Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Extremely small moments in comedy that make you laugh way more than intended

Started by Tikwid, May 01, 2018, 01:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famethrowa

Tim Heidecker's kitchen show thing, he's been doing these very earnest and inept cooking segments, eventually Eric shows up to talk some sense into him and gives the undeniable line "Dude... you're making sauce." Delivered with such contempt.

markburgle

The backwards spinning clock behind the first interviewee in this Onion clip really gets me. Just something so aggressively unhelpful about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEyFH-a-XoQ

popcorn

Can I hijack this thread to ask what series (and ideally which episode) of Big Train contains the man who can't open doors? Thaaanks

Blue Jam

The Larry Sanders Show. The season 2 finale, "LA or NY?". The very final line:

Spoiler alert
"Fuckin' frogs."
[close]

Bit of context:
Spoiler alert
Larry isn't making a xenophobic remark about the French, he really is just inordinately pissed off at some noisy amphibians, which is much funnier
[close]

neveragain

Quote from: popcorn on September 27, 2021, 11:03:06 PM
Can I hijack this thread to ask what series (and ideally which episode) of Big Train contains the man who can't open doors? Thaaanks

It's definitely Series Two, and I'm pretty sure it's the first episode.

Frank Stallone

While it's definitely a joke (or at least, a scene designed to provoke a response depending on the type of person you are), I used to not even be able to think about this scene without bursting into laughter. It's just so perfect in every way. https://youtu.be/dqrFJO29b9o?t=160

QDRPHNC

Tim Key's Late Night Poetry Programme, the Work episode. Tom Basden is complaining about something and Tim transitions seamlessly between shhh and shhhhut up.

popcorn

Quote from: neveragain on October 09, 2021, 01:32:50 AM
It's definitely Series Two, and I'm pretty sure it's the first episode.

you're correct! thanks a whole heap.

Cuellar

The Mollusk

Not "extremely" small but on the League of Gentlemen, the way Val turns away with a shy little giggle when Harvey is talking about wanking and mentions "Madame Palm and her five lovely daughters" is something that popped into my head just now and made me laugh out loud.

Magnum Valentino

In the second episode of Its Always Sunny the kid that Charlie's looking after says "I'm the boss of you", provoking the common phrase "you're not the boss of me".

It's so funny to hear "I'm the boss of you" not only said aloud but BEFORE the retort it provokes. It's such a word-specific half of an exchange that is usually only experienced in part.

Magnum Valentino

Was it on here that someone wrote "confirmed: Chris Benoit exists in the Malcolm in the Middle universe"?

Johnny Foreigner

The first time I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the narrator (Charles Gray) made me laugh the most, especially when he ominously announced, in the most gravely solemn voice:

'Food has always played a vital part in life's rituals...'

I laughed at that for several minutes; it was so deliberate, so pompous and so ridiculously meaningless.

Thursday

kalowski

When Michael Palin says, "You wouldn't think of that, you five foot ten inch weed!" in the Archeology Today sketch.

Swoz_MK

Woke up with "They're following suit like, y'know, kids playing snap" sounding in my head for some reason. I enjoy that line very much.

Mobbd

Years ago, probably apropos of nowt, Bob Mortimer tweeted "The Curious Face of Benjamin Mutton."

https://twitter.com/realbobmortimer/status/388336613082017792

For some reason it got into my head and when I found myself thinking about it the following day I couldn't stop smiling and inadvertently snickering in public. It was like The Pez Dispenser on Seinfeld. I looked like a proper loon. I still think about that day.

Glad to have finally shared this. Maybe now the healing can begin.

Mr Banlon

madhair60

Watching Curb for the first time and I saw the Benadryl Brownie episode last night. The bit where Larry is explaining the plan to Cheryl and says something along the lines of "if it works, (Richard Lewis' girlfriend) will think it's prayer", then Richard bangs his fist on the table as though saying "boom", like this imbecilic plan is somehow bulletproof genius. Amazing.

Mobbd

Quote from: madhair60 on December 01, 2021, 03:00:37 PMWatching Curb for the first time and I saw the Benadryl Brownie episode last night. The bit where Larry is explaining the plan to Cheryl and says something along the lines of "if it works, (Richard Lewis' girlfriend) will think it's prayer", then Richard bangs his fist on the table as though saying "boom", like this imbecilic plan is somehow bulletproof genius. Amazing.

"Don't you know anything about tampering?"

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on December 01, 2021, 03:00:37 PMWatching Curb for the first time and I saw the Benadryl Brownie episode last night. The bit where Larry is explaining the plan to Cheryl and says something along the lines of "if it works, (Richard Lewis' girlfriend) will think it's prayer", then Richard bangs his fist on the table as though saying "boom", like this imbecilic plan is somehow bulletproof genius. Amazing.

Larry and Jeff/Lewis are an incredible double act of bullshit shenanigans. In "The Doll", I love the blatant bollocks Jeff spouts about how the loose shelf in Sammy's room has been bugging him for months.

That whole scene is fantastic ("You said Sweet Judy Brown Eyes?!") but the highlight for me is how carelessly Larry leaps up to grab the doll and rips the shelf off the wall. Makes me howl every time.

Ferris

Been mentioned on here (probably in this thread actually), but Johnson's magician-style gesture towards the bathroom padlock on Peep Show.

Also the delivery of the "Mark?... Mark!" (along with David Mitchell's pitiful replies). All of that in about 5 seconds of screen time 1m59s to 2m4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXz82B3ylXs

madhair60

Quote from: The Mollusk on December 01, 2021, 06:11:21 PMThat whole scene is fantastic ("You said Sweet Judy Brown Eyes?!") but the highlight for me is how carelessly Larry leaps up to grab the doll and rips the shelf off the wall. Makes me howl every time.

It's not a small moment but the whole scene with Susie is a tour-de-force.

THE KID IS AT HOME, HYSTERICAL!, BECAUSE HER DOLL - JUDY!! - HAS BEEN DECAPITATEEEEED!!

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on December 01, 2021, 09:03:24 PMIt's not a small moment but the whole scene with Susie is a tour-de-force.

THE KID IS AT HOME, HYSTERICAL!, BECAUSE HER DOLL - JUDY!! - HAS BEEN DECAPITATEEEEED!!

my penis itches

shlug

Quote from: The Mollusk on October 27, 2021, 03:16:44 PMNot "extremely" small but on the League of Gentlemen, the way Val turns away with a shy little giggle when Harvey is talking about wanking and mentions "Madame Palm and her five lovely daughters" is something that popped into my head just now and made me laugh out loud.

Similarly love the cadence of Harvey when Benjamin comes in nude to see them fully clothed and Harvey goes "Butt naked in the lobby of this house?"

The next line has the phrase "spraying your belly with sticky white love piss!" which is just a beautifully colourful and vulgar phrasing.

Rob1969in

In episode two of series one of Peep Show ,when Jeremy says to Mark in the interview "at least I don't wank to elves and pixies ' and Mark replies "I literally have no idea what that means' makes me cry ..

Armed Traffic Warden

"There you are Zippy you little horn monster" from Bottom live 2.
 In particular the way Rik runs at the tv set, his hand straight into his pants and already 'going through the self love gears'.
   As memory serves there's a slight lull in the energy of the show around that point, so Rik's 0 - 100 reaction to Rainbow is all the more unexpected.

Steven88

Jim laughing in the background when Dave is describing his Mum and Dad's dog comitting suicide on The Royle Family.