other people think.

It's good but the faces look a bit squashed into the middle, might be wrong

QDRPHNC

Quote from: pigamus on November 21, 2021, 03:57:47 PMIt's good but the faces look a bit squashed into the middle, might be wrong

They are a little, I'm going to tweak a bit further. Issue with this sort of thing is that if the eyes are broken up badly by the lettering, it can be very uncomfortable to look at.

Icehaven

Fambo Number Mive

Dr Rock

Zetetic

canadagoose

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Joe Pesci has let himself go. Or is it James Woods?

QDRPHNC

Thank you for the positive reception :)

Here's an updated version, and a mock-up for placement. Happy to add a subtitle or something to it if people who are much funnier than me can come up with something.

McChesney Duntz

Nice one. Possible tagline: "Failed comedy writers who never got over Chris Morris" - B.C. Linehan

Jerzy Bondov

That banner seems to be very popular so for balance I would like to say it's fucking shit wank

I thought the first one was good, but this is even better.

Dr Rock

Can we have Madhair's banner sometimes?

selectivememory

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 21, 2021, 05:18:57 PM

I thought the first one was good, but this is even better.

Yeah, this one is great.

DrGreggles

Why's Ken Dodd on the right?

QDRPHNC

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on November 21, 2021, 04:45:49 PMNice one. Possible tagline: "Failed comedy writers who never got over Chris Morris" - B.C. Linehan

Not sure how Barry would feel about officially enshining Linehan at the top of the page, but it could work presented just as a tagline, without the quotes and BC's name.

McChesney Duntz

"The world-renowned forum for failed comedy writers who never got over Chris Morris," mayhap?

canadagoose

I also like the even newer banner.

I noticed the current one is hosted on Imgur - should it not be hosted on the same server as CaB? Imgur might not be too chuffed about it if it finds out.

Edit: Ignore me - looks like it was fixed just before I posted!

Barry Admin

Quote from: canadagoose on November 21, 2021, 05:31:59 PMI also like the even newer banner.

I noticed the current one is hosted on Imgur - should it not be hosted on the same server as CaB? Imgur might not be too chuffed about it if it finds out.

Edit: Ignore me - looks like it was fixed just before I posted!

Yeah I just linked directly as a test to save the hassle of copying it and uploading on my phone.