Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:08:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rittenhouse cleared of charges

Started by bgmnts, November 19, 2021, 06:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

Insulate Britain Range Rover Lady is the British Kyle Rittenhouse

Paul Calf

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 25, 2021, 07:13:11 AMI think the Proud Boys are not Corbyn's greatest fans

wut. i wasn't talking about the proud boys

The Ombudsman

For what it's worth, I watched the whole trial. I think it's all quite disgusting, but I'm applying developed first world ethics and morals to the issue.

I think we all agree he shouldn't have been there, parents, friends and everyone else there should have told him to fuck off home. He definitely shouldn't have had a gun and it's obvious he was giving it the big I am, grandstanding about, being a cunt.

That said, listening to the evidence, I too think I'd have found him not guilty of the charges brought against him. Passing a guilty verdict because he's generally reprehensible isn't the sort of justice anyone should want. Would I feel proud about finding him not guilty? No. Do I think the trial was overwhelming biased in favour of the defence? Yes. Is this whole thing fair? Absolutely not. So much needs to change. But given the instructions the jury received; I'd have come to the same conclusion.

To note, I'm not right-wing nor do I sympathise with right-wing ideology. It's abhorrent.

Paul Calf

^ Yeah, that's what I meant when I mentioned legalistic cockwash. There's no point disupting the verdict because it was delivered by people with far more knowledge of the circumstances anjd the legal nuancews than any of us have. But the system that encourages this sort of thing to happen, and that permits a verdict like this to be correctly delivered is obviously broken. It's a correct decision in an insane context.

Rittenhouse is not innocent, but he's not guilty of this charge.

Retinend

Well put, @The Ombudsman

I'm also watching the full court footage. I'm up to Grosskreutz's appearance on the stand on day 5. It's pretty fascinating all round, since not many cases have such clear video evidence attached that still allow reasonable people to disagree on what happened (paraphrasing Legal Eagle somewhat).

MojoJojo

I found this quite funny on an otherwise unpleasant topic - so Rittenhouse* fired Lin Wood, said this in an interview:
Quote"He added: "Just how he, like how he thinks he's God, and he just says all these weird things like: 'We're going to keep that boy in jail, because there's not going to be any... civil or criminal cases come the election,' which is just complete insanity."

Lin Wood's response
QuoteReacting to the interview on Telegram, Wood wrote: "I am sane and I am not God.

"I am reminded though that the same accusations were made over 2,000 years ago against Jesus Christ our LORD and Savior as grounds for crucifying Him when He died for our sins. His sacrifice was great, mine is small."

Source: https://www.newsweek.com/kyle-rittenhouse-fired-lin-wood-insane-qanon-god-1652805

*technically his mum, whatever

Bigfella

It's not all bad news.  The three redneck vigilantes in Georgia who chased and shot a black jogger were found guilty by a jury with eleven whites.  Maybe the Southern people are improving. 

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bigfella on November 25, 2021, 03:23:20 PMIt's not all bad news.  The three redneck vigilantes in Georgia who chased and shot a black jogger were found guilty by a jury with eleven whites.  Maybe the Southern people are improving. 

#Not all white people

Video Game Fan 2000

Ahmaud Arbery's father said "all lives matter" through tears after the trial.

FiremanJim

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 25, 2021, 01:32:03 PM^ Yeah, that's what I meant when I mentioned legalistic cockwash. There's no point disupting the verdict because it was delivered by people with far more knowledge of the circumstances anjd the legal nuancews than any of us have. But the system that encourages this sort of thing to happen, and that permits a verdict like this to be correctly delivered is obviously broken. It's a correct decision in an insane context.

Rittenhouse is not innocent, but he's not guilty of this charge.

This was almost exactly the point I was making with my posts in this thread, so why the fuck did you call me a Nazi for agreeing with you?

BlodwynPig

wooders1978

Calling people a nazi goes hand in hand with the thinning hair and phimosis around these parts - all part of the fun 

Elderly Sumo Prophecy