Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:58:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

15 Glinutes of Shame: Lying in the Gettr Looking at the TRAs

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, January 16, 2022, 12:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

The big baby can't pretend he has an actual Twitter account under his name because the links don't show up anymore.

jobotic

That was a major reason you were great!

That and the white supremacy.

frajer

Linehan explaining to his new lover Gettr that the reason they were great were because they were exactly like his former partner Twitter, which he now despises.

Stone me what a life.

Mister Six

Quote from: JamesTC on January 25, 2022, 06:14:24 PMImagine not coming to the thread for a few days and suddenly people are talking about Dwayne the Mobility Scooter. This thread goes a mile a minute.

You're saying there's just too much going on?

Fisher Goes Berserk

I have to say, the words 'Dwayne the mobility scooter' are a delight to say out loud.

idunnosomename

Kankurette

Speaking of stickers, how fucking obsessed do you have to be to make Yasmin Chkaifi's murder about trans people? In this case, 'the police will arrest women for putting up stickers or protecting children, but they won't arrest men for stabbing a woman to death'.

If the fuzz arrested everyone who put up stickers, the cells would be rammed. Almost like it's not just about stickers.

Dr Rock

They always have a reason why they should be allowed to break the law, and if they do, they recount the experience as brutal and traumatic as possible, even though it always sounds perfectly routine.

The Bees

But there were only two vegetarian options! And one was foreign!

pigamus

Quote from: Gwent PoliceStatement following a 53-year-old woman from Newport being arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and displaying threatening or abusive writing likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

Superintendent Vicki Townsend said:

"We've received several reports in relation to posters containing offensive material appearing in Newport between October and January.

"Officers on patrol in Newport saw a woman spraying stickers to two lampposts.

"A 53-year-old woman from Newport was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and displaying threatening or abusive writing likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

"She was later released on conditional bail as enquiries continue.

"The woman was arrested at 2.39pm on Sunday 23 January and was released from custody after interview at 3.23am on Monday 24 January.

"While she was in custody, a mobile phone and stickers were seized as part of our enquiries.

"Following arrest, officers attended the women's address and conducted a search after arrest. Further items, including stickers and posters, were also seized.

"While in custody, a healthcare professional assessed the woman at 7.10pm and requested officers collect her medication from her address.

"A quantity of medication was brought into custody by officers at 10.23pm after attending her address.

"The healthcare professional was unable to prescribe it while in custody for safety reasons.

"The woman was released from custody in accordance with police guidelines and there was no legal reason to keep her in the custody unit after her interview.

"The custody sergeant spoke to the woman who did raise that her mobile phone had been taken and she was informed it had been seized as part of the investigation.

"Upon release, the woman was offered transport for both herself and her mobility scooter but declined and chose to make her own way home.

"We published a post on one of Twitter accounts on Friday 21 January, asking the public to not remove posters, including those containing offensive material, in the city after sharp objects had been found behind them.

"This public safety message was intended to make the public aware of the dangers of potentially removing a poster, after glass and pins had been stuck behind the posters.

"We would reiterate that if anyone finds such a poster that they leave it to the relevant authority to remove it safely rather than risk injury."

JamesTC

Quote from: Gwent Police"Upon release, the woman was offered transport for both herself and Dwayne the mobility scooter but declined and chose to make her own way home.

idunnosomename

i mean this is very funny but also this is the sort of vulnerable person Graham Linehan is radicalising to these ridiculous lengths just so he can win an argument on the internet. he really is a fucking shithead

samadriel

Zetetic

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 26, 2022, 12:45:19 AMi mean this is very funny but also this is the sort of vulnerable person Graham Linehan is radicalising to these ridiculous lengths just so he can win an argument on the internet. he really is a fucking shithead
And now Gwent Police have successfully amplified them both and done a decent job of martyring one of them.

bgmnts

"We've censored Glinner's moustache as it may offend certain posters."

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Zetetic on January 26, 2022, 01:07:42 AMAnd now Gwent Police have successfully amplified them both and done a decent job of martyring one of them.

They should have just let her continue putting up booby-trapped hate stickers and nobody would be any the wiser. They platformed the 6th most violent road too.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Only got a few results for "6th most violent road" and one was this shithouse blog http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/notes/

Dr Rock

Quote"Upon release, the woman was offered transport for both herself and her mobility scooter but declined and chose to make her own way home.

I hope that's not a tax-payer funded mobility scooter, as she clearly doesn't need it.

greencalx

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 25, 2022, 10:45:34 PMThey always have a reason why they should be allowed to break the law, and if they do, they recount the experience as brutal and traumatic as possible, even though it always sounds perfectly routine.

I recall some scandal where some politicians were taken in for questioning and complained about being treated like "common criminals" by being woken early in the morning by the police and taken down to the station for questioning.

Yip, that's how arrests normally work, and if you are part of government you should probably know that.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 26, 2022, 06:10:15 AMOnly got a few results for "6th most violent road" and one was this shithouse blog http://www.butterfliesandwheels.org/notes/
Human share 60% of their DNA with bananas but only 1.5% with Neanderthals, according to my dubious understanding of genetics. How do you identify?

I guess the road she's worried about is the A465 which has quite a lot of accidents, but frankly I'm not sure she's entirely trustworthy.

The banana claim is apparently a bit dodgy too.

Dr Rock

Quote from: terf-vandalI had to find my own way home, in the dark along the 6th most violent road in the UK

Quote from: the filth"Upon release, the woman was offered transport for both herself and her mobility scooter but declined and chose to make her own way home.

Why must terfs always lie?

Zetetic

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 26, 2022, 06:04:24 AMThey should have just let her continue putting up booby-trapped hate stickers and nobody would be any the wiser.
I think they've elided two different types of unpleasant stickers, from different people (and that they knew this). I may be proved wrong.

But, yeah, not doing what they've done would've meant far fewer people ever seeing her stickers. There are other ways they could've handled a flyposter in a mobility scooter.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Dr Rock on January 26, 2022, 08:31:03 AMWhy must terfs always lie?

The Police have been known to lie as well, of course. I have no desire whatsoever to defend yer woman,with her amusing " curry or cornflakes ( Eddie Izzard consi...Oh, never mind)"comments, but am slightly bothered that we have to be content to portray the police as a great bunch of lads in this episode.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on January 26, 2022, 09:09:06 AMThe Police have been known to lie as well, of course.

How dare you cast dispersions on Are brave bobbies

Zetetic

Particularly given the actual experiences of Gwent Police, and its sister force SWP). These are specifically forces with a history of inappropriate force directed against vulnerable people. This time last year both forces were involved in "deaths following contact" of black men. SWP was attempting to recruit young white women to infiltrate BLM groups.

This isn't a slippery slope argument - the dogshit policing here speaks to their already dogshit policing in a wide variety of other contexts, even it happens to be directed against someone unpleasant doing unpleasant things. I don't believe that it will end up having made anyone feel safer.