Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Die Hard a Christmas film?

Started by madhair60, November 24, 2021, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Quote from: Goldentony on November 26, 2021, 04:59:31 PMthis but really

I do actually agree. And I also think Alien 3 is the best one.

Goldentony

never seen Alien 3, i'm not demented, but its definitely the best of the Alien films

Don't understand why they didn't make an Alien 2.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

In a addition to being a Christmas film, Die Hard is also the tightest script ever written.

Goldentony

Bruce Willis is famously a tightarse, wouldnt get the rounds in on set, christmas and everything, ridiculous

JamesTC

Quote from: Goldentony on November 26, 2021, 05:07:39 PMnever seen Alien 3, i'm not demented, but its definitely the best of the Alien films

Ripley teams up with a band of rapists to fight an alien.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 26, 2021, 05:17:53 PMDon't understand why they didn't make an Alien 2.

They did.

Oh, wow, I'll ask for it for my birthday!!!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

They should have called it AlienZ.

mothman

You know Bruce Willis is a ghost in all the Die Hard films.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: mothman on November 26, 2021, 06:16:46 PMYou know Bruce Willis is a ghost in all the Die Hard films.

Has he ever sucked off Dan Aykroyd?

mothman

Replies From View

There was actually a Blues Brothers 2000 and it did have a child in it

JamesTC

Die Hard 4 was rubbish because it went all unrealistic, driving a car into a helicopter.

Replies From View

The best Terminator film is actually Terminator Salvation because it has a computer generated Arnold inside

Uncle TechTip

The best Xmas movie and a note-perfect depiction of that "driving home for xmas" vibe has to be Trains, Planes and Automobiles.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 27, 2021, 09:58:50 AMThe best Xmas movie and a note-perfect depiction of that "driving home for xmas" vibe has to be Trains, Planes and Automobiles.

You do realise that it's a Thanksgiving film and not a Christmas one, right?

Dr Rock

Harrison Ford was just a humble carpenter until George Lucas spotted him and cast him as Han Solo.

Despite the fact that Ford was a working actor who had even been in one of Lucas' earlier films.

colacentral

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 26, 2021, 05:19:29 PMIn a addition to being a Christmas film, Die Hard is also the tightest script ever written.

My nomination for this thread would have been this comment but "Back to the Future."

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 27, 2021, 04:03:56 PMYou do realise that it's a Thanksgiving film and not a Christmas one, right?

For real? I even got the title wrong. Keep up

Blumf

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 27, 2021, 05:30:02 PMHarrison Ford was just a humble carpenter until George Lucas spotted him and cast him as Han Solo.

Despite the fact that Ford was a working actor who had even been in one of Lucas' earlier films.

Despite dying in 1957

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: JamesTC on November 27, 2021, 09:48:22 AMDie Hard 4 was rubbish because it went all unrealistic, driving a car into a helicopter.

For me they all felt like Die Hard films except the last one set in Russia which doesn't feel like a Die Hard film, there's just something off about it.

Replies From View

Die Hard films were originally called Due South

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 27, 2021, 04:03:56 PMYou do realise that it's a Thanksgiving film and not a Christmas one, right?

Yeah but we don't have Thanksgiving over here so it just converts to being a Christmas film for us, like sticking an adapter on a foreign plug or something. It's winter, there's snow, they're going home for the holidays: good enough.

Old Nehamkin

Having said that, this blu-ray cover which seems to imply that the film takes place at the North Pole is pretty absurd:

greenman

Honestly though beyond the setting I do think Diehard is significantly nicer than your typical actioner of the era. The story of the lead character isnt just that he kicks ass and kills the baddies, he starts out a surly macho egotist were you can believe his marriage is on the rocks and actually becomes nicer during the film to the degree you had believe his marriage will be fine by the end.

QDRPHNC

I heard they filmed the first third of Die Hard with Frank Sinatra in the lead, then had to film it all again when they recast the role with Bruce Willis. Like Stephen Dorff in Back to the Future.

Replies From View

Quote from: greenman on November 28, 2021, 11:21:19 AMHonestly though beyond the setting I do think Diehard is significantly nicer than your typical actioner of the era. The story of the lead character isnt just that he kicks ass and kills the baddies, he starts out a surly macho egotist were you can believe his marriage is on the rocks and actually becomes nicer during the film to the degree you had believe his marriage will be fine by the end.

Nobody ever notices that Home Alone was a complete rip off of Die Hard