Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Die Hard a Christmas film?

Started by madhair60, November 24, 2021, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Feels like Die Hard 2 is more explicitly Christmas

Butchers Blind

"I saw that plot twist coming right from the start. Actually, if you think about it, it wasn't a twist at all"

Replies From View

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 24, 2021, 12:51:56 PM"You need to go to the theater to get the true experience." Like we're still watching films off VHS on 14" mono portables.

"It's 13" laptops now, granddad," I sneer at them.

Replies From View

I really love it when a movie only feels like a trailer for its sequels!!

Mister Six

Is Die Hard 3 a summer solstice film?

Replies From View

When you pay attention you realise that Kevin spacey was actually the one he was talking about the entire time.  See... there - he untwists his foot.

Mister Six

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 24, 2021, 04:44:34 PMFeels like Die Hard 2 is more explicitly Christmas

Well it's not gonna snow in California.

lipsink

If you don't find it funny then you ARE Nathan Barley.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 24, 2021, 12:51:56 PM"You need to go to the theater to get the true experience." Like we're still watching films off VHS on 14" mono portables.

Or you could employ a rabble of children to shout/throw popcorn/play tiktok on their phones while you watch it off VHS.

Replies From View

If you look really closely you see that Brad Pitt is actually the same one as him

Goldentony

close this fucking shit thread and everyone get an apprenticeship fucksake

Replies From View

My favourite Die Hard film is The Last Boyscout.

Captain Z

"The Matrix" was closer to the end of WW2 than it is to today.

While thinking up examples I did actually realise that "Apollo 13" was closer to the first moon landing than it is to today.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Chollis on November 24, 2021, 01:11:13 PMMost people don't realise but Robert Pattinson is actually a very good actor
That one only exists because so many people persist with the whole "Eurghh! The Twilight bloke?" thing.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 24, 2021, 06:26:55 PMThat one only exists because so many people persist with the whole "Eurghh! The Twilight bloke?" thing.

My mum still refuses to watch anything with Brad Pitt or Leonardo DiCaprio in it because she presumes it's going to be vacuous fodder made for teenage girls. She can't quite contemplate that they're both middle aged and haven't been cast as pretty boys for decades.

madhair60

Quote from: Goldentony on November 24, 2021, 05:29:36 PMclose this fucking shit thread and everyone get an apprenticeship fucksake

oh cheers cheers mate cheers for that

Goldentony

havent celebrated christmas in 14 years because of die hard, dont start with the big oooh raa raa

Solid Jim

The chest-burster scene in Alien was completely improvised by John Hurt. Nobody knew he was going to do it, but Ridley Scott was so impressed that they just ran with it, transforming what would have been a rather dry film about an uneventful mining trip into the cinematic classic we know and love.

lipsink

A guy I knew at University always made up shit. He told us once that the Strokes album was called 'Is This It?' because the producer was playing the album back to them and one of the members said "Is this it?"

There's a fucking song called 'Is This It' on the album.

Replies From View

Quote from: Captain Z on November 24, 2021, 06:23:18 PMWhile thinking up examples I did actually realise that "Apollo 13" was closer to the first moon landing than it is to today.

exactly!  only 2 more!!

Replies From View

Cuellar

My favourite christmas film is Wake in Fright

itsfredtitmus

it's such a christmas film though!

Cuellar

My favourite christmas film is my parents' sex tape where he does her up the chutney

Replies From View

my favourite christmas film is mom's priestly bystand VIII

Exposition

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Die Hard is obviously a Christmas film. That's why his wife is called Holly.

Replies From View

And it's why she was called Miss Alto before he married her

mothman

You lie! Her maiden name was Gennaro! Honestly, Replies, if you're going to be silly you can just wait outside.