Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Are these shirts the real reason John Higgins went on a diet?

DocDaneeka

Why are the shirts so shiny?

I dunno what I'd go for instead of the traditionals. Nice chunky knits? One player in red plaid the other in blue?

Blue Jam

I dunno but Tatiana Woollaston is looking very smart tonight. Long-sleeved black top, Cazoo logo but it's still got a proper collar. And it's not shiny. Why not something like that?

Bingtao beats Selby to set up a possible Bing derby in the semi-final (if Ballbag beats Ronnie and then either Ding or Whalelike of Wishaw in tomorrow's matches).

Set your alarms for the reveal of the Bingham promo shot tomorrow morning. The odds are:

7/11 - full frontal
13/15 - arms crossed to cover nips
14/11 - facing away from camera due to sponsor's concerns about ticket sales

Blue Jam

17/1 - Matchroom issue gimp suit

Blue Jam

Meanwhile, those classy minimalist Bazza shitlogos in full:

I like the way Ryan Day, Stephen Maguire and Stuart Bingham basically have the same one with a few little tweaks that say "fuckit this'll do".

buttgammon

The David Gilbert one would've been much improved with a ruddy-cheeked farmer leaning out of the side of the tractor screaming at cattle.

I reckon the Bingham photo is published within the next hour.

Blue Jam

Nips hidden, could have been worse. Also balanced out by the raw eroticism of Fetish Ding.

druss

Higgins' head now looks far too big for his body.

Blue Jam

Does look a bit like a Weightwatchers group photo doesn't it.

Ding is looking trim too.

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 18, 2021, 11:29:38 AM

Nips hidden, could have been worse. Also balanced out by the raw eroticism of Fetish Ding.

Is this available as a NFT?

The Crumb

QuoteMeanwhile, those classy minimalist Bazza shitlogos in full

I like the way Ryan Day, Stephen Maguire and Stuart Bingham basically have the same one with a few little tweaks that say "fuckit this'll do".

Couldn't even do actual dynamite for some reason.

Can't read the rest of his nickname, so assuming Mark Williams is just 'The Welsh' from now on.

Blue Jam

Bingham out. Probably for the best.

Ding coming from behind against Thiggins. Good chance the Ding-Ronnie bromance may continue tonight.

Sake. Higgins back from the dead. And inevitable he'll beat Ronnie tonight.

Blue Jam

Gutted, though probably not as much as Ronnie.

GWAAAAAAARN RONNIE, Ding must be avenged.

pigamus

Jesus, when you look worse than Bingham, I'm almost feeling sorry for Tiny Face now

Blue Jam

Yan is a snooker machiiiiiiine

I left at 3-3 last night, but they were lucky I didn't go home before it'd even started thanks to this atrocity: https://twitter.com/emfrazer/status/1462137710638997515

DocDaneeka

Hey atleast it wasn't Chelsea Dagger.

Looks like Higgins is going to get an absolute pasting. Fair fucks to the Judderman he's good at Snooker.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 21, 2021, 07:57:20 AMI left at 3-3 last night, but they were lucky I didn't go home before it'd even started thanks to this atrocity: https://twitter.com/emfrazer/status/1462137710638997515

Hearn AF

Johnny Foreigner

I love snooker but cannae watch it as I don't pay a licence fee. *sadface*

How is John Higgins doing?

Hard to dislike Trumpy these days, especially when he's the cause of yet another Higgins bottle job. It's lovely to see. I'm sure I heard a few boos for Higgins tonight too.

UK Championships start on Tuesday! Though if you're relying on terrestrial TV then you have to wait until the second round before the BBC show any of it. Their coverage is so shit these days that I'd quite happily see them lose it all to ITV. Obviously Eurosport is the connoisseur's choice, but ITV come a close second seeing as - unlike the BBC - their team actually watch snooker beyond the stuff they're commentating on.

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on November 21, 2021, 09:31:54 PMI love snooker but cannae watch it as I don't pay a licence fee. *sadface*

How is John Higgins doing?

He got done 10-4. It's all over now but was on ITV - can you watch ITV Hub without paying a licence fee?

Worth keeping an eye out for Eurosport Black Friday deals next week. They usually do massive discounts on annual passes to bring them down to £15/£20-ish. A couple of years ago they even did them for £1.99.

Blue Jam

Eurosport is now part of Discovery+ and a subscription curently costs £60 for some snooker + 90 Day Fiancée + Carole Baskin's Cage Fight plus loads of other factual programming too tawdry even for me. I've just checked and it looks like I'm still on the £40 annual pass deal because I signed up a few years back.

Well worth it in any case. You get all the snooker and the two-man luge.

Shit, I didn't realise that. Still well worth it but that's probably the end of those daft discounts.

If anyone wants some late nite entertainment, pop Eurosport on. Shaun Murphy's 4-1 down against an amateur in the first round of the UK Championship and is playing absolutely terribly.

He just had an easy chance to steal the sixth frame but somehow went in-off.

Edit - 5-1 now!

sevendaughters

not got Eurosport but following it. hoping for an interesting bunch of R2 ties as that's when I'll be in York for it.

shoulders

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 21, 2021, 07:57:20 AMI left at 3-3 last night, but they were lucky I didn't go home before it'd even started thanks to this atrocity: https://twitter.com/emfrazer/status/1462137710638997515

A scene from Hell

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 23, 2021, 09:54:55 PMIf anyone wants some late nite entertainment, pop Eurosport on. Shaun Murphy's 4-1 down against an amateur in the first round of the UK Championship and is playing absolutely terribly.

He just had an easy chance to steal the sixth frame but somehow went in-off.

Edit - 5-1 now!

Smurph brought it back to 5-5 and the lost the decider :')

What an absolute prick:

"I feel extremely hard done by that I have lost to someone who shouldn't even be in the building.

"I don't know why we as a sport allow amateurs to compete in professional tournaments. This is our livelihood. This is our living. We are self-employed individuals and not contracted sportsmen. We don't play for a team.

"The other 127 runners and riders in the tournament, it is their livelihood too. It is wrong, in my opinion, to walk into somebody who is not playing with the same pressures and concerns I am.

"He played like a man who does not have a care in the world, because he does not have a care in the world. It is not fair, it is not right.

"I am not picking on him as a young man, he deserved his victory. Amateurs should not be allowed in professional tournaments, the end.

"This is our livelihood. This is how I put food on the table. This is how I earn money. Since turning professional at 15, I have earned the right to call myself a professional snooker player. He hasn't done that. He shouldn't be on the table."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/59392405