Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Adele shuffles off

Started by shiftwork2, November 21, 2021, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

You can no longer shuffle an Adele album on the Spotify cos it'd ruin something, story's here but that's kind of it.

Anybody got any thoughts or opinions on shuffling?  If you don't, have you got any onions?

Fambo Number Mive

I would imagine most people who listen to an albumn on shuffle have already listened to it previously in the order the artist intended. I don't think there is anything wrong with shuffling.

From the article it seems they've only taken away some of the shuffle functionality.

JaDanketies

Some albums shouldn't be shuffled, but I would be surprised if Adele released one.

The Mollusk

What about if there's an album like "Naked Lunch" where the artist intended for it to be listened to in whatever order the listener saw fit?

SpiderChrist

The CD of Prince's Lovesexy was just one track when it was initially released, if I remember correctly.

Butchers Blind

I like a good shuffle, know what I mean 😉

I even listen to fingertips from start to finish, the way it wasn't intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkIpMAmsqs

phantom_power

Of all the artists likely to take you on a musical journey so you should listen to their album in order, I would say Adele was pretty low on the list

Johnny Foreigner

The only good shuffles happen on Wall Street.

The Mollusk

Quote from: SpiderChrist on November 21, 2021, 05:54:22 PMThe CD of Prince's Lovesexy was just one track when it was initially released, if I remember correctly.

Yeah my copy is exactly that.

Dr Rock

Quote from: SpiderChrist on November 21, 2021, 05:54:22 PMThe CD of Prince's Lovesexy was just one track when it was initially released, if I remember correctly.

I found it very annoying, I like my tracks in a shuffled delight.I still don't know an Adele songs.

Rev+

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on November 21, 2021, 07:03:43 PMI even listen to fingertips from start to finish, the way it wasn't intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkIpMAmsqs

Except for listeners in the UK, because there was some sort of mastering fuck-up with the CD and Fingertips was just one track.

It's just because Adele's next longplayer is a prog concept album.

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 21, 2021, 08:55:01 PMIt's just because Adele's next longplayer is a prog concept album.

Oh great now I can enjoy everything

Spiteface

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 21, 2021, 08:55:01 PMIt's just because Adele's next longplayer is a prog concept album.

"Go Easy On Me" parts I-IV: March of the Black Prince

The Mollusk

Just for the record I'd like to say I think Adele's music is pretty good and I think she (an an artist) gets an unfair amount of bashing here and elsewhere.

the science eel

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 21, 2021, 10:33:35 PMJust for the record I'd like to say I think Adele's music is pretty good and I think she (an an artist) gets an unfair amount of bashing here and elsewhere.

Not sure if you're taking the piss but I think what she does is pretty bold at times. A couple of things still have the power to stop you in your tracks.

Dr Rock

Recommend a couple of her best songs and I'll check them out. I'm not a hater.

DrGreggles

I know one of her songs and it's dull as fuck.

Captain Z

I like that one about trying to get over a break-up.

the science eel

'Fuck Off, Then' is her best. She doesn't so much sing it as sigh it

Goldentony

the music is stanking insane shite for bastards coming out of an arse in hell but she's the most popular artist in the world atm so it's fine, we can all have likes and dislikes as long as theres unity, we can disagree with unity

badaids

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 21, 2021, 11:01:51 PMRecommend a couple of her best songs and I'll check them out. I'm not a hater.

Cold Shoulder is good.

pigamus

Why did it take Adele moaning to get them to do this? Isn't it a pretty basic feature?

kalowski

Goldentony

Quote from: pigamus on November 22, 2021, 06:53:32 AMWhy did it take Adele moaning to get them to do this? Isn't it a pretty basic feature?

michael jackson sleeping in an oxygen chamber style wind up/publicity for the album

pigamus

So you weren't able to play albums in the correct order at all, is that right? Seems bizarre to me

The Mollusk

Quote from: the science eel on November 21, 2021, 10:43:04 PMNot sure if you're taking the piss but I think what she does is pretty bold at times. A couple of things still have the power to stop you in your tracks.

Nah I'm not taking the piss, her music isn't mind blowing by any stretch but a lot of neo-soul stuff leaves me totally cold whereas I find her music agreeable and even often enjoyable.

I've only ever heard her singles so I can't recommend any stuff that isn't already the top of a YouTube search so fill your boots.

Also as a personal anecdote that's more like a scene from a shite romcom than an actual real life event, a few years ago I was in a taxi on my way home from a devastating breakup where the other person told me (against my wishes) that they couldn't see a future for us any more, and "Someone Like You" came on the radio. It genuinely crushed me, I was sat there in floods of tears and I've never been able to hear it the same way since. It's mostly circumstantial I know but the song had its desired effect and shot straight to the core of me. I'm the most cynical person in the world so that sort of thing doesn't happen lightly. It's a good song.

Quote from: pigamus on November 22, 2021, 07:21:10 AMSo you weren't able to play albums in the correct order at all, is that right? Seems bizarre to me

On the mobile app on the free tier, no. You could on desktop, TV and iPad.

pigamus

Oh I see, an incentive to get you to pay. I'm very naive!