Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:02:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Bumlord on May 27, 2022, 09:56:51 PM

I've just come to loath the site of that fucking face. It's that Trump smirk where he looks like a toddler who's just shat themselves and is really pleased to tell you all about it. Like a combination of horrific self-satisfied smugness and moronic idiocy.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on May 27, 2022, 06:43:45 PMNew Bananacast:
Nothing really new, apart from alleged approaches from "financiers" and "a West End theatre".  Plenty of the usual egomania, though.

He thinks he'll get apologies and the project back on track once he's proved right but not aware that irrespective of the merits of his trans views no one wants to bet millions of pounds on a horrid, hectoring twat who's more than happy to try and coerce his biz partners by washing his filthy laundry in public.

Dr Rock

I'm watching a very good documentary about trans representation in the media (very often horrific, obv) right now, called Disclosure on Netflix. Wonder if they'll get to Graham's IT Crowd episode...

BennyHedgehog

Also! In the bananagram he claims he's noticed someone started using a #freefatherted hashtag on Twitter as if this is a grassroots campaign by the general public that has nothing to do with him.

However the first time it was used is as a reply to this tweet where the author, and glinner pal Big Bill Moon, is telling the disingenuous Moley he'd "forgot to add the hashtag"

https://twitter.com/BigBillMoon/status/1529122027331801088

It's just all so clumsy, obvious and embarrassing, Graham sitting on some secret discord server hatching shit plans and getting cheered on by confused pensioners

idunnosomename

Last time Graham tried to have a secret chatroom he gave away the invite URL and that's how we got You've Turned Off Replies

pigamus

idunnosomename

Just another normal day online for his royal highness the woman respecter

Kankurette

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 28, 2022, 07:39:49 AMFfs, "cultural Marxism" is a meaningless phrase, especially when parroted by these idiots who know nothing of either Marxism or culture. "Far left" can fuck off too. "They're extremely left wing...they want to be really nice to people!" I find the abuse of language and the utter vacuousness of their thought nearly as offensive as the behaviour it ends up enabling.
They think anything remotely liberal is Marxist. They wouldn't know what Marxism was if old Karl himself slapped them in the face with Das Kapital. And yes, it absolutely is an antisemitic dogwhistle, it all smacks of 'Jews are controlling our universities and brainwashing people'. RationalWiki's got more on it.

The Guppy

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 28, 2022, 11:10:52 AMJust another normal day online for his royal highness the woman respecter

"All the best" but he doesn't really mean it. Still a comedy genius.

Ex_GC

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on May 28, 2022, 10:03:31 AMHe thinks he'll get apologies and the project back on track once he's proved right but not aware that irrespective of the merits of his trans views no one wants to bet millions of pounds on a horrid, hectoring twat who's more than happy to try and coerce his biz partners by washing his filthy laundry in public.

This. A million times this. Even those who might agree with his "gender critical" beliefs would surely not want to be associated with him

idunnosomename

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on May 27, 2022, 06:43:45 PMNew Bananacast:
Nothing really new, apart from alleged approaches from "financiers" and "a West End theatre".  Plenty of the usual egomania, though.
"wonga"

"Harrow Arts Centre, Pinner"

Ferris

As one of nature's tedious class-reductionist Marxists, I do wish people would read Marx before deciding it was dangerous or outré.

I've worked with economists and professors (including an unreconstructed Thatcherite) who concede that yes Marx is largely correct and becoming more practically applicable as class divides becomes more pronounced but "ah, nevertheless". Something about the M word just scares people. I'll point out my BA and MA in economics/philosophy/political theory whenever someone decides I'm not qualified to talk about it. "Ah, nevertheless" comes the response.

Cultural Marxism is just a nonsense phrase, and I think the world is more primed than ever for widespread Marxist policy tbh.

Sorry this is just rambling fuckitpost

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 28, 2022, 11:10:52 AMJust another normal day online for his royal highness the woman respecter

Is this because she mugged him off on mumsnet? Christ he can't half hold a grudge.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Ferris on May 28, 2022, 12:36:19 PMIs this because she mugged him off on mumsnet? Christ he can't half hold a grudge.

I'd guess it's more to do with an article she has out today stating trans women are women therefor some women have a penis but worse than that she even says the unthinkable that "JK Rowling is wrong" 

Ferris

It sums his whole state pretty effectively.

From Creasy's side: If you're an MP, who gives a shit if some has-been is emailing you? They're not a constituent so who cares.

From glin's side: if you genuinely believed someone was a homophobe, then ok but you should explain why that is and request some kind of restitution. Sending a one line email will change nothing, and that's sort of by design.

From an independent observer's side: this satisfies his weird addiction to constant low-grade aggro and makes him look faintly absurd, but that's about it.

The man is deeply unwell. I think I'm going to take a break from these threads because it's so depressing.

Ferris

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 28, 2022, 12:47:24 PMI'd guess it's more to do with an article she has out today stating trans women are women therefor some women have a penis but worse than that she even says the unthinkable that "JK Rowling is wrong" 

That may be the justification, but I think "making him look like a chump on mumsnet" is the real reason, as ludicrous as that sentence sounds.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Ferris on May 28, 2022, 12:29:00 PMCultural Marxism is just a nonsense phrase,

If anything it would imply that the proletariat should seize the means of state or establishment culture? Maybe like Punk? Probably the opposite of what idiots like Braverman are getting at.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 28, 2022, 10:19:51 AMI'm watching a very good documentary about trans representation in the media (very often horrific, obv) right now, called Disclosure on Netflix. Wonder if they'll get to Graham's IT Crowd episode...
Oh how nice of you, Netflix, to put that on your platform, I bet it doesn't include you giving Dave Crapelle a platform to scream transphobic bullshit at a crowd of baying jackals.

jobotic

Why is he wanging on about Creasey? Shouldn't he be happy today as the Attorney General is as much of a bigoted cunt as he is?

Ex_GC

Speaking of Stella Creasey, one of the most cringeworthy things ever was when he barged into a Mumsnet Q&A thread she was doing. He mouthed off with all the usual Banana greatest hits, is Eddie Izzard a woman, I've lost everything in this fight, Twitter blah blah blah

Indomitable Spirit

phes

It must be fucking unreal to be trans and to see this blow up the way it has and see that there is basically no trans voice whatsoever getting any column inches in this *debate*

idunnosomename

Can you imagine how sick the team at Hat Trick are going to be of this nutter sending them weird emails now.

Bet that guy - gay guy - is going to get told he's homophobic next

JamesTC

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on May 28, 2022, 01:43:52 PMShe devised the most evil sentence in human history.

Goldie Lookin Chain figured this out decades ago.

Cold Meat Platter

Gay people are homophobic
Women are misogynist
Lifelong anti-racism campaigners are racist
Jews are anti-semites

Bizarro World.

JamesTC

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 28, 2022, 02:26:43 PMGay people are homophobic
Women are misogynist
Lifelong anti-racism campaigners are racist
Jews are anti-semites

Graham Linehan is a journalist.

Quote from: phes on May 28, 2022, 02:09:56 PMIt must be fucking unreal to be trans and to see this blow up the way it has and see that there is basically no trans voice whatsoever getting any column inches in this *debate*

That's not true, there's Debbie Hayton.

Oh yeah, right 😒