Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

crumpets

Started by madhair60, November 20, 2021, 10:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: pigamus on November 23, 2021, 07:22:52 AMOh I assumed this was just racism

Yes, I think travellerlets is the preferred term nowadays.

Mr Banlon

Cuellar

Just bought some crumpets thanks to this thread

pancreas

Are you going to eat them then? Or put them to some other use?

Norton Canes

I like to stuff a caper in each hole

Chollis

sometimes i'll call em "crumps" for short

shiftwork2

Crumpet threads always remind me of the aborted West End farce entitled Get Your Hands Off My Crumpet which was set in a crumpet factory.  It was mentioned with great enthusiasm by On The Buses's Bob Grant on the Wogan 'reunion' so is obviously a little tragic in hindsight.  The 70s phwooar use of crumpet was jaded even in 1990.

Anyway, get your hands off my bakery items.

I normally have two, both buttered, one with marmite, one with marmalade.

The Mollusk

Sorry but if you're not eating three in one sitting you are a pathetic worm

Cold Meat Platter

Hark at old Johnny Three-Crumpets.

Chollis

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 23, 2021, 06:16:48 PMSorry but if you're not eating three in one sitting you are a pathetic worm

agree. 2 just makes me hungrier than I was before

Cuellar

Quote from: pancreas on November 23, 2021, 02:53:42 PMAre you going to eat them then? Or put them to some other use?

Forgot to get butter for them so they've gone straight into the bin I'm afraid.

Fr.Bigley

English breakfast muffins are infinitely better than crumpets...slathered in cheddar and ham, grilled with splashed hendos relish.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Chollis on November 23, 2021, 06:41:29 PMagree. 2 just makes me hungrier than I was before

That's because you're eating holes. It's like taking two steps forward and three back. Eating three is getting the upper hand on your hunger. Basic science.

Cold Meat Platter

thenoise

Crumpets are not sufficiently hearty for breakfast. However they are excellent for elevenses or a mid afternoon snack, with a cup of tea.

Quote from: thenoise on November 24, 2021, 08:36:27 AMCrumpets are not sufficiently hearty for breakfast. However they are excellent for elevenses or a mid afternoon snack, with a cup of tea.

Exactly. If I do have them from breakfast, I'll have some fruit as well to bulk out the meal. Eating half a pack just to get through the morning is just silly.

The Mollusk

Eating half a pack just to feel something.

imitationleather

My dad was an angry crumpet eater.

mothman

Quote from: imitationleather on November 24, 2021, 12:39:52 PMMy dad was an angry crumpet eater.

"WAH-Burtons, WAH-Burtons..."

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 24, 2021, 12:26:48 PMEating half a pack just to feel something.

I feel something when I eat half a pack -- full up!! Ha ha!

Flatulent Fox

Yeah crumps are some good toasted fellows.
I like them double toasted and crunchy,but I saw an older boy microwave them once.But that was in the '80s when microwaving was taking the country by storm.
Problem is when you forget about an opened pack and rediscover them all mouldy somewhere.Then I throw them out to the birds to recycle except that they leave the packaging all over the place.

thenoise

boki

Are the Xmas tree shaped ones out yet?

shoulders

Finger crumpets never circular crumpets for Dad 'not signing up for that con' too late for Dad now tho, hope they got finger crumpets up in heaven for Dad to enjoy with the angels now he got his wings 😇😭🤞🙏