Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Theme

Started by H-O-W-L, November 18, 2021, 06:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does the pink make your eyes bleed?

AAAAARRRGGHH!
68 (42.8%)
No, it's lovely
46 (28.9%)
Meh
9 (5.7%)
An tSaoi
21 (13.2%)
pff.
3 (1.9%)
it will be better when we are all allowed to press our penises together onto it
10 (6.3%)
rail moat
0 (0%)
raoul moat
1 (0.6%)
Raul Panther III
0 (0%)
pisspot poo Pope
1 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 159

Barry Admin

Quote from: Paul Calf Jr. on November 25, 2021, 10:33:35 AM@Barry Admin Am I stuck with 'Paul Calf Jr.' now?

Nah, I can change it back if you want?

Pseudopath

Small, but annoying issue. If you quote somebody's post which includes a hyperlink, the board messes up the URL by adding http:// to the start and removing all the rest of the encoding.

For an example, see Mr Farenheit's recent post in the Guffaw thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?msg=4762111

MojoJojo

Minor irritation - the mouse over on the Members button seems to be a bit too aggressive, and it keeps on popping over the subforum breadcrumb trail in desktop mode.

Paul Calf

Barry Admin

Quote from: Pseudopath on November 25, 2021, 11:58:31 AMSmall, but annoying issue. If you quote somebody's post which includes a hyperlink, the board messes up the URL by adding http:// to the start and removing all the rest of the encoding.

For an example, see Mr Farenheit's recent post in the Guffaw thread: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?msg=4762111

Thanks. Damn it. No ideas at the minute.

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 25, 2021, 12:08:49 PMYes please :)

Done; If anyone else wants their display name changed back please let me know what it was originally and I'll sort it.

Paul Calf

Pseudopath

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 25, 2021, 12:16:49 PMThanks. Damn it. No ideas at the minute.

I suspect it's the same issue reported here. Looks like someone submitted a fix for SMF 2.1 RC3, so not sure why it's not working in RC4.

Ferris

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 25, 2021, 12:16:49 PMDone; If anyone else wants their display name changed back please let me know what it was originally and I'll sort it.

If mine could just go to "Ferris" I'd be very grateful. I've never liked my longer username which was a bad pun on a film I don't like that only made sense if you were looking at fairground equipment at the time.

shiftwork2

Barry can you leave it as NotFerris please, cheers.  Lad had his chance.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 25, 2021, 01:22:21 PMBarry can you leave it as NotFerris please, cheers.  Lad had his chance.

I'm trying to reclaim The Brand here mate. Can't leave it lying out there for any old interloper to get their mitts on.

The Mollusk

Couple of minor gripes browsing on mobile: The page number links aren't present at the top of threads with multiple pages, and similarly the directory path thing (Cook'd and Bomb'd > Forums > General Bullshit > madhair60 worst poster ever thread) has disappeared from the bottom of the page.

I also concur that Ferris should suffer.

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 25, 2021, 01:22:21 PMBarry can you leave it as NotFerris please, cheers.  Lad had his chance.

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 25, 2021, 03:31:05 PMI also concur that Ferris should suffer.

New name in the bag, bet you lads are raging haha

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ferris, more like Arris, right gang?

Ferris

Barry Admin

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 25, 2021, 03:31:05 PMCouple of minor gripes browsing on mobile: The page number links aren't present at the top of threads with multiple pages, and similarly the directory path thing (Cook'd and Bomb'd > Forums > General Bullshit > madhair60 worst poster ever thread) has disappeared from the bottom of the page.

Yes I'm working on stuff like this, but came down with something yesterday so spent all day sleeping. Just have to make do while I figure out all the changes and how to edit the new templates etc.

Landscape mode brings some of this stuff back currently. It's not ideal but I have to use it for some admin functions at the minute too.

shiftwork2

A disappointing afternoon enlivened only by laminating a 'wheelbueller' label from my Dymo which I now move down the screen.  PM me if you want one.  I printed several hundred.

mothman

I've had my username so long it I had the chance to change it I'd never be able to decide what.

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 25, 2021, 03:31:05 PM(Cook'd and Bomb'd > Forums > General Bullshit > madhair60 worst poster ever thread)

aw what

Blumf

Are we wedded to the thread listings have the thread starter and last reply's user avatars? I don't want to be that guy, but it's sucking resources, and looks a little too busy.

To end on a positive: Love the current banner.

Barry Admin

Yeah I think it looks great, sorry.

Glad you like the new banner by @QDRPHNC :-)

The Guppy

I wish the "New" badges were a bit bigger on mobile. They're what I want to tap almost 100% of the time, and the smallest target.

A lot of forums now take you to the first unread post by default. I prefer it that way, but it freaks users out at first.

shoulders

No please god no don't make them bigger. Personally I would prefer they were removed altogether. It's pretty obvious when a new/recent post will have happened.

The Guppy

I agree that they're ugly. I'd prefer they were gone, and the default was to go to the newest unread post. But I don't think I'm gonna get that.

Paul Calf

Quote from: shoulders on November 26, 2021, 06:30:50 AMNo please god no don't make them bigger. Personally I would prefer they were removed altogether. It's pretty obvious when a new/recent post will have happened.

Clicking on the button takes you to the latest post though, which is very useful.

niat

Quote from: MojoJojo on November 25, 2021, 12:05:48 PMMinor irritation - the mouse over on the Members button seems to be a bit too aggressive, and it keeps on popping over the subforum breadcrumb trail in desktop mode.

Yes, this has happened to me many, many times and I was going to raise it too.

Everything else is great!

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 26, 2021, 07:28:26 AMClicking on the button takes you to the latest post though, which is very useful.

I can't even imagine using the forum without them. The only alternatives I can think of are reading the full thread every time or going to the last page and browsing back until you reach a post you remember. Or just missing potentially huge amounts of replies.

Barry Admin

Quote from: The Guppy on November 26, 2021, 07:17:59 AMI agree that they're ugly. I'd prefer they were gone, and the default was to go to the newest unread post. But I don't think I'm gonna get that.

Nope, sorry. 

Can change the icon to a bigger and/or less ugly one though if someone wants to make one.

Uncle TechTip

A bit of padding around the New button might be enough. I just keep hitting the thread title and getting first post.

olliebean

Larger New buttons:

.new_posts {
  font-size: 15px !important;
  padding: 2px 4px !important;
}

Fiddle with font size and padding to taste. I just wanted them slightly bigger as the default size is a bit fiddly to click on. Not sure if Stylus or anything similar is available for phone browsers, but this works on the desktop.

(They're not icons btw, in this new theme they're text.)

Barry Admin

Quote from: olliebean on November 26, 2021, 02:54:18 PMLarger New buttons:

.new_posts {
  font-size: 15px !important;
  padding: 2px 4px !important;
}

Fiddle with font size and padding to taste.

(They're not icons btw, in this new theme they're text.)

Ohhh thanks! I thought they were still graphics. I'm feeling a bit better today so will get that changed in a bit, appreciate it!