Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:22:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: retsuza on November 24, 2021, 10:45:14 AMI'm amazed Graham didn't do a journalism on the Rowling incident.
I was a little surprised too, but honestly, it's probably because she didn't name check him and Grahams had to put her name down on one of his 'lists'.  As crazy as that sounds, it could easily be true.  I do think he's got something cooking at the moment, maybe he's trying to figure out a way to get some coal into the 'Happy TERFday' hype train engine room.

QuoteIs he just lazy?
I dunno if it's laziness.  I reckon he is so Extremely Online now he has trouble communicating to others, unless it's via the medium of screenshots of Twitter messages.

Now here's a question:

Who is going to be the biggest loser on Christmas day?  Glinner?  Or me because I'm checking my phone every 10 minutes to see how desolate his life is?

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 24, 2021, 11:06:22 AMI'm struggling to understand how you can extrapolate hating women from this tweet.
Yeah usually when you do these out-of-context twitter pulls you do a bit of legwork in the preamble to make it absolutely clear what you are trying to pin on them.  Let me grab my Glinner Decoder Wheel(tm)

'Domestic Violence Survivors' is slang for JK Rowling, isn't it?  I seem to remember some parable from the Glinner Bible about she was in an abusive relationship.  'Fraudsters' to insinuate that any trans person isn't 'genuine'.  'Don't let them forget' builds this image in the mind of 'when this is all over', like this whole acceptance-of-others thing is just temporary and we'll all go back to being TERFs, like we were before.

He's presented the quote to make it seem like 'how awful this person is, not understanding what it's like to be a survivor of male violence and have people turn up outside your home'.  It's paper thin, but then pretty much all of the shite he comes out with is.

buttgammon

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 24, 2021, 11:06:22 AM

I'm struggling to understand how you can extrapolate hating women from this tweet.

The hatred of drag queens is bizarre and idiotic. The historical importance of drag queens to gay culture makes me think this is another example of 'them' only being okay provided they keep their sexuality within bounds that are acceptable to straight people. It's like those people who'll say "I do like that Alan Carr" but will get upset if there are two men kissing in EastEnders.

Panti is a national institution in Ireland, whereas Linehan is an exiled nobody.

Jumblegraws

What the absolute fuck?

Just spent the last five minutes trying to work out if this is an elaborate joke but no, seems like Rowling really did send roses to esteemed women-defender Marilyn Manson.

buttgammon

Remember, Queen Joanne's word is gospel, so if you don't like Marilyn Manson, you hate women.

jobotic

"Remember their names for when it's all over."

Why Graham? What are you going to do to them? You fucking psycho.

tomasrojo

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 24, 2021, 11:00:33 AMdont forget The Christmas Pig! How this supposed to become a beloved seasonal classic with an animated adaption when the author is blowing her top about queers hanging about in front of her front gates

I'd completely forgotten about that. There's really no way her management are happy with the last few days.

JamesTC

Quote from: jobotic on November 24, 2021, 11:24:08 AM"Remember their names for when it's all over."

Why Graham? What are you going to do to them? You fucking psycho.

Ban them from Twitter.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: buttgammon on November 24, 2021, 11:18:09 AMThe hatred of drag queens is bizarre and idiotic.
Ah yes, that was the other angle I missed, the whole 'woman face' thing.  One thing I have noticed is although they'll cry about 'being cancelled' and 'woke', they'll happily weaponise it for use in their direction.  'Blackface' becomes 'woman face', TERF is a slur (except when they use it themselves 241 times).  Using the negative connotations of the phrase 'conversion therapy' for their own ends and the absolute mindmelter that is 'being pro-trans == homophobia'.

QuoteIt's like those people who'll say "I do like that Alan Carr" but will get upset if there are two men kissing in EastEnders.
It's identical

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

JamesTC

Glinner's latest attempt to wring money from pensioners is with a Christmas album. Due for release in December!

His hit song You've Turned Off Replies has been remixed with a festive twist and is available to stream now!

I made this to post here on TERF Coming Out Day but since that is going to be a damp squib, I thought I'd post it now.

Gusty OWindflap

Quote from: JamesTC on November 24, 2021, 11:36:50 AMGlinner's latest attempt to wring money from pensioners is with a Christmas album. Due for release in December!

His hit song You've Turned Off Replies has been remixed with a festive twist and is available to stream now!

I made this to post here on TERF Coming Out Day but since that is going to be a damp squib, I thought I'd post it now.

'O Moley Night'

Fantastic stuff :D

buttgammon

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 24, 2021, 11:29:27 AMAh yes, that was the other angle I missed, the whole 'woman face' thing.  One thing I have noticed is although they'll cry about 'being cancelled' and 'woke', they'll happily weaponise it for use in their direction.  'Blackface' becomes 'woman face', TERF is a slur (except when they use it themselves 241 times).  Using the negative connotations of the phrase 'conversion therapy' for their own ends and the absolute mindmelter that is 'being pro-trans == homophobia'.

I've noticed a trend with bigoted and regressive ideologies recently where they appropriate terms in such a way that they rob people of the power to express their own conditions. The classic example is the derogatory use of the word 'woke', which must be harder for people of colour to use having become the new way of saying 'political correctness gone mad'. The same thing happens here. Whether intentionally or not, these nonsensical allegations of misogyny and homophobia make it harder for people to talk about the genuine and serious problems they face.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JamesTC on November 24, 2021, 11:36:50 AMGlinner's latest attempt to wring money from pensioners is with a Christmas album. Due for release in December!

I'm reading this at work and trying my hardest not to lose it.

"Silent Night (ft. Billy Bragg)

You fucking genius.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: buttgammon on November 24, 2021, 11:44:41 AMThe same thing happens here. Whether intentionally or not
Oh I'm pretty sure it's intentional.  Glinner has been getting into the alt-right like it's reruns of Seinfeld, picking out stuff for his own use.

Barry Admin

Quote from: sophie.pilbeam on November 24, 2021, 10:15:16 AMLatest Glinner's Twitter (free version) has him bigging up someone called Exulansic, who's going to be a guest on the next Mess. Links to her channel, which is hundreds of rambling vlogs about how she's going to reveal the truth about "The Church of Trans" by virtue of her having a BA in women's studies and thus understanding how everything works.

He also very unwisely links to her Twitter, which is SO FUCKING UNHINGED AND HATEFUL. I'm going to spoiler this because it's just the whole fucking package, ev-psych, ableism, "men rape because of genetics", "how dare you question my SCIENCE". It's like something from Lily Cade's manifesto.

(Snipped graphics)

This is who Graham has invited on his show. A year ago, he legitimately thought he had a shot at getting JK Rowling on. Now he's happily announcing he "has the pleasure" of this person joining them. There is no bottom to this hole; he will dig deeper until he's dead.

Exulansic is properly nasty indeed. I first saw her name in this mad post and looked her up, and found that she's celebrated for stalking teenagers round Tiktok and giving very blunt details about surgery options etc to try and scare them out of it.

She was also referenced a lot when Linehan was trying to find a better term than "Gender Critical" for his proposed day, hence all the "gender atheist" bollocks everyone came up with.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 24, 2021, 12:07:27 PMExulansic is properly nasty indeed. I first saw her name in this mad post and looked her up, and found that she's celebrated for stalking teenagers round Tiktok and giving very blunt details about surgery options etc to try and scare them out of it.

She was also referenced a lot when Linehan was trying to find a better term than "Gender Critical" for his proposed day, hence all the "gender atheist" bollocks everyone came up with.

Have you seen her instagram? It's frightning. (sorry, it's basically just her TikTok). It's the Flat Affect delivery that is creepy, she can't help it, but it's really "off". 

JaDanketies

Quote from: retsuza on November 24, 2021, 11:11:06 AMBananalogic states that if if you don't like somebody, they hate women.

Very similar bunch of people weaponised 'anti-semitism' to attack the left until people started rolling their eyes whenever they heard the term, are now trying to ensure 'misogyny' goes the same way.

Dayraven

QuoteJust spent the last five minutes trying to work out if this is an elaborate joke but no, seems like Rowling really did send roses to esteemed women-defender Marilyn Manson.
Looks like this was January 2020, before the explicit abuse allegations against him. Though it was after Evan Rachel Wood testified about an unnamed individual who was fairly likely from context to be Manson (as she later confirmed).

Barry Admin

Quote from: YouCantWriteTearsJimmy on November 24, 2021, 12:10:13 PMHave you seen her instagram? It's frightning. (sorry, it's basically just her TikTok). It's the Flat Affect delivery that is creepy, she can't help it, but it's really "off". 

Yeah she really gives me the ick. Has recently started selling transphobic merch, of course. Probably why Graham wants her on now, so he can promote his own grifting.

Sonny_Jim

If you stink of shit, one way to disguise the smell is to stand next to someone else who stinks of shit more.

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 24, 2021, 01:01:40 PMYeah she really gives me the ick. Has recently started selling transphobic merch, of course. Probably why Graham wants her on now, so he can promote his own grifting.

She's a mental health therapist ... uhm ... dear God. Also wrote for the Claremont Institute, US right-wing think tank, again one of those true lefties that are seriously left, but the left left them! She's a piece of work.

Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on November 24, 2021, 11:06:22 AM

I'm struggling to understand how you can extrapolate hating women from this tweet.

There's more of the millenarian "when this is all over".

It's not the blitz mate.

boki

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 24, 2021, 01:01:40 PMYeah she really gives me the ick. Has recently started selling transphobic merch, of course. Probably why Graham wants her on now, so he can promote his own grifting.
It is quite amusing how much better everyone in his gang is at monetising this bile than Grim'un, with his inflated Substack subs and his twelve Patreon apostles.

Jack Shaftoe

Dayraven

QuoteThat doesn't really work, does it?
I think the best way to deal with that is to take what hea wants to be called at face value, deadpan and repeatedly, until you make then stick of it.

JamesTC

Quote from: Gusty OWindflap on November 24, 2021, 11:39:28 AM'O Moley Night'

Fantastic stuff :D
Quote from: dead-ced-dead on November 24, 2021, 12:00:21 PMI'm reading this at work and trying my hardest not to lose it.

"Silent Night (ft. Billy Bragg)

You fucking genius.

Thanks. I'm sure I missed loads of obvious Christmas song Glinner puns. I considered Frosty the Cis Man but thought against it.

Chollis

in stitches here. superb

Mister Six

Quote from: Jumblegraws on November 23, 2021, 11:12:46 PMYes. I had never heard of that account but saw that tweet for what it was. The prerequisites for realising it was bait are 1) Being on Twitter too much and 2) Understanding that homophobia and transphobia are more alike than different. Ross satisfies the former but not the latter.

Sorry to keep flogging this horse, but Ross's reply is vague enough that it's entirely possible he saw through the charade, figured this person was a trans-ally (whether they are or whether they just like trolling major threads) and was objecting to that.