Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:11:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maria Bamford UK Tour 2022 (four dates)

Started by Timothy, November 24, 2021, 03:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Maria Bamford has announced her first UK  tour - but playing just four cities.

The stand-up – and star of her own Netflix series  Lady Dynamite – performs in Glasgow, Birmingham, Manchester and London in April next year.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2021/11/24/49695/maria_bamford_announces_uk_tour

Small Man Big Horse

Cheers for the heads up, I love Maria an enormous amount and her show in 2018 was one of the best I've ever seen. Can't afford it this close to Christmas, but hopefully there will be some tickets still available come 2021.

Purple Toupee

Thanks for this, very keen to get Glasgow tickets.

earl_sleek

Cheers for the heads up, I've nabbed a London ticket. Bamford's one of my favourite comedians (think I found about her from CaB) but I never thought I'd see her live so I'm well happy!

privatefriend

Anyone know when Glasgow tickets go on sale?

Friday morning.

privatefriend

Just a reminder that Glasgow/Birmingham tickets are on sale now.

Anyone been to Glee in Glasgow? Wary of a comedy club trying to be a restaurant.

WhoMe

Big big thanks for the heads up here, got two tickets for London. Great venue as well. Never thought there'd be an opportunity to see her live

Blinder Data

Thanks for the heads up, ticket bought for Glasgow.

Never been to Glee Club - it's basically Jongleurs, right? Odd venue for someone of her standing, though she was never going to sell out a big theatre...

mjwilson

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 29, 2021, 04:25:55 PMThanks for the heads up, ticket bought for Glasgow.

Never been to Glee Club - it's basically Jongleurs, right? Odd venue for someone of her standing, though she was never going to sell out a big theatre...

The Manchester venue isn't one of the standard comedy venues either, at least as far as I know, it's more commonly used for music gigs.

Purple Toupee

The Glasgow show tonight was superb, delighted I got the chance to see her. The Harvard story is something else.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Purple Toupee on April 25, 2022, 10:14:49 PMThe Glasgow show tonight was superb, delighted I got the chance to see her. The Harvard story is something else.

yep, it was brilliant. could've done with another hour tbh. as consistently funny a comedy show as I've seen.

early on when she described communion as "project runway to the halftime snack" I knew it was gonna be a good show

privatefriend

Thought the Glasgow show was brilliant, rare to feel in the presence of greatness like that. Glee not as annoying a venue as you might think.

Saw this in Manchester last night. Can only echo the praise above. At times was genuinely exhilarating. The story about her
Spoiler alert
cervix surgery
[close]
was jaw dropping. Went from gasps to hysteria in about 3 seconds.  Easily in the top 5 shows I've ever seen.

Ascent

Really enjoyed her interview on this cooking channel I like.
(Talking about suicide trigger warning)

mjwilson

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on April 29, 2022, 08:38:44 AMSaw this in Manchester last night. Can only echo the praise above. At times was genuinely exhilarating. The story about her
Spoiler alert
cervix surgery
[close]
was jaw dropping. Went from gasps to hysteria in about 3 seconds.  Easily in the top 5 shows I've ever seen.

Agreed, great stuff. Slightly dodgy timekeeping but it seemed like they had changed the intended start time since they sent the tickets out, so hard to be to bothered.

edwardfog

London show was transcendent, well worth waiting two years for. So glad I finally got to see her