Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: EOLAN on November 25, 2021, 02:16:03 PMTALKING SNOOKER PODCAST

Two part time snooker journalists with regular weekly podcasts. Reviewing latest tournaments, listeners questions and some interviews with players, referees and other fans/journalists.
Would recommend Alan McManus one from about a month ago if you enjoy his TV reviews.
Did an interview with Shaun Murphy shortly after World Championship where he unfortunately came across well, so interested if they would be willing to call him out.

SNOOKER SCENE PODCAST

Eurosport and ITV commentator David Hendon with a regular podcast. Similar to above. Sometimes goes solo, sometimes has a co-host or guest. Use to have Michael McMullen cohosting. They has good rapport and went on many nostalgia discussions.
McMullen has gone to World Snooker Tour (WST) podcast eith interviews with leading players. More formal and haven't listened to much.
Was a great episode after McMullen with Hendon getting super angry at WST for taking McMullen away without any notice to him.

Of course was delighted to have Snooker Potcast turn up once again a couple of weeks ago. Was a great bit on Peter Ebdon they did.

Cheers EOLAN!

Was just listening to the new Snooker Potcast now and Peter Ebdon's
Spoiler alert
Covid-positive papaya
[close]
was indeed a highlight, and the bit about
Spoiler alert
John Higgins in his driverless car, stealin' wives and eatin' crisps
[close]
made me glad I was working alone, was laughing so much I had to down tools for a bit

Morrison Lard

Neil Robertson currently 5-2 down against ANOTHER PESKY AMATEUR!

Robbo's kids going hungry this christmas.

Unacceptable.

Blue Jam

Robbo's Warhammer army is probably worth more than most amateurs earn in a year.

I like Robbo but this is sweeeeet

Blue Jam

Quote from: druss on November 24, 2021, 11:26:30 PMI wonder what Ronnie will say? He probably agrees with Shaun but don't think he will bring himself to say so publicly so he might just end up trolling AIDS, which could be fun.

After his defeat by Cahill at the Crucible he claimed he had flu, then later food poisoning, and he also said something about how K-hole was just "this kid having the time of his life", but he still gave him credit for a good performance and accepted defeat much more graciously than Atom Face.

To be fair he actually did look very ill during those two days at the Crucible, and he absolutely DESTROYED K-hole the next time they met.

Is he on pundit duty on Eurosport yet? Probably behaving himself and being diplomatic mind.

Blue Jam

ROBBO MAAAATE YOU GOTTA WORK FOR THOSE RANKIN' POINTS MAAAATE

druss

Oooo I don't have Eurosport and I'm off out in a second, usually like Robbo but it would be karma for him to lose this after showing his support to the AIDS virus.

Blue Jam

Robbo getting Rickrolled by Astley here

druss

What's the score in the current frame?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: druss on November 25, 2021, 05:50:16 PMWhat's the score in the current frame?
53-30 to Astley, with brown, blue, pink and black left on.

EOLAN

Rick I mean John Astley trounces Robertson 6-2.

The Culture Bunker

I did actually give a laughing "fuck off!" when that brown went in off two cushions. It looked like his nerve had shot a few times in that frame, so maybe that was the wee bit of luck needed to see the match out. Good stuff - though I suppose we'll now have even more whining about amateurs in the tournament.

Cuellar

Blue Jam

Audacious shot from Lilley against Strategies.

Hope this is an entire tournament of giant killings now.

Famous Mortimer

Hahahahaha fuck Shaun Murphy, for real

sevendaughters

love that Ronnie said the opposite of Murphy just to piss him off

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 25, 2021, 09:17:29 PMlove that Ronnie said the opposite of Murphy just to piss him off

Source:

https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/uk-championship/2021-2022/uk-championships-2021-i-don-t-care-ronnie-o-sullivan-tells-beaten-shaun-murphy-to-get-another-job_sto8641187/story.shtml

Quote"I hope it gets worse, honestly. I hope it gets worse for them," said O'Sullivan. "They better start looking for a job if they don't like it"

"I drew a line under it a long time ago. I can change what I do, that's what I'm saying to Murphy, go and get a job, do something else, play snooker for fun because you're going to have loads more of that.

"Get your head around it, you've got choices to make. Five or six years ago I made a real conscious effort to play for fun and just enjoy it. I went and got a job and played this for a hobby.

IT'S ALRIGHT PLAYING IT AS A HOBBY, IF I HAD TO PLAY IT AS ME LIVING, I'D BE LIKE SHAUN MURPHY. IN BITS.

"You'll never hear me talk like that because it's a hobby, but when it means something to you then it can hurt.

"I don't care. I'll play amateurs, women, referees, anyone, I don't care," he continued. "I feel like the amateur playing now, you have to get in that mindset because it's better that way.

"I remember being an amateur playing a pro, Willie Thorne playing a 14-year-old me, it was embarrassing for him to lose to me, so I know what it feels like to be a favourite and to lose but that's just how it is.

"Just got to get on with it, enjoy it, keep smiling, it's all good"

Aye, with you there Ronjo.

shoulders

In bits

Hahaha hahahaha

Yes

Yes!!!

buttgammon

Hahaha! Nice one Ronnie! As I said earlier in the thread, he lost to an amateur in the World Championship before and Murphy was as silent as a tree falling with no one in earshot, or Billy Bragg. It was an exciting and memorable sporting moment and nobody involved was impeded from putting food on the table.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 24, 2021, 06:39:28 PMRobertson has backed him.

Akin to big football and rugby clubs calling for and end to relegation

Destiny/Density

druss

Trump being pretty sensible about amateurgate, glad that the two biggest names are giving it to AIDS.

Blue Jam

£5 tickets now available in the Black Friday deal if anyone's interested

jobotic

Are there Shaun Murphy fans? Do pissed up blokes ever shout GWONSHAWN?

druss

Quote from: jobotic on November 26, 2021, 10:29:12 AMAre there Shaun Murphy fans? Do pissed up blokes ever shout GWONSHAWN?
Yes, unfortunately.

dr beat

Its not as if Murphy will be out of pocket, he'll get a BBC commentary gig when they bother to start their coverage.  So sadly for us he will get the last laugh, needless to say. 

buttgammon

He looks like one of those balloons that they have in American used car lots has been overinflated to bursting point. Putting him in a confined space like the BBC commentary box would be a recipe for disaster (and possibly rubber burns).

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Neil RobertsonI totally get where Shaun's coming from, When you're playing one of the Chinese boys, some of them are amateurs, but some are as good as anybody in the top 50 in the world.

Well, shouldn't they be playing in the tournaments then?

sevendaughters

went for my first couple of frames in 7 years today. like a baby goat learning to ice skate. top break of 7 (red/blue/red). how is anyone good at this?

shoulders

Quote from: dr beat on November 26, 2021, 03:35:18 PMIts not as if Murphy will be out of pocket, he'll get a BBC commentary gig when they bother to start their coverage.  So sadly for us he will get the last laugh, needless to say. 

If you pump a pig full of glory it will burst in the end.

Blue Jam

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 26, 2021, 06:32:16 PMwent for my first couple of frames in 7 years today. like a baby goat learning to ice skate. top break of 7 (red/blue/red).

You'll be beating Shaun Murphy next.