Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:38:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster series 12

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, May 20, 2021, 01:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

It was in a movie (I want to say "Living In Oblivion", but I might be miles off) where the makeup person replies "what does it do? It shrinks tissue" when the person was wondering why they were having pile cream put on their face.

Ja'moke

The first task was rubbish but the sports one and upside down face one were pretty good, because they allowed the contestants to be creative. And the live task was great.

The best episode of an otherwise weak series.

olliebean

The sports one suffered from the fact that all sport is inherently as boring as fuck. And the upside down face one suffered from the stupid way they just pasted on stills of the upside down faces in the final videos.

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 12, 2021, 09:44:18 PMThe best episode of an otherwise weak series.

Nope. Possibly the worst.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 12, 2021, 09:44:18 PMThe first task was rubbish but the sports one and upside down face one were pretty good, because they allowed the contestants to be creative. And the live task was great.

The best episode of an otherwise weak series

Yeah, just caught up with it, thought it was pretty good. Greg's girly jump at the balloon pop was the highlight.

Ja'moke

MigraineBoy

beanheadmcginty

Why's everyone saying goosebumps like an American? They're goose pimples over here in Blighty. Only Desiree should have been allowed to say goosebumps.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on November 18, 2021, 11:48:55 PMWhy's everyone saying goosebumps like an American? They're goose pimples over here in Blighty. Only Desiree should have been allowed to say goosebumps.
Because if they'd said 'goose pimples' on the task, the lateral thinking they'd planned for (putting the Goosebumps books in the caravan) wouldn't have worked.

olliebean

I've honestly never heard of goose pimples.

That one was ostensibly unfair because some people just don't get goosebumps, but it was disappointing that none of them thought to have a look around for the books.

Also disappointed that Victoria Coren Mitchell hasn't changed the name of her twitter to "Old Goosebumps Arm," but in any case I thought she ought to have got the point just on the basis that the Taskmaster himself was insisting she be called that for the rest of the episode.

Utter Shit

Best episode in ages, certainly the best from this series. Guz is just a naturally funny man, isn't he.

gilbertharding

Also nice that Morgana, like Sally Phillips before her, is clearly playing to the fact that the Taskmaster is a horny man.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 19, 2021, 09:17:04 AMAlso nice that Morgana, like Sally Phillips before her, is clearly playing to the fact that the Taskmaster is a horny man.

He is, but quite coy about it. It's weirdly funny to see his usually outgoing, boisterous personality go all shy when the subject is broached.

Norton Canes

Still really hoping Morgana does an impersonation of Victoria.

greencalx

Yeah, that last one was a good one, so it seems they can still pull it out of the bag. I felt like Morgana was winning all the tasks, but someone Desiree won the episode. Morgana at least seems in with a chance of winning the series. Not that it matters, of course, but if they do do a champions special, I'd like to see Morgana again. And they need to find an excuse to bring Mike back, somehow...

holyzombiejesus

When do they announce the christmas special contestants? (I'm presuming that there will be one this year, or will there be the champions of champions instead?)

MigraineBoy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 25, 2021, 02:39:14 PMWhen do they announce the christmas special contestants? (I'm presuming that there will be one this year, or will there be the champions of champions instead?)

The Champion of Champions has definitely been recorded & you'd imagine that'll be the festive offering, otherwise if there is a special like last year's New Years Treat then they've done it without requesting an audience.

They've definitely recorded another New Year's Treat. The studio bits were filmed in front of an audience a couple of weeks ago.

The Roofdog

Anyone know what the series scores are going into tonight's final?

EDIT: I'm being a lazy fucker, an easy google, Morgana only 5 points clear https://taskmaster.tv/leaderboards

Bad Ambassador

Average points per episode:
Roisin Conaty          11.3
Katherine Parkinson    11.8
Victoria Coren Mitchell    12*
Charlotte Ritchie      12.5
David Baddiel          12.8
Paul Chowdhry          13.2
Phil Wang                  13.3
Nish Kumar          13.4
Paul Sinha          13.6
Jamali Maddix          13.7
Joe Wilkinson          13.8
Johnny Vegas          13.9
Sian Gibson          14.3
Sarah Pascoe        14.4
Tim Key            14.7
Joe Thomas          15
Lee Mack                  15.1
Mawaan Rizwan          15.1
Alice Levine          15.2
Mike Wozniak          15.4
Jo Brand              15.4
Frank Skinner          15.5
Romesh Ranganathan      15.5
Desiree Burch        15.56*
Doc Brown                  15.6
Iain Sterling          15.6
Lolly Adefope          15.63
Aisling Bea          15.75
Alan Davies        15.78*
Katy Wix            15.8
Daisy May Cooper      15.8
Sarah Kendall          15.8
Asim Chaudhry          15.9
Rose Matafeo          15.9
Al Murray                  16
Bob Mortimer          16
Hugh Dennis          16.1
Guz Khan        16.11*
Dave Gorman          16.2
Richard Herring          16.2
Mark Watson          16.3
Sally Phillips          16.3
Josh Widdecombe      16.38
Lou Sanders          16.4
James Acaster          16.5
Morgana Robinson    16.67*
Rhod Gilbert          16.7
Ed Gamble              16.7
Mel Giedroyc          16.8
Joe Lycett                16.9
Russell Howard          17
Richard Osman          17.2
Tim Vine                  17.5
Jessica Knappett      17.5
Rob Beckett          17.57
Noel Fielding          17.6
Kerry Godliman          17.6
Jon Richardson          18
Liza Tarbuck          18.1
Katherine Ryan          18.4

VCM has to get at least six points tonight to avoid being the (joint) worst contestant they've ever had.

Ja'moke

Confirmed line-up for the next series:
Spoiler alert
Ardal O'Hanlon, Bridget Christie, Chris Ramsey, Judi Love, Sophie Duker.
[close]

gilbertharding

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 25, 2021, 03:53:31 PMAverage points per episode:
Roisin Conaty          11.3
Katherine Parkinson    11.8
Victoria Coren Mitchell    12*
Charlotte Ritchie      12.5
David Baddiel          12.8
Paul Chowdhry          13.2
Phil Wang                  13.3
Nish Kumar          13.4
Paul Sinha          13.6
Jamali Maddix          13.7
Joe Wilkinson          13.8
Johnny Vegas          13.9
Sian Gibson          14.3
Sarah Pascoe        14.4
Tim Key            14.7
Joe Thomas          15
Lee Mack                  15.1
Mawaan Rizwan          15.1
Alice Levine          15.2
Mike Wozniak          15.4
Jo Brand              15.4
Frank Skinner          15.5
Romesh Ranganathan      15.5
Desiree Burch        15.56*
Doc Brown                  15.6
Iain Sterling          15.6
Lolly Adefope          15.63
Aisling Bea          15.75
Alan Davies        15.78*
Katy Wix            15.8
Daisy May Cooper      15.8
Sarah Kendall          15.8
Asim Chaudhry          15.9
Rose Matafeo          15.9
Al Murray                  16
Bob Mortimer          16
Hugh Dennis          16.1
Guz Khan        16.11*
Dave Gorman          16.2
Richard Herring          16.2
Mark Watson          16.3
Sally Phillips          16.3
Josh Widdecombe      16.38
Lou Sanders          16.4
James Acaster          16.5
Morgana Robinson    16.67*
Rhod Gilbert          16.7
Ed Gamble              16.7
Mel Giedroyc          16.8
Joe Lycett                16.9
Russell Howard          17
Richard Osman          17.2
Tim Vine                  17.5
Jessica Knappett      17.5
Rob Beckett          17.57
Noel Fielding          17.6
Kerry Godliman          17.6
Jon Richardson          18
Liza Tarbuck          18.1
Katherine Ryan          18.4

VCM has to get at least six points tonight to avoid being the (joint) worst contestant they've ever had.

Wow - look at how far down the ranks series champion Bob Mortimer is. Any other anomolies?

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on November 25, 2021, 03:10:18 PMThey've definitely recorded another New Year's Treat. The studio bits were filmed in front of an audience a couple of weeks ago.
Oh right. Must've missed the audience call-out for that one.

DrGreggles

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 25, 2021, 05:39:50 PMWow - look at how far down the ranks series champion Bob Mortimer is. Any other anomolies?

Might include Champ of Champs, where I think he came last.

greencalx

I think it does.

Had misunderstood from last week that Morgana was trailing by 5 points, rather than being in the lead by 5. Hopefully Davies will avoid a late surge and either Guz or Morgana clinches it. It would be nice if the most entertaining contestant could win it for a change!

DrGreggles

JamesTC

Loved that last task. One of the best studio tasks in a long time.

DrGreggles

Quote from: JamesTC on November 25, 2021, 10:03:30 PMLoved that last task. One of the best studio tasks in a long time.

Definitely.
Davies was hilariously dreadful at it.

olliebean

Possibly the best ever studio task, it had me in stitches.

bobloblaw

12 series, 12 white winners. Getting a bit embarrassing now and this was the first series to have two non-white contestants. (Something they're repeating for s13) I know it's luck of the draw but we were *this* close to a Guz win