Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,206
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2022

Started by dr beat, January 01, 2022, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

What? Vafaei's won something? Pirouzi!

[Fires up EuroSport]

Hang on, what the fuck kind of darts-tier deso is this?

kidney

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 24, 2022, 03:28:54 PMWhat? Vafaei's won something? Pirouzi!

[Fires up EuroSport]

Hang on, what the fuck kind of darts-tier deso is this?

It's the future of snooker. Get with the times, grandpa!

buttgammon

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on January 25, 2022, 08:43:23 PMI think this is even worse than his comments about amateurs: https://twitter.com/magician147/status/1485750107786129419

God, what a stupid cunt. Whatever sympathy he gained with the arachnophobia has been tarnished by the Gervais praise.

Blue Jam

Well I like spiders, so this just means I find him twice as unsympathetic.

shoulders

AIDS is the epitome of 3 star drabness.

Blue Jam

Great pic of Judd from the WST app:

Blue Jam

Even considering the Covid restrictions the Tempodrom is looking depressingly empty.

Ref is Maike Kesseler, calm down lads.

Blue Jam

Robbo evidently forgot to pack the GHDs.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 26, 2022, 06:37:06 PMGreat pic of Judd from the WST app:

He really has the wrong head for going bald doesn't he. It's just too long and pointy. In 18 months he's going to look like Lord fucking Adonis.

Blue Jam

I dunno, I think the multiple crazy combovers look worse than baldness. Best go full-on Luca Brecel and buzz it off and get a load of tattoos.

mippy

I like Robbo's hybrid look. Hope he doesn't pick up another set at Douglas.

mippy

Ricky Walden has a fine head of hair on him. Impressively thick.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 26, 2022, 07:24:04 PMI dunno, I think the multiple crazy combovers look worse than baldness. Best go full-on Luca Brecel and buzz it off and get a load of tattoos.

Ugh imagine getting your hands tattooed. It looks awful. Even worse than Mark Williams's sleeve tattoo. Bingham's got one all over his back ffs.

Menu

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 26, 2022, 07:24:04 PMI dunno, I think the multiple crazy combovers look worse than baldness. Best go full-on Luca Brecel and buzz it off and get a load of tattoos.

Blue Jam, settle an argument. Have you got your hands tattooed?

Blue Jam

Quote from: Menu on January 26, 2022, 08:10:33 PMBlue Jam, settle an argument. Have you got your hands tattooed?

No. I have no tattoos because I am not remotely badass and would look ridiculous. Also I am not bald.

What would I get tattooed on my knuckles anyway? COOKD and BOMBD?

pigamus

Quote from: mippy on January 26, 2022, 07:56:52 PMRicky Walden has a fine head of hair on him. Impressively thick.

I think most of the worst snooker matches I've ever seen have involved Ricky Walden, usually playing Barry Hawkins

Blue Jam

Menu

Christ. That must have been in Up The Arse corner. Surely.

Blue Jam

RICKAAAAY

Poor Zhao, his frustration is written all over his little face

kidney

This final frame is bizarre, it's like they're both trying to lose it. I'm getting Lu Ning v Xiao Guodong flashbacks.

druss

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 26, 2022, 07:03:42 PMthe Tempodrom is looking depressingly empty.
Only half read this and saw tempodome, thinking it was a new nickname for Judd's (lack of) hair.

Blue Jam

The Tempodrom looking reassuringly full now.

No-one else here watching the all-Chinese, all-haired final? No commentary on the Eurosport feed, Discovery+ have effed this right up.

Yaaaaaay Marcel. Hope Refbot 3000 reprimands the crowd in German again.

kidney

Zhao certainly knows how to pot these balls, very impressive.

Any idea why Marcel isn't sporting a fancy new suit like Jan and the other refs were?

Wow, Zhao Xintong is the real deal isn't he?

Not seen much of the snookers this week, but I caught most of his match v Trump and he was awesome.

I'm a very big fan of the German Masters camera angle (though they seem to have lowered it for the final?) and colour palette. WST should mix things up and put a nice cream carpet down at the Morningside Arena.

sevendaughters

I've not seen a player since Ronnie who is able to just get on amazing runs like Zhao. When I saw him in York he ran five against Thepchaiya. second session here might be a bit short.

Blue Jam

Quote from: kidney on January 30, 2022, 02:19:12 PMAny idea why Marcel isn't sporting a fancy new suit like Jan and the other refs were?

Because it takes longer to cut holes for all his USB ports.

sevendaughters

amazing by Zhao.

also impressive on the Q Tour event was a QF berth for Women's UK Champ Nutcharut Wongharuthai (most call her Mink) beating a few ex-pros and guys of reasonable standard on the way. 5 wins to get there, only 22 years old. the match she lost was 4-0 but her opponent scored 3 centuries and a 68, not a lot anyone can do against that.

The Culture Bunker

Didn't catch the afternoon session, but as I'm off work tomorrow, I figured I'd have get a few beers to enjoy this evening - turn it on, find out it might be over by half seven. Credit to Yan for even turning up, as I suspect I'd have just said "fuck it" and hammered the minibar.