Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:18:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Tube all up on The YouTube

Started by TheMonk, November 23, 2021, 12:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMonk

These YouTube accounts never last but for now this person is putting up every episode of British early 80's music show The Tube.
https://youtu.be/xdSvze391TM

darby o chill

Aye, been watching these since he started a couple months back. Amazing. Wish he'd upload 'em to archive.org

studpuppet

My mate asked me what my favourite act was out of all the ones I could remember. His was The Smiths, while mine was Edward Barton...

TheMonk

Quote from: studpuppet on November 23, 2021, 09:06:01 PMMy mate asked me what my favourite act was out of all the ones I could remember. His was The Smiths, while mine was Edward Barton...

You don't get TV like this anymore. Nowadays Simon Cowell or some arse would be looking on disapprovingly.

the science eel

jobotic

Quote from: studpuppet on November 23, 2021, 09:06:01 PMMy mate asked me what my favourite act was out of all the ones I could remember. His was The Smiths, while mine was Edward Barton...

Yep, that's my enduring memory. That and them showing the video to The Very Things' The Bushes Scream While My Daddy Prunes.

Glebe

Must try and find that episode with the singing chins.

Art Bear

I have this. It's ace.

Pauline Walnuts

Ooh, look who's turned up for this episode! It's cookd!

Well, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but the thumbnail anyway.

the science eel

Great version of 'Never Stop' there.

the science eel

oh fuck - Cameo doing 'Single Life' too! what a treat!

pupshaw

Lovely bit here

https://youtu.be/DRcialuTmIU

Steve Marriott and Stanley Unwin looking back on Ogdens Nut Gone Flake. It's the first time they've met since,
althouth it's "only" 15 years later.

Lovely Lovely warm moment. Great Joy!

However, Steve looks well pissed off with the insinuation that he's spent the last decade scraping a very well scraped barrel.

the science eel

Daft questions tho'. 'were you disappointed that Humble Pie didn't sell?' She hadn't done her research.

pupshaw

Quote from: the science eel on December 03, 2021, 01:01:07 PMDaft questions tho'. 'were you disappointed that Humble Pie didn't sell?' She hadn't done her research.
I read the Marriott bio, and I can say given that most of the money Humble Pie made was stolen by the mob, he must be absolutely seething at that question, and he looks almost desolate but putting on the old cheeky cockney wit, knowing he can't ever tell the true story.