Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 13, 2021, 01:19:51 PM
This is no time for sentimentality. This is time for Golden Wonder to fight back

Only golden wonder were able to deliver the goods (not literally - I went to a shop) re. cheese and onion in my parish today.
A crisp drought could be the one thing that might bring down this shower of bastards in government.

amateur

Decided not to eat any crisps until Christmas Eve in a bid to improve my fitness, going well so far ten days in.

Going to eat a lot of crisps on Crispmas Eve.

Blumf

By Christmas Eve, there will be no crisps left in the country!!

Glebe

What about Tudor Crips? For Tudor, I'd climb a mountain!

Replies From View

Funny you should say that - I've just read that all the people who managed to reach the peak of Mount Everest did so during Tudor Times

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on November 23, 2021, 12:09:27 PMFunny you should say that - I've just read that all the people who managed to reach the peak of Mount Everest did so during Tudor Times

There you go then!

Cuntbeaks

Just tried the meta "Roast Potato" flavoured crisps from the Co-op.

Decent enough crisp, but i wouldn't say they tasted like roast spuds. 2 packs for £2 though, so also indulged in the Pigs in Blankets, which weren't as nice.

Also snagged a pack of Mackies "Boxing Day Curry" flavour. Nice clean crisp, as usual from Mackies, but far too polite. Not bland, just dull.

Seen they've got the new design Pringles in at Sainsbury's and, yes, they've used this as an excuse to reduce the size of the pipe from 200g to 165g.

monkfromhavana

I don't think that there has ever been a single "special edition" crisp that has been any good. Don't buy them. They're not going to recalibrate all the crisp machines to an entire new flavour, they're just going to take an existing flavour and add one of the others to it. It's a con.

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 23, 2021, 03:20:44 PMSeen they've got the new design Pringles in at Sainsbury's and, yes, they've used this as an excuse to reduce the size of the pipe from 200g to 165g.

Brexit-related price-hikes, eh? Luckily for the British, your take-charge Tory government will no doubt send in the cavalry to fill the nation's snack-hole.

shoulders

Mackies Pickled Onion back on the shelves in Home Bargains

Just dropping by to say YURRRSSSSS!!!! YUUUURRRRRSSSS!!!

madhair60

Aldi Snackrite Turkey + Stuffing BALLS. Shockingly good

shoulders

You should ask them to stop, folk might get hurt the way they are carrying on

Malcy

Had a bag of these last night. Really nice.

shoulders

Daddy favourite was Branognans old man crisps always remember the smell hope ham and pickle is up in heaven for u Daddy up there at peace with the angels 🥒🤞💔😩🙏

buttgammon

Quote from: shoulders on November 29, 2021, 01:41:55 PMDaddy favourite was Branognans old man crisps always remember the smell hope ham and pickle is up in heaven for u Daddy up there at peace with the angels 🥒🤞💔😩🙏

My unborn children are posting from the future (I hoped they'd be more literate than this).

Video Game Fan 2000

I remember when the Branognans blasted Captain Kirk's tits off.

Blumf

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 29, 2021, 03:12:28 PMI remember when the Branognans blasted Captain Kirk's tits off.

You never see crisps (or 'chips' as our US cousins insist on being wrong about) being eaten on Star Trek. Yet people insist on saying it's a utopian future.

Kirk would have whatever limited edition flavour was on offer.
McCoy would have Salt & Vinegar (and he doesn't care for McCoy's, finds them a bit too greasy)
Spock would have the ones where the salt is in a little blue bag, and he wouldn't use it.

Sebastian Cobb

been getting into making my own popcorn of late. easiest to do it in a pan even though it can be done in a microwave in a pyrex bowl it takes longer and is less consistent.

Video Game Fan 2000

Without capitalism and vibrant free market competition humanity simply lost the knowledge to make crisps in flavours other than potato. These were around for the first few decades of the Federation but with only Spock and his dad eating them what was the point. Packets were bad too, they just said Crisps with no illustration.

monkfromhavana

I'm bored as fuck with crisps at the moment. I have a Tesco and 2 little shops by me, but all they sell is the normal stuff. Bobby's Snacks appear to be the main non-big brand brand, but they're meh.

I want some crisps that will either blow my head off with heat, numb my mouth and gums like anaesthetic, or give me meat sweats. None do this.

TrenterPercenter

What's the feeling about putting some things in here that you can dip said crisps into?

currently munching on some bog standard Saino's tortillas and dipping them into this stuff....

very good would recommend

imitationleather

Dips get in the way of me crisps.

Fr.Bigley

90s recipe salt and vinegar Discos. Dipped in the sauce you'd get for prawn crackers. Like seafood sauce but more tang.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 29, 2021, 06:56:36 PMbeen getting into making my own popcorn of late. easiest to do it in a pan even though it can be done in a microwave in a pyrex bowl it takes longer and is less consistent.

Reported.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 29, 2021, 07:40:51 PMWhat's the feeling about putting some things in here that you can dip said crisps into?

currently munching on some bog standard Saino's tortillas and dipping them into this stuff....

very good would recommend

Reported.

mjwilson

I thought I saw mince pie flavour crisps in the shop earlier but as I've come to type it out... that can't really be true can it?

Replies From View

Quote from: mjwilson on December 01, 2021, 09:27:57 PMI thought I saw mince pie flavour crisps in the shop earlier but as I've come to type it out... that can't really be true can it?

minced pie flavour

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: mjwilson on December 01, 2021, 09:27:57 PMI thought I saw mince pie flavour crisps in the shop earlier but as I've come to type it out... that can't really be true can it?

Yes, Walkers with another one of their "wacky" seasonal flavours.  Tesco also used to do (perhaps still do) them in their festive Finest range.  As someone who hates mince pies, I've not tried either of them.