Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

True Story (Netflix)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 25, 2021, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Just finished watching this series. It's really, really good. It stars Kevin Hart as a comedian who has to deal with the results of an evening that could get him in a lot of trouble. Wesley Snipes is his brother and its set in Philadelphia (the US city not the cheese).

Has anyone else seen the series? It came on to Netflix earlier this week.

up_the_hampipe

Oh, I'm glad to hear this is good. I was very interested by it, but it's always dodgy when Kevin Hart is involved. He's very talented and funny but he tends to do a lot of mediocre or bad stuff. Wesley Snipes is a very underrated actor for similar reasons. I'll get stuck in!

paruses

Hadn't realises. It was a series. Had noted it down as a film to half watch when I have time (such are my viewing habits these days).

Agree with @up_the_hampipe on everything (not just that post).

paruses

Past the halfway mark on this now and enjoying it. Am eased it isn't quite piling jeopardy on jeopardy like Good Girls did - it's a nice balance. Also enjoying the sub plot with Billie - very light touch.

Wesley Snipes particularly good imo

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: paruses on November 27, 2021, 12:11:30 PMWesley Snipes particularly good imo

Always thought he was hugely underrated as an action star and an actor, he really is very good. Of course, it didn't help that he turned into a massive arsehole when he was in his pomp but it's nice that he's getting back into things again.

Fambo Number Mive

Without giving away any spoilers, I thought that all the characters in this were well written and I was gripped by the plot the whole way through. Lots of twists as well. One of the best shows on Netflix in years.

up_the_hampipe

Really enjoyed this series. Great performances from Hart and Snipes, probably a career best for Hart. Interesting characters and a gripping story with some forgivably hokey moments. The strength of Hart's performance is how close he is to that character, I'm sure he could easily tap into the frustration of people taking advantage of him.

Bit late to this but its good and as Hampipe says great performances from Hart and Snipes, I've never seen Blade or any of his action movies but thought he was excellent in Dolomite Is My Name too.