Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

North Shropshire by-election on 16th December

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 25, 2021, 02:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Although it's not for a few weeks, I note that "Boris Been-Bunged, Rejoin EU" and Monaco yaught salesman Rusell Dean of the Party Party will be standing.

You can see the full list here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-59289032

There's a clear lean to the right among candidates.

I see the Labour candidate started his working life in a local hardware shop. Very Kier Starmer's Dad.

Fambo Number Mive

According to Russell Dean the Party Party will be "more centralist, calling for an end to racism and bigotry and stamping this out through education". So more serious and worthwhile than I first though.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/politics/2021/11/11/monaco-based-anti-sleaze-candidate-to-stand-in-north-shropshire-by-election/

holyzombiejesus

Could punch that face for a fortnight and still not get bored.

QuoteDuncan Kerr, Green Party

No shit.

buttgammon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 25, 2021, 02:05:43 PMAlthough it's not for a few weeks, I note that "Boris Been-Bunged, Rejoin EU" and Monaco yaught salesman Rusell Dean of the Party Party will be standing.

You can see the full list here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-59289032

There's a clear lean to the right among candidates.

I see the Labour candidate started his working life in a local hardware shop. Very Kier Starmer's Dad.

The Labour candidate from the last two elections was prohibited from standing because he was perceived as too pro-Corbyn.

It's literally one of the safest Conservative seats in the country so they never stood a chance, but still nasty shit from Labour.

Johnny Foreigner

The only acceptable candidate is Jane Churn, the ghost of Wem Town Hall.

jobotic

Quote from: buttgammon on November 25, 2021, 02:25:38 PMThe Labour candidate from the last two elections was prohibited from standing because he was perceived as too pro-Corbyn.

It's literally one of the safest Conservative seats in the country so they never stood a chance, but still nasty shit from Labour.

buttgammon

Quote from: jobotic on November 25, 2021, 03:43:57 PM

Oh for fuck's sake! Keith's habit of making a bad thing even worse than it seems strikes again.

jobotic

Apparently he once did constituency work experience for....Owen Paterson

buttgammon

Quote from: jobotic on November 25, 2021, 03:48:41 PMApparently he once did constituency work experience for....Owen Paterson

Just saw this and was literally just about to post it. Awful, awful, awful.

shoulders

thenoise

They asked him to smile and that's the best he could do.

He tried to think of something he liked, but then remembered that he hates everything.