Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HOT SAUCE

Started by madhair60, November 21, 2021, 11:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Just finished the end of this very mild (but tasty) offering.

Googled it to see what else they have on the go, but it looks like the "rebel" part of the name refers to their (proud?) Confederate heritage so I'll have to find less problematic hot sauces in future. A shame.

FiremanJim

Mustard is superior to hot sauce and there are zero exceptions to this rule

mothman

Had some Colman's horseradish sauce this evening and was taken aback by quite how spicy it was. I realise this makes me a total lightweight in the presence of you million scoville-chugging demigods, but it's just meant to be fucking horse sauce, a nice alternative to mustard with roast beef, not a test of manliness.

popcorn

Quote from: mothman on November 23, 2021, 12:42:18 AMHad some Colman's horseradish sauce this evening and was taken aback by quite how spicy it was.

I'm sure horseradish source isn't half as hot as it used to be.

Rizla

I picked up a tiny jar of this from the indian shop - not as brutal as it looks, has a really nice savoury, deep heat to it. Adds a lot of flavour, not just oral pain. Good for levelling up the curry as needed.

Albert Soviets

Quote from: imitationleather on November 22, 2021, 11:34:23 PMChalk me up as another boring twat who always goes with Encona. I don't particularly want a hot sauce hotter than that level, to be honest.
pickapeppa hot sauce is about the same level of heat but a teeny bit thicker and less vinegary. It's not always that easy to find, though.

Albert Soviets

Quote from: flotemysost on November 22, 2021, 11:26:45 PMDo the different brands (rooster, goose etc.) actually taste different, or is it a marketing gimmick?

I think Suree extra hot sirracha is the nicest one I've tried but that's being really nit picky. I don't think there's that much difference.

abobo

flotemysost

Quote from: Albert Soviets on November 23, 2021, 05:44:49 PMI think Suree extra hot sirracha is the nicest one I've tried but that's being really nit picky. I don't think there's that much difference.

They're all Suree the day after a liberal helping of that one.

shoulders

Johnny Foreigner

seepage

Good to know the German for 'online blogs' is 'Online-Blogs'

madhair60

Quote from: non capisco on November 21, 2021, 11:58:30 PMYou can get Crystal Louisiana hot sauce in quite a lot of world food places now. Well, you can in the one in Penge. That's my go-to hot sauce at the moment because it reminds me of New Orleans, although I will inevitably go back to my beloved Encona scotch bonnet original at some point.

i bought some of this its nice

Mr Banlon

Viv's Pepper Jelly

Not a sauce as such, but the king of marmalades.

imitationleather

I just had some of that Texas Pete Hot Sauce delivered. Not tried it yet but if it's nasty I'm gonna be SOOOOOOOOOO MAD.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Nandos peri peri mayo is as hot sauce as I will go

Paul Calf

Quote from: non capisco on November 21, 2021, 11:58:30 PMYou can get Crystal Louisiana hot sauce in quite a lot of world food places now. Well, you can in the one in Penge. That's my go-to hot sauce at the moment because it reminds me of New Orleans, although I will inevitably go back to my beloved Encona scotch bonnet original at some point.

Came in here to recommend exactly this. I got a bottle of Crystal Louisiana as a birthday present a couple of years ago and it was fantastic.

imitationleather

Okay I've ordered some Crystal Louisiana too. If it's nasty I'm gonna be SOOOOOOOOOO MAD.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: imitationleather on November 24, 2021, 10:09:36 AMI just had some of that Texas Pete Hot Sauce delivered. Not tried it yet but if it's nasty I'm gonna be SOOOOOOOOOO MAD.

When the lady brings you a basket of husbpuppies with the litle tubs of buttter, make a little well in tbe butter and fill it with 'pete. Dunk your hushpuppies in there, chase it with sweettea, obvs

imitationleather

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 24, 2021, 11:52:22 AMWhen the lady brings you a basket of husbpuppies with the litle tubs of buttter, make a little well in tbe butter and fill it with 'pete. Dunk your hushpuppies in there, chase it with sweettea, obvs

Easy, Werner Herzog!

lebowskibukowski

Shots Fired Original Reaper sauce is an absolute beauty.Not the hottest but the taste is fantastic.

Dex Sawash

The threats of violence have caused me to rethink my position on Texas Pete being your best neutral flavo(u)red hot sauce. Could I be saying that because TP is the standard table condiment of my entire life and my tastes have  been shaped by that? Nah, I was correct as usual.

imitationleather

I've tried some now. Yeah it's nice stuff. The right heat level for me, Clive.

Probably going to feel like I seriously overpaid for it though as this bottle isn't going to last long.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: FiremanJim on November 23, 2021, 12:34:32 AMMustard is superior to hot sauce and there are zero exceptions to this rule
What about a chilli sauce that has mustard in it? It's blinking expensive, but Professor Phardtpounder's Colon Cleaner is very nice.

Also, it's an apples an oranges sort of comparison. The effect of chillies is very different to that of mustard. This distinction is lost on my friends and family, who often give me extremely strong mustard as a gift, thinking my high chilli tolerance means I'll enjoy feeling like I have a nosebleed.

Also also, you are wrong.

shoulders

Daddy up in heaven with 5 bottles of Encona and the angels, see you soon Dad mind the portions - not too big now! Got my Wings soon too see you really soon 🔜🙏🤞😇😭

El Unicornio, mang

I always get this selection pack. Put them on pretty much every savoury thing I eat.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I don't much care for Tabasco. It's relatively mild for spiciness, but feels way more harsh than it should do. I think it must be all the vinegar.

Fr.Bigley

Tabasco is only good for sprinkling on yer boiled eggs. It's a well mainstream chilli sos boss.

El Unicornio, mang

FINE, that means more Tabasco for me *storms off*