Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

NoSleep

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 18, 2021, 07:29:11 PMIt's only just occurred to me that Duke Ellington is a pun on the Duke of Wellington.

I'm not sure that it was intentionally so. Ellington Was his real surname and he got called called "Duke" by his friends from an early age, on account of his demeanour.

olliebean

They might have chosen "Duke" rather than "Earl" or "Lord" because of his surname, though.

Replies From View

It's always a trade-off with the final consonant of the title potentially leaking onto the surname over time.

Due Kellington
Er Lellington
Lor Dellington

Much of a muchness really, but Earl has the worst result.

dissolute ocelot

I recently realised that the 30 Helens in the Kids In The Hall sketches are probably not all called Helen. I know, but I was wondering how difficult it must be to get 30 elderly women called Helen all in a field, but they're probably professional extras or actors, yeah? It's not like herding cats.

NoSleep

Quote from: olliebean on November 19, 2021, 07:58:17 AMThey might have chosen "Duke" rather than "Earl" or "Lord" because of his surname, though.

Stevie Wonder called him the "King of all, Sir Duke."

touchingcloth

The lyric in Walking in Memphis is "walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale". This is one of those songs where the misheard lyric used to vex me pre-internet, but which I have only just remembered I used to get annoyed by. I heard it as "walking with me feet and feet off of me" or "walking with me feet and feet off of veal", which clearly it wasn't.

"There's a pretty little thing waiting for the king down in the jungle room" is, however, still every bit as sinister as it used to sound.

Replies From View

The quite innocently framed "Bananas in Pyjamas" song and its spin-off materials are all exclusively about some male genitalia spunking down a flight of stairs.

And all parents know this when they teach it to their children.  Mums and dads wink and cackle to one another in "asides" as they do it.

"Soon our child will be singing about ejaculation!!"

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on November 19, 2021, 04:48:34 PMits spin-off materials ... about some male genitalia spunking down a flight of stairs.

Tautology, much?!

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 19, 2021, 10:15:31 PMTautology, much?!

Well of course all spin-off materials from all franchises are exclusively about spunking liberally down a flight of stairs, but 'Bananas in Pyjamas' is one of those ones that children are instructed to dwell upon until they dream about it, and it's even more popular than Santa Claus.

touchingcloth

The spin-off material is spunk

Cerys

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 19, 2021, 03:18:45 PMThe lyric in Walking in Memphis is "walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale".

I thought it was 'off of the Earth'.  Bloody hell.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Cerys on November 20, 2021, 12:07:32 AMI thought it was 'off of the Earth'.  Bloody hell.

Always switched radio stations before it got that far

touchingcloth

I've had it as an earworm for about three days. Dreadful.

Icehaven

I always thought the first line of Wind Of Change by The Scorpions was "Follow the last one, those who don't keep up, listening to the wind of change", which didn't make much sense but I assumed it was because they were German so something had been lost in translation and his accent was distorting it too (in my defence it's one of the only songs of their's that I know so I didn't realise they always sing in English). Discovering it's actually "Follow the Moskva, down to Gorky park" makes more sense now but tbh probably wouldn't have done when I was 10.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: icehaven on November 20, 2021, 04:28:35 PM"Follow the Moskva, down to Gorky park"
makes more sense now but tbh
probably wouldn't have
done when I was 10.
Listening to the wind of change

Still scans

Paul Calf

I've just realised that I thought that was "Follow in the cart / Down to Gorky Park".

touchingcloth

I noticed an electric car drive by all silent and that earlier, and started wondering how easy it is to know when to change gears. Turns out it's very easy, because they have automatic rather than manual gears.

Sonny_Jim

Apparently they don't have any gears, not even a CVT, but I just had to google that, I've never driven one.

Blue Jam

The cover of Queen's Greatest Hits album: It's meant to look like a British passport isn't it? How have I not realised this until just before passports will be blue and that design idea won't work anymore?

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 22, 2021, 03:14:52 PMThe cover of Queen's Greatest Hits album: It's meant to look like a British passport isn't it?

Oh, er... yes. Now you mention it...

(She's started early)

Blue Jam

You know what Voltan? I had no idea there were separate US and UK editions either, and that the "passport" one was the US edition. Until now. D'oh.

I don't own either (evidently), and I'm not American, so I have no idea why I am more familiar with the "passport" one. Was the UK one reissued with a new cover or something?

I have also just learned there is a Queen's Greatest Hits 2, which is the same shade of blue as the old UK passport/new post-Brexit passport. Must be deliberate *paging buzby*

To be honest, not being much of a Queen fan I just googled to see what you were referring to and the cover I posted was the first one I saw. I saw the passport one too of course but posted the wrong one because I'm an unfunny twat hilarious.

dissolute ocelot

Just reading about the Queen logo/coat of arms, which I'd never looked at closely despite it appearing on the front cover of Night at the Opera  and the British passport. Apparently the 2 fairies represent Freddie and the crab is Brian (who is a cancer).

Replies From View

When football fanatics warble "oh lay oh lay oh lay oh lay" they're actually stating how they - as good ol' patriotic English people - love to have their English tea prepared.  In French, though.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on November 23, 2021, 02:24:23 PMWhen football fanatics warble "oh lay oh lay oh lay oh lay" they're actually stating how they - as good ol' patriotic English people - love to have their English tea prepared.  In French, though.

They add Oil of Olay?

Replies From View

Yeah they use it instead of sugar

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on November 22, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

Oh, er... yes. Now you mention it...

(She's started early)

I always got a Superman 2 glass prison vibe from it (SII was released the year before)

Replies From View

Tom Baker ended up trapped in his one.

touchingcloth

Replies From View

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 23, 2021, 06:12:07 PMAND WHO IS "THEY", EXACTLY???

football fanatics right

the ones muttering "au lait au lait au lait"

the very same ones