Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:18:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HOT SAUCE

Started by madhair60, November 21, 2021, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

decided to become one of those people who's into hot sauce, can anyone recommend any to go with my WINGS????????????????????????????

https://youtu.be/YxH-hNswOu0

non capisco

You can get Crystal Louisiana hot sauce in quite a lot of world food places now. Well, you can in the one in Penge. That's my go-to hot sauce at the moment because it reminds me of New Orleans, although I will inevitably go back to my beloved Encona scotch bonnet original at some point.

Catalogue Trousers

This is nice, if perhaps best suited to Chinese food.

This is effectively Worcester sauce with added chillies, and it's pretty versatile.

And this one might just leave you pooing napalm. But it is good stuff.

Cold Meat Platter

There's a good one called AAARGH My Anus Has Caught Fire and Fallen Off and Now All My Bowels Are Fucked and it Stings

madhair60

Just googled that and not only does it not exist, i'm now a sexual deviant. so thanks for that, friend.

Johnny Foreigner

- Pour any sauce into a saucepan.
- Turn on the hob.
- Wait.
- Verify whether the sauce is boiling.
- Hey presto! Hot sauce.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: madhair60 on November 22, 2021, 12:25:03 AMJust googled that and not only does it not exist, i'm now a sexual deviant. so thanks for that, friend.

Sorry it should be "... and Now My Bowels are All Fucked..." rather than "...and Now All My Bowels Are Fucked..."

Cold Meat Platter

It's made by the guy who played 'Sarge' in the 80s TV show Tour of Duty.

mothman

Yesterday we were looking at hot sauces in the supermarket, and I actually said out loud "I like sriracha, but sriracha doesn't like me" and so it transpires I'm now middle-aged.

Cold Meat Platter

Frank's Red Hot mixed with melted butter is the classic Buffalo style, I believe, about one-to-one I think.

Thursday

Think I'll be one of those guys that makes his own hot sauce recipes.

"What do you put in your hot sauce mate?"
"Chilli's!"
"What type of chilli's?"
"Hot ones!"

popcorn

I am of the feeling that most foods should be at least a bit spicy and I randomly buy hot sauces from time to time. This is a photo of the top shelf of my fridge door I.R.L.:

You might be able to spot in there one of the hot sauces made by Offspring singer Dexter Holland. It's fine but surprisingly mild. I thought Dexter would have had more fight in him.

Not pictured on account of being in the bin - the FRESH TENDRILS jalapeno and nettle sauce by Oriss and Son:

This is the only hot sauce I haven't liked. It's barely hot at all, it's slimy and gelatinous, it's very sweet and it tastes powerfully of mint sauce. I like mint sauce but I don't like snotty mint sauce masquerading as hot sauce. I've liked the other Oriss sauces I've tried though - they make a nice coffee one.

I've never tried any of those "omg say goodbye to ur anus" sauces. I'd happily give one a bash if it was supposed to taste of anything other than burning - I don't think they're all simply macho death wishes, right?

I made my own fermented hot sauce last Christmas and it was bollocks, tasted of spicy vegetable matter.

seepage

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on November 22, 2021, 12:02:12 AMAnd this one might just leave you pooing napalm. But it is good stuff.

Somebody got me a sort of selection box of this brand and the Scorpion one wasn't too bad. It's stupidly hot, but as long as you're sparing with it it can be quite tasty.
It was certainly nicer than the Ghost Pepper one, which despite being less Scovilles than the Scorpion, was pure fucking evil in a bottle. There wasn't even any taste to it, no fruitiness or anything, just hot.

I stopped buying the really hot sauces though because you can actually feel it as it works it's way through your digestive system. You even get a stingy dinkle as the capascin courses through the urethra.

The Mollusk

Quote from: popcorn on November 22, 2021, 01:40:45 AMYou might be able to spot in there one of the hot sauces made by Offspring singer Dexter Holland. It's fine but surprisingly mild. I thought Dexter would have had more fight in him.

The bloke's a fucking melt who makes music for wanks so not surprising in the slightest.

Jerzy Bondov

My friends got annoyed with me going on about wanting to get famous so I could go on Hot Ones with Sean Evans, so we got a load of hot sauces and I went to the butcher and got a massive bag of chicken wings. It was a fun thing to do with friends. We had 'Da Bomb' which wasn't technically the hottest but was by far the most horrible one. Just pain in a bottle.

The nicest one for me was Marie Sharp's Habanero something something. It's got carrot in it.

Glebe

I like me some buffalo wings with BBQ sauce. Messy but delish. Granted that's not a 'hot' sauce though. Carry on.

monkfromhavana

I am a wuss and just like Encona Hot Pepper Sauce and Tabasco. I like it hot enough to ensure a runny nose, but not that I'll have any significant rear-end trouble the following day.

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 22, 2021, 07:08:08 AMThe bloke's a fucking melt who makes music for wanks so not surprising in the slightest.

I love The Offspring but if it's any consolation I once visibly irritated Dexter Holland

Fr.Bigley

It's all the same shit. Just go with any  cheap bottle of hot hot sauce and enjoy the morning arse purge and subsequent savlon application (after wiping).

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: madhair60 on November 22, 2021, 12:25:03 AMJust googled that and not only does it not exist, i'm now a sexual deviant. so thanks for that, friend.

At last self realisation hits.

Didn't want to say, but now it's out, we have known this for some time.

pancreas

You must start with Franks, given a monter au buerre treatment. I.e., mix it with melted butter. You can diversify after that.

Dex Sawash

Frank's has too much celery salt. Texas Pete should be your primary mildish hot sauce.

Edit-Frank does do nicely for wings, just not as universal condiment.

Ferris

I have a load of them in the fridge because most (all?) food should be slightly spicy. Don't remember what any of them are though.

Alright cheers.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The spice must flow.

Sriracha is great. Apparently, it's really overexposed and "basic", but I couldn't care less about that sort of nonsense. It's just the right level of spicy, salty, sweet and garlic flavour to go with all sorts of food.

Quote from: popcorn on November 22, 2021, 01:40:45 AMI've never tried any of those "omg say goodbye to ur anus" sauces. I'd happily give one a bash if it was supposed to taste of anything other than burning - I don't think they're all simply macho death wishes, right?
They pretty much are. I have a high tolerance, but those ones are just unpleasant, all the way down. Avoid anything that's made with capsaicin extract, instead of the whole chilli.

I've always got a few on the go, with Encona and regular Tabasco being my go-to sauces when I want to add a little spice to everyday foods such as baked beans, grilled fish, etc.

I've only recently started using the Bull's-Eye one and it's pretty cheeky but with a good flavour too. I've found it really lifts already spicy dishes and is particularly great with a mixed bean chilli, adding a nice acidity to cut through the pasty texture of the beans.

Ferris

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 22, 2021, 02:06:40 PMThey pretty much are. I have a high tolerance, but those ones are just unpleasant, all the way down. Avoid anything that's made with capsaicin extract, instead of the whole chilli.

I had a 1million scoville one just to say I'd had it, but it was basically quite an unpleasant 25 minutes then quickly forgotten about.

...Just like [insert sex gag here]!!

flotemysost

Glaringly obvious missed franchise opportunity for Chuck Tingle here surely. I'd buy a bottle of Pounded In The Butt By My Own Desire To Prove How Macho I Am By Eating Some Really Hot Sauce hot sauce.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 22, 2021, 02:06:40 PMSriracha is great. Apparently, it's really overexposed and "basic", but I couldn't care less about that sort of nonsense. It's just the right level of spicy, salty, sweet and garlic flavour to go with all sorts of food.

Agreed. It's so versatile. Purists might well be repulsed, but I often do a quick stir fry using Sriracha, peanut butter and sesame oil as the sauce, the kick of the chili and the sugar of the peanut butter just marries really well. I like it as a standalone condiment as well, it's banging just with chips or on a cooked breakfast.

Do the different brands (rooster, goose etc.) actually taste different, or is it a marketing gimmick?

Brian Freeze

I had to look for Sriracha today to replenish our stock and nearly had to buy a Tabasco one for three quid but found an own brand one for a third of the price.

Will probably have to use twice as much but will still be in profit on the deal.

imitationleather

Chalk me up as another boring twat who always goes with Encona. I don't particularly want a hot sauce hotter than that level, to be honest.