Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Sonny_Jim

If you get a electric shock and don't die, it's not an electrocution, because:

Electric Execution

Might actually be more hatfucked than 020210us though.

Replies From View

Nah it's pretty obvious, you're alright

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on November 24, 2021, 10:25:54 AMIf you get a electric shock and don't die, it's not an electrocution, because:

Electric Execution

Might actually be more hatfucked than 020210us though.
Very weird phrasing on the Wikipedia page:
QuoteThe term "electrocution" was coined in 1889 in the US just before the first use of the electric chair and originally referred only to electrical execution and not to accidental or suicidal electrical deaths. However, since no English word was available for non-judicial deaths due to electric shock, the word "electrocution" eventually took over as a description of all circumstances of electrical death from the new commercial electricity.

touchingcloth

Matt Ford's voice is constantly at the same volume, pitch, and level of becunted excitement as David Brent's when he says

Replies From View

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 24, 2021, 12:43:39 PMVery weird phrasing on the Wikipedia page:

Still all death though.

One doesn't ride out of an electrocution on a surfboard shrieking "hooray tommy"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 21, 2021, 08:17:41 PMI noticed an electric car drive by all silent and that earlier, and started wondering how easy it is to know when to change gears. Turns out it's very easy, because they have automatic rather than manual gears.

More often than not they only have a single forward gear anyway.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 25, 2021, 08:00:14 PMMore often than not they only have a single forward gear anyway.

Isn't that the same thing?

Sonny_Jim

Electric motors have a wider torque range than combustion, so they only need one gear.  Or at least I think that's why they don't need multiple gears

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 25, 2021, 10:08:10 PMIsn't that the same thing?

Normal automatic cars still have several forward gears, it's just that they shift, er, automatically. Electric cars don't even need that.

phantom_power

Yeah you can feel an automatic petrol car change gears but in electric cars it is smooth. We have a hybrid and it switches between the electric motor and the engine all the time and you don't even notice, which is pretty impressive

Replies From View

Is there still an ability to turn a car off if it misfires, or is that it

touchingcloth

Your ears pop in a pressurised plane cabin because the pressure is set to a couple of thousand metres rather than sea level.

I have no realisation about why pilots tend to give altitudes in feet rather than metres, however.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 03, 2021, 06:01:00 PMWith eleven letters, SNICKERS is the longest single-syllable word in the English language.

"Snickers" is two syllables.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on November 30, 2021, 08:17:41 AM"Snickers" is two syllables.

You've been hanging out with Russians too much.

touchingcloth

There was a reading from Psalms 127 on the radio this morning:

QuoteLo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Surely this isn't whence the founders of Fruit of the Loom got the name?

FAKE EDIT: Wiki says that yes, it very much is. It's whence as fuck.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 29, 2021, 12:21:23 PMI have no realisation about why pilots tend to give altitudes in feet rather than metres, however.
Inertia, mostly.  Internally all the electronics will run in metric units (metres, m/s), but altitude is displayed in feet.  They do speed in knots as well.  There's been a few 'bad experiences' when pilots have had to mentally switch between imperial and metric, so they've just stuck with what everyone knows.

Norton Canes

O micron = small o
O mega = large O

Replies From View

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Replies From View on November 26, 2021, 10:30:35 AMIs there still an ability to turn a car off if it misfires, or is that it

For electric cars? There's nothing firing so no misfires.

Replies From View

Quote from: jamiefairlie on November 30, 2021, 07:59:20 PMFor electric cars? There's nothing firing so no misfires.

No just any car.  Can a car be turned off or must it be stored on its back with its wheels spinning until the next day

touchingcloth

If the car is a bus then it has to remain on its back for a week, a month, because it has more petrol.

kalowski

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 30, 2021, 04:00:05 PMO micron = small o
O mega = large O
It's a cool fact. I was bamboozled when I first read this but it's so obvious now when you think about the sounds of an "o"

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on November 30, 2021, 09:23:59 PMIt's a cool fact. I was bamboozled when I first read this but it's so obvious now when you think about the sounds of an "o"

Not everyone here has already had their allocated discussion with a ghost.

Paul Calf

♫ ♬ ♫♫♪ ♫ ♬

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 30, 2021, 04:00:05 PMO micron = small o
O mega = large O

...for you, I'll always have time...
♫♫♫ ♬ ♫ ♫ ♪

Paul Calf

'Bilingual' literally means 'two-tongued'.

Replies From View

Quote from: Paul Calf on December 01, 2021, 10:57:23 AM'Bilingual' literally means 'two-tongued'.

Fork-tongued.  Like a rabbit.

Icehaven

Google maps has a function where you can draw lines between multiple points and it tells you the distance. It's probably been there since 2005 and I found it yesterday.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: icehaven on December 01, 2021, 01:36:17 PMGoogle maps has a function where you can draw lines between multiple points and it tells you the distance. It's probably been there since 2005 and I found it yesterday.
Fuck me! Just googled this. Right-click on the map, and at the bottom of the menu is "measure distance". Then you can click successive points to form a path. My previous method was to use the find a route, drag it about, and add additional waypoints.