Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:56:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

5A 5A 5APE?

Started by falafel, November 29, 2020, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's our theme (only vote if you're participating, check thread for details)?

Soundtrack a feature-length film (each participant gets a segment)
1 (4.3%)
Soundtrack a series / set of short films or cartoons (one per participant)
0 (0%)
Radio times listings
7 (30.4%)
Voynich Manuscript
1 (4.3%)
Garden of Earthly Delights
9 (39.1%)
COVID HAUNTOLOGY
5 (21.7%)
Derke: Music Inspired by TV's 'Derek'
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Rich Uncle Skeleton

A new page,  a new rich uncle skeleton.

Beagle 2

Evening pop pickers, my song is done now pending any last tweaks once I've slept on it. Should be over to you by the end of tomorrow, NoSleep.

NoSleep

Quote from: NoSleep on June 28, 2021, 10:36:43 AM
Update:

1. Viero_Berlotti (5:28)

2. greencalx (3.01)

3. RenegadeScrew (4.03)

4. QtheRaider (4.25)

5. Ray Travez (5.05)

6. gabrielconroy (4.16)

7. purlieu (5.58)

Also:

viii PlanktonSideburns (6.17) but still waiting for finalised version.

ix Mine's nearing completion, too (5.20)

(that's 43m48s so far)

Add Beagle2 and Phil A to the list.

Not counting my own track, which is still a work in progress, we have 10 tracks totalling 46m 30s.
I'm not quite sure how many we're left waiting for or if anyone else is going to join in (that's still possible); that's probably around half of us finished. Anybody near to finishing their track? I can wait for a little longer before I draw the line on "volume 1". Anyone up for doing the artwork? I would have asked HCLW/Ziggy Starbucks (he worked on most of the earlier albums, apart from the last album, which done by the) if he was still on the forum but he appears to be MIA. Maybe the will step up again, as the artwork for the last album was great (as was the job he did on redecorating our bandcamp page).

Beagle 2

NoSleep

Damn, I've been so otherwise busy that I haven't looked at this for a while. Will get back to you.

NoSleep

Just reviewed the situation and no change from my last update in August. Nice to know we're our usual consistent slow.

Petey Pate

I... er... um... no comment...

NoSleep

Still no progress on this (I'm still very busy, and no further completed tracks have been sent).

I've been contacted via pm about the album by somebody else who wants to join in, but I'll let them introduce themselves.

falafel

Delighted to say I've finally finished my

post about not having finished my track

Hi everyone

I'd like to submit my song as an intro if the tracklist permits. Its nearly there, instrumental is finished , just waiting for a response from a singer.

NoSleep

Come on; don't be shy. EDIT: Ah, you've added words to your post now.

NoSleep

Quote from: Expensive Meat on February 04, 2022, 01:29:13 PMHi everyone

I'd like to submit my song as an intro if the tracklist permits. Its nearly there, instrumental is finished , just waiting for a response from a singer.

There's been no assessment of track order as yet, so whether your track is used as an intro will depend on whether it will work as an opener.

As this is your first post ever on a comedy forum, in its music subforum, it would be interesting to know what brought you here?

Quote from: NoSleep on February 04, 2022, 02:30:04 PMThere's been no assessment of track order as yet, so whether your track is used as an intro will depend on whether it will work as an opener.

That's what I meant.

falafel

Welcome to CaB, I guess you've been lurking for a while if you've already got a track nearly wrapped up? I think the rule of thumb is the more the merrier.

NoSleep

Blimey, this has been a long long wait. It has been busy for me this end but still no excuse for it taking this long. In between working and waiting to see if anymore tracks would filter their way to me (none in all this time) my own track on the album has been waiting for me to edit it (all recorded, etc) and then mix, with me barely giving it any attention.

NoSleep

I'll take stock of what I have (as well as complete my own track) and report where we are. I think we can safely draw a line and say the album contributions received so far are the final version of the album. It was originally planned as a "double album" (whatever that means in the world of streaming) that was planned to come out in two volumes, dependent on whose tracks came in first. As it is there's one album's worth of material and not a whisper from the "volume two" latecomers.

Petey Pate

Look forward to hearing my finished track and thinking 'I wouldn't do it like that now'.

NoSleep

I have tracks from:

Beagle 2
gabriel conroy
greencalx
Petey Pate
Phil A
Plankton Sideburns
purlieu
QtheRaider
ray travez
Renegade Screw
Viero Berlotti
No Sleep

12 in all; around 48 minutes long.

Quote from: Petey Pate on April 24, 2023, 12:24:06 PMLook forward to hearing my finished track and thinking 'I wouldn't do it like that now'.

Oh yeah, you sent me stems for that (as a couple of others have, too) so you've yet to hear the final version.  Once I've finalised my own contribution (why is it so hard for me to mix my own music; given it's my day job to mix other people's tunes?) it should all come together quickly.

falafel

I am on it. Submission by the end of next Friday (the 5th), if you can tolerate the additional wait. If not I can be a bonus track for the album of the year remastered special edition that comes out in 2027.

gabrielconroy

I actually have another one I did ages ago, before I went travelling for six months, that's basically just strings.

I'm in Krakow at the moment for a couple of weeks, but if this is still going when I get back I could also send that over. If you want me to, that is.

To be honest I'd completely forgotten about this.

NoSleep

gabrielconroy: By all means send it over. I think Purlieu also offered a 2nd helping earlier in the thread.
falafel: It wouldn't be complete without a falafel track. Waiting.

purlieu

I'd love to but long Covid means spending more than half an hour doing anything with my body results in several days of fatigue, so my music making days are (temporarily, I hope) over.

NoSleep

Sorry to hear that, purlieu. I have probably forgotten that you told me this earlier, as I do. In anticipation of your full recovery.

spaghetamine

I'll be honest I had completely forgotten about this. I will get to finishing my tune when I have a spare evening in the next couple of weeks, do you need the finished track as stems?

NoSleep

Quote from: spaghetamine on April 25, 2023, 11:28:14 AMI'll be honest I had completely forgotten about this. I will get to finishing my tune when I have a spare evening in the next couple of weeks, do you need the finished track as stems?

Not necessarily. You could send a finished mix and I will tell you if I think stems are necessary and instruct you on what to send me.

falafel

Oh look it's Monday the 8th and I still have nothing submitted. Not forgotten though. Just working on my time machine.

gabrielconroy

I'm still in Krakow and won't be back until the weekend, so I also won't be sending anything more over until next week, realistically.

greencalx

I have no idea what my track was about now, so I hope no-one tries to make me explain.

NoSleep

It's about 3 minutes long.

NoSleep

Three weeks and counting. I haven't touched my own track in that time, but the good news is that I've got a major work project completed, so my schedule is clearing.