Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:25:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Egg on toast

Started by Catalogue of ills, October 18, 2021, 09:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

There is something about cheese and egg that feels like it shouldn't work.  I think it is something about how chickens don't lactate and the all in one ex-utero survival package of the egg.

earl_sleek

Cheese omelette is mighty, fool.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: earl_sleek on October 20, 2021, 09:33:21 AM
Cheese omelette is mighty, fool.

Of course it is egg mole, I just saying that the mixing of two completely different ex utero means of sustenance for the offspring is a bit weird when you think about it.

Chollis

recently got one of them microwave egg-poachers for a couple quid, stick it in for 2 mins, perfect poached egg, nothing to clean up. u mad?

earl_sleek

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 20, 2021, 10:34:19 AM
Of course it is egg mole, I just saying that the mixing of two completely different ex utero means of sustenance for the offspring is a bit weird when you think about it.

Surely if anything it makes more sense to put them together, you sexy mother funker.

Johnny Foreigner

I sometimes put blue cheese in an omelette. Egg yolk being yellow, you would expect the result to be a green omelette, yet somehow, it never is.
There's definitely something the mainstream so-called scientists are keeping from us.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: earl_sleek on October 20, 2021, 11:40:56 AM
Surely if anything it makes more sense to put them together, you sexy mother funker.

Like rubbing eggs on your nipples do you?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on October 20, 2021, 11:53:33 AM
I sometimes put blue cheese in an omelette. Egg yolk being yellow, you would expect the result to be a green omelette, yet somehow, it never is.
There's definitely something the mainstream so-called scientists are keeping from us.

The yolks of eggs that have been preserved in ash, what the Chinese call thousand year eggs turn translucent greeny and bluey grey.

They eat this with congee (basically porridge) for breakfast

McDonald's where the first to mix cheese with egg as part of the McMuffin project during World War Two. 

earl_sleek

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on October 20, 2021, 12:17:52 PM
Like rubbing eggs on your nipples do you?

Are you saying you don't?

Buelligan

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on October 20, 2021, 11:53:33 AM

My lovely mum used to cook us green eggs (with radioactive food colouring) for breakfast sometimes.  They tasted great but she was a great cook.

olliebean

Quote from: earl_sleek on October 20, 2021, 08:58:50 AM
Nothing is "just as good in the microwave", ever.

Some things are better. CHANGE MY MIND.

Flatulent Fox

Quote from: Heid The Baw on October 18, 2021, 09:05:48 PM
Sounds fuckin lush. Can I have some now?
Not until you've emptied the bins.

mothman

Quote from: Brian Freeze on October 20, 2021, 09:10:06 AM
No-one else putting cheese in their scramblers? Mrs F swears by it.

I swear AT it.

Norton Canes

Smashed. Yeah I know it sounds a bit hipster twat but it's more than just breaking the yolks and less than a full-on scramble (I hate 'fluffy' eggs). Just smash them around a bit in sizzling butter over a medium heat for about a minute and a half, keep 'em soft, lovely. Looks a bit like seagull shit but tastes great.

Cloud

I had the marmite on toast with scrambled egg thing.  It was alright, but a bit intense - I think the combination of the heavy saltiness of the marmite with the filling nature of the egg just combines to be "a bit much".

Gurke and Hare

Can I get a ruling on egg and fish fingers? I'm thinking completely unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/ratemyplatenow/status/1463600136601362440

Dex Sawash

It isn't on the fish so I say maybe OK but should be watched to see they don't mix it up

Charles Lindberg Jr

General consensus on egg on pizza in the traditional 'Australian Style'? Pizza is basically Italian toast.

olliebean

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 25, 2021, 12:43:36 AMCan I get a ruling on egg and fish fingers? I'm thinking completely unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/ratemyplatenow/status/1463600136601362440

It's more the lack of chips that's bothering me. Egg and chips is fine, and if some of the egg happens to get on the fish fingers too, well, what are you gonna do?

shoulders

Daddy loved egg and bread, eggy bread he called it always brown, deffo brown bread now too up with the angels has his wings 🍞 😭 🥚😩🙏

Gurke and Hare

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Brian Freeze on October 20, 2021, 09:10:06 AMNo-one else putting cheese in their scramblers? Mrs F swears by it.

What sort of cheese? I wouldn't do it with cheddar but will shove on parmesan if I've got it.

Zetetic

Gruyère with spring onions works quite well.

The Crumb

Indian style spiced omelette with chili and diced tomato, bread slices dipped and cooked into it, folded into a sandwich. Beautiful egg and toast system, it's been in heavy lunch rotation lately.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: The Crumb on December 01, 2021, 04:51:24 PMIndian style spiced omelette with chili and diced tomato, bread slices dipped and cooked into it, folded into a sandwich. Beautiful egg and toast system, it's been in heavy lunch rotation lately.

Worked out recently that a cheese and bacon Spanish omelette is basically a quiche lorraine without the (fairly dry and rubbish imo) pastry.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: The Crumb on December 01, 2021, 04:51:24 PMIndian style spiced omelette with chili and diced tomato, bread slices dipped and cooked into it, folded into a sandwich. Beautiful egg and toast system, it's been in heavy lunch rotation lately.

This sounds great. I have just made myself familiar with the "system" and will do this in the near future.

Key

For me, the fluffier the eggs the better - I want them hovering above my toast. so half an egg cup of milk and whip loads of air into them.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 01, 2021, 04:28:23 PMWhat sort of cheese? I wouldn't do it with cheddar but will shove on parmesan if I've got it.

Grated cheddar into it once it starts cooking. I'm not too bothered about it but she loves it.

The Crumb

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on December 01, 2021, 04:57:08 PMThis sounds great. I have just made myself familiar with the "system" and will do this in the near future.

The YouTube classic that sparked my addiction