Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson's CBI speech

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 22, 2021, 03:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: buttgammon on November 23, 2021, 10:05:07 AMEven the Downing Street sources are briefing against him now. I wonder what more lucrative gig he's got lined up?
anything? He could be making way more money than being Prime minister. He's got his fucking Shakespeare book to finish for a start

Glebe

jobotic

Going to be a bit disappointed if he doesn't stumble into Amess' coffin this morning, knocking it over so the man who has died comes spilling out.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Rizla on November 22, 2021, 10:00:06 PMLOL at this complete wankpuffin! Why don't you simply go, Mr Johnson?!

Yeah.

Bleak isn't it?

Sonny_Jim

I don't understand why people vote Tory.  I might be thick.

idunnosomename

TGATS ARE BROID
Quote from: jobotic on November 23, 2021, 11:28:05 AMGoing to be a bit disappointed if he doesn't stumble into Amess' coffin this morning, knocking it over so the man who has died comes spilling out.
S

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 23, 2021, 12:12:40 PMI don't understand why people vote Tory.  I might be thick.

I was called thick for not voting tory back in 2015, the next six hours watching the election coverage in near silence was great fun...

Captain Z

Give it Rishi till end of the season.

Quote from: jobotic on November 23, 2021, 11:28:05 AMGoing to be a bit disappointed if he doesn't stumble into Amess' coffin this morning, knocking it over so the man who has died comes spilling out.

'I didn't do fucking shit, I didn't rig shit'

fancywookiee

The No. 10 statement "Boris Johnson is not unwell and has not lost his grip" has a lot of people asking questions already answered by the No.10 statement...

Attila

Quote from: jobotic on November 23, 2021, 10:08:15 AMWhatever it is I hope involves drinking himself to death.

I hope he drinks it all cos sometimes the hemlock's on the bottom./

Butchers Blind

poodlefaker

He gave the same speech at three different events yesterday; he'd got the hang of it by the third time, apparently: https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1462928488718082051. Reminds me of Jeremy Vine's story: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-boris-johnson-story

Cold Meat Platter

danwho9

The irony of Tory supporters never ceasing to mock Diane Abbott for her numbers gaffe four years ago when they have this guy as their leader.                                                                                                 

Kankurette

Abbott has a drink on the train and people shit their pants. Johnson is clearly off his tits in public and he gets away with it.

Abbott wears mismatched shoes and people shit their pants. Johnson deliberately messes up his hair and can't dress properly and he gets away with it.

Abbott gets some figures wrong and people shit their pants. Johnson regularly talks nonsense and he gets away with it.

I could go on but I think you get the picture.

toetoe

Quote from: poodlefaker on November 23, 2021, 07:13:31 PMHe gave the same speech at three different events yesterday; he'd got the hang of it by the third time, apparently: https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1462928488718082051. Reminds me of Jeremy Vine's story: https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-boris-johnson-story

Johnson's been up before the 1922 Committee, usually a bad sign for a PM. It sounds like they haven't crossed the letter threshold for a no confidence vote so he won't be on his arse just yet. Still, beginning of the end?

Which other cunt replaces the cunt when he's finally gone?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-leadership-brady-1922-committee-b1964244.html

Paul Calf

Sunak. It's got to be Sunak. I don't think they're yet confident enough in their one-party state to let Grand Vizier Moff Gove into the to job and who the fuck else is there? Truss? Dorries? Sunal has the winning combination of oily smarm and vast wealth to mean he'll be sufficiently appealing against Cursed Armour and fully bought-in to the billionaire boys' club.

Fambo Number Mive

Even though Sunak will have exactly the same policies (and probably worse) than Johnson, I will be glad when Johnson goes, because the Tories will no longer have LOLBORIS man of the people look at his ruffled hair to use.

Although there is all this "Dishi Rishi" stuff and Spitting Image seem to treat him with even more kid gloves than Johnson.

Not getting my hopes up though - I'm sure Johnson will be in power for at least another year. I really hope he is not enjoying being Prime Minister.

Fambo Number Mive

Interesting intervention from Ken Clarke. Of course Boris' base hate him for being a Remainer anyway so it won't make much difference

QuoteThe UK is "dangerously close" to becoming an "elected dictatorship" under Boris Johnson, veteran Tory Ken Clarke has warned – as he branded the prime minister's handling of Brexit clashes "laughable".

The former cabinet heavyweight lashed out at Mr Johnson's disregard for "constitutional constraints", calling his party "more nationalist than at any time in my lifetime".

"He gets angry if the courts or parliament try to interfere. As the elected prime minister, he thinks he should not be impeded in these ways," Lord Clarke said.

"We are now getting dangerously close to the 'elected dictatorship' that Lord Hailsham, the former lord chancellor, warned us about half a century ago."...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/johnson-ken-clarke-elected-dictatorship-b1964326.html

Paul Calf

Oh, sure. It's noteworthy when Ken 'Was A Cunt To My Wife In A Bookshop In 1994' Clarke says it, but when Calfy said it four years ago? Nothing.

*Huff*

Jack Shaftoe

Sunak's personal ratings have dropped a lot lately, now he's not handing out free money, so that's quite satisfying.