Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson - Time Running out?

Started by Alberon, December 09, 2021, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Tomorrow is the weekly clown show of PMQs. Will Johnson wait until after to publish the report, or rush it out just before and claim, whatever it actually says, that it clears him?

idunnosomename

Hope Sir Keith has some prime zingers prepared to put this honkwaffle down... FOR GOOD!

TrenterPercenter

Sam Coates now reporting that there are photos of the parties, with wine and Bozo in them.

Milo

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on January 25, 2022, 05:49:09 PMSam Coates now reporting that there are photos of the partygoers, with wine and Bozo in them.

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 25, 2022, 05:37:56 PMHope Sir Keith has some prime zingers prepared to put this honkwaffle down... FOR GOOD!

Chortle! He really is a spunkllama!

Blinder Data

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on January 25, 2022, 05:49:09 PMSam Coates now reporting that there are photos of the parties, with wine and Bozo in them.

If there are photos, then he's toast. There's no coming back. Get this cockwomble into the sea! #FBPE

(But seriously, if we see photos of what looks like Johnson partying, I doubt he'll last till May. A picture paints a thousand words and all that. For example, the scandal of Hancock's affair was bad but without the video I doubt his resignation would've been so swift.)

idunnosomename

He could have his dick up a dogs bum in the pictures and theres a chance hed survive it

Butchers Blind

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 25, 2022, 06:14:19 PMHe could have his dick up a dogs bum in the pictures and theres a chance hed survive it

So he should. There was nothing in the Covid rules forbidding bumming dogs on camera. I hope.

Pink Gregory

Appreciate all your enthusiasm but god this is all so fucking tedious.

I can't even take pleasure in the lazy, mendacious cunt being taken down through the proper channels.

TrenterPercenter

What is all this honkwaffle? and cockwomble stuff? Twitter shite right? (i.e. taking the piss out of Twitter shite, O'Brien and the like).

I imagine there is quite an interest on there in the attempted renewing of leftie credentials for those that were so vociferous over Corbyn.

Video Game Fan 2000

Starmer is going to say to "tried to have his cake and eat it" at PMQs.

jobotic

QuoteCrispin Blunt, a long-serving Tory backbencher, has characterised partygate as a "premier-class Whitehall farce".

Speaking to BBC Radio 4 this evening, he said:

This whole episode is really beginning to descend into a premier-class Whitehall farce. We've lost our sense of perspective on this.

Everybody needs to take a step back and try to put themselves in the same situation as the centre of the government was, in 2020 – the fact we very nearly lost our prime minister. You know how hard civil servants work at the heart of our government – they work every night God sends combating a completely unprecedented public health crisis for our country.

We've now got the Metropolitan police investing alleged criminality – in breathless tones from the deputy leader of the opposition about some terrible offence – which would attract a fixed penalty notice.

No one is suggesting that if the prime minister had been caught speeding that he should be sacked – I hope. He shouldn't be driving himself in any case! But let's try and get it into perspective.

They really are a hair's breadth away from saying "oh shut up, we can do what we want because we're better than you".

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on January 25, 2022, 06:31:12 PMStarmer is going to say to "tried to have his cake and eat it" at PMQs.

"Mr Speaker, Mr Speaker, it appears the prime minster, Mr speaker, it appears the prime minster, Mr Speaker, it appears the prime minster tried to have his cake, Mr Speaker, tried to have his cake and <looks at notes>, Mr Speaker, and <looks at notes> and eat it"

Milo

Or something about the cost of living and let them eat cake.

Milo

I think the most I bent the rules was going to the supermarket to stock up on non-perishables that I didn't really need so I could buy wine while I was there. Luckily I don't have any friends anyway so there was never a major risk of a party breaking out.

Alberon

Sunak went to a party by mistake as well.

QuoteNEW: Rishi Sunak accidentally went to Boris Johnson's No 10 birthday event

I'm told he was present when the birthday cake was served but was unaware it was going to happen as he'd gone to the room specifically for COVID strategy committee meeting.

Butchers Blind

Milo

Quote from: Alberon on January 25, 2022, 07:34:56 PMSunak went to a party by mistake as well.

He was the only person not in on the 'covid strategy committee' euphemism for knees-up.

Sebastian Cobb

He only went into the party to ask for directions away from it.

jobotic

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on January 25, 2022, 06:36:37 PM"Mr Speaker, Mr Speaker, it appears the prime minster, Mr speaker, it appears the prime minster, Mr Speaker, it appears the prime minster tried to have his cake, Mr Speaker, tried to have his cake and <looks at notes>, Mr Speaker, and <looks at notes> and eat it"

Ambulance for Rachel Reeves! She's laughed too hard.

Replies From View

Photos of Boris Johnson smearing his mouth over a bottle that says "SUNAK'S GIN"

Photos of Boris Johnson kissing different parts of all the coats in the cloakroom

Photos of Boris Johnson bringing everyone's toothbrushes in

Replies From View

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on January 25, 2022, 06:31:12 PMStarmer is going to say to "tried to have his cake and eat it" at PMQs.

"TRIED TO HAVE A CAKE OR SLICES OF CAKE ON HIS BIRTHDAY DAY....... AND DID!!!" *backbenches commence ho ho ho ho ho*

idunnosomename

Quote from: Butchers Blind on January 25, 2022, 07:36:09 PMIs this what Cpt Tom died for?
politicians continuing to act like a class of twats above the law forever?

yes. Well also cuz he was dead old

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 25, 2022, 06:14:19 PMHe could have his dick up a dogs bum in the pictures and theres a chance hed survive it

They'd probably give him a knighthood.

Consignia

Quote from: Alberon on January 25, 2022, 07:34:56 PMSunak went to a party by mistake as well.
QuoteNEW: Rishi Sunak accidentally went to Boris Johnson's No 10 birthday event

I'm told he was present when the birthday cake was served but was unaware it was going to happen as he'd gone to the room specifically for COVID strategy committee meeting

Milo

I think the juiciest part of it at the moment is all the useless fuckwits and hangers on that might be found to have perverted the course of justice for deleting emails and photos. The number of them that would have seen the Met referral and bobbed their load.

Cuellar

Thought this was interesting from Peston:

QuoteI have had an important clarification from a source close to Sue Gray. There is no separate summary distinct from the full report. What Gray will give to the PM will be her report into partygate, her findings, and her understanding with the PM is he will publish that report in full, with no cuts, no censorship, no redactions - and he will publish just a few hours after receiving the report ("publish after lunch if sent in morning, sort of thing). That is what she expects.

So he can just ignore nything that relies on 'an understanding' or what is 'expected', right?  If Johnson just refuses to publish it, can she do it herself?