Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

Blinder Data

Ralf Rangnick is a disappointingly sensible appointment by Man U. They might finally get their act together :(

phantom_power

He is a good appointment because after his 6 months as interim boss he can move upstairs and be director of football and give the club some vision

Nah, that is too sensible

chveik

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blinder Data on November 25, 2021, 04:25:42 PMRalf Rangnick is a disappointingly sensible appointment by Man U. They might finally get their act together :(

What's he ever won in Norway though?

JamesTC

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 25, 2021, 06:48:31 PMWhat's he ever won in Norway though?

He hasn't even aided a rapist to escape conviction (I assume).

Bobby Treetops

imitationleather

I hope a lot of Spurs players are getting clubbed to death tonight.

JamesTC

Mobius

Mura were only formed 9 years ago and are the lowest ranked team in the Europa Conference League and they've lost their last 4 games, and are mid-table in the Slovenian league.

shoulders

sevendaughters

teams like that shouldn't be allowed in, they do not understand the pressures Tottenham are under

BlodwynPig

At least Spurs aren't Armenia Women's team

19-0 defeat by Belgium women.

Kankurette

druss

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 25, 2021, 09:16:33 PMteams like that shouldn't be allowed in, they do not understand the pressures Tottenham are under
lol

phantom_power

Jamie O'Hara was funny on Sky, saying before the game that Spurs should stroll it and put 4 or 5 past the minnows and at the end screaming that half the team should be binned. He is definitely one of the shittest pundits

jobotic

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 25, 2021, 09:16:33 PMteams like that shouldn't be allowed in, they do not understand the pressures Tottenham are under

Excellent

SpiderChrist

Fucking hell

Proof, if proof be need be, that the football club I love has seemingly always been run by cunts.

Hat FM

Quote from: phantom_power on November 26, 2021, 10:20:10 AMJamie O'Hara was funny on Sky, saying before the game that Spurs should stroll it and put 4 or 5 past the minnows and at the end screaming that half the team should be binned. He is definitely one of the shittest pundits

it's sad that they keep morons like him on. presumably because he makes the press every so often with his barmy pro tottenham statements.

phantom_power

I find it funny when some sports website says "United urged to buy Kane" or something and when you click on the link they person doing the urging is some old player who no-one gives a shit about. Quite often that person is Jamie O'Hara

Hat FM

Quote from: phantom_power on November 26, 2021, 11:49:00 AMI find it funny when some sports website says "United urged to buy Kane" or something and when you click on the link they person doing the urging is some old player who no-one gives a shit about. Quite often that person is Jamie O'Hara

urgh yeah. 'arteta urged to sign wonderkid' - turns out that keown has off the cuff during commentary said that a young player might look good in the arsenal team. they know we always fall for those clickbait headlines.

Inspector Norse

Pretty sure Keown still reckons Masal Bugduv would be a good fit at Arsenal

DrGreggles

Thursday

Excellent News. The world cup playoff draw means that Italy and Portugal will face each other in their playoff final. (Assuming they both win their semi-final tie.) So one of them is definitely going out.

Same is also true of Wales and Scotland. Your mileage may vary on that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59435433

The Culture Bunker

Scotland and Wales will be fair to each other by getting beat before it comes to that.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Thursday on November 26, 2021, 05:03:09 PMExcellent News. The world cup playoff draw means that Italy and Portugal will face each other in their playoff final. (Assuming they both win their semi-final tie.) So one of them is definitely going out.

Not sure why that's excellent news.
Surely it'd be a better tournament with both in it.

DrGreggles

Thursday

Ronaldo not even getting to do another world cup is the funniest option. Italy failing to get there after winning the Euro would also be very funny.