Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:36:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New posters intro thread

Started by Barry Admin, June 16, 2022, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm relatively new, I 've been here less than 10 years.

Hello, Everyone!

TheGingerAlien

MrVentham

Chris Morris fan for about 12 years, ever since I watched Jam while tripping at 19. (Before then, I was the type who thought going to the gym was a personality trait.)  Finally decided to join up to commune with like-minded heads.

31. Earning my PhD and live in Chicago.

itsfredtitmus

(never introduced myself)
Hello, I'm Soph! I'm a stupid so&so that loves Japanese tea, skin-care, gammon and chips, JAM, Jellyfish, Sophie-Bextor, Arabesque, Crass and Rudimentary Peni and not much else really (sometimes alan clarke, mike leigh & dw griffith films but that depends)

be me mate, I'm rather tender tbh

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 23, 2022, 07:20:44 PMThis is a great forum, you just have to learn to ignore the miserable negative fools, the self important Mainwaring's and the sock puppets. If you are prepared to stick around you will get to experience\learn about things you very probably won't anywhere else and that will reward you for the rest of your life. Shame CaB radio isn't around any more, I saw and heard things via that I will never experience again, the best shows were the ones where the host asked you not to record them as someone will probably lose their job due to the material being played currently not available anywhere due to legal concerns, it felt like such a sneaky privileged peek at stuff.
rive mersey for you, mate! (why even come here tbh. genuinely, don't really understand why you'd spend your time a forum where you hate most of the people that post on it?)

Sherman Krank

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on June 24, 2022, 05:03:09 PM
He's got a packet of Bob Marley in his trolley.
I don't remember a time when you could buy packets of Bob Marley in the supermarket.
What's going on?
Have I been Mandela'd again?

I'm not even vaguely new.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

That's actually a pack of Bob Marley Lemon Barley. Simply add two scoops to 250ml of water for a thirst quenching Bob Marley Lemon Barley.

Sherman Krank

Hmm.. I googled 'Bob Marley Lemon Barley' and all that came up was

so I now believe packets of Bob Marley never really existed and this was actually Mr Ross cryptically confessing that he was a massive cokehead.

ProvanFan

How many of those items are for his sordid mkat escapades?

The Pampers, maybe. The Smarties tubes, certainly.

I've been here since the beginning but I always feel like a new poster.

So to all the new posters, don't worry about these pricks, they're all lovely really.

Statistically 1 serial killer, 2 peadoes and 3 confidence tricksters.

Be careful NOOBZ.

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Sherman Krank on June 28, 2022, 02:52:33 AMHmm.. I googled 'Bob Marley Lemon Barley' and all that came up was

so I now believe packets of Bob Marley never really existed and this was actually Mr Ross cryptically confessing that he was a massive cokehead.

Yeah I was confused about the Bob Marley thing also. Figure they wanted it in the shot as an in-joke for all the legend wossies.

Also:
Hey everyone. Occasional contributor, regular reader. Some great posters on here - thanks to all for being part of the legendary CaB hive mind. And cheers to Barry for putting up with everyone.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 01:12:02 AMrive mersey for you, mate! (why even come here tbh. genuinely, don't really understand why you'd spend your time a forum where you hate most of the people that post on it?)

I don't dislike most of the people here at all, you have made that up yourself, I find 9 out of 10 on here are good eggs. I am simply warning new members there are posters who can be rather forthright in their opinion and like to, for want of a better word, force their opinion on others or state others opinions on something to be wrong, almost thought police at times. There have been plenty of sock puppets in the past, shit like Asbury just here to troll people. The negative fools, these posters wouldn't see the bright side of a lottery win, miserable fucks who always like to wallow in what could go wrong, nothing is ever getting better etc. Now these people have made some members leave or not participate much, they aren't a large contingent of the membership though, but as in life it only takes that one nasty prick to ruin your day if you get my meaning.

Kankurette

A bit about me:
 - I live in Manchester
 - I'm a freelance translator
 - I'm not bald, in fact I'm quite hirsute
 - I mainly post in Oscillations and the football/Glinner/JKR threads
 - I have questionable taste in music (I am one of the few people on here who likes Space and have seen them more times than I care to mention) and literature
 - I'm autistic, hence why I tend to hyperfixate on things
 - The bloke in my avatar is Kevin Pressman, Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper and one of my all-time footballing heroes
 - I like unusual crisp flavours
 - I have a big, black-and-white cunt of a cat called Gary and no, he is not named after the snail, he's named after the late Gary Speed, although personality-wise he's more like Luis Suarez
 - I found this place through Madhair60, who I met recently at the York meet (he is even taller than I expected)

I came out of the York meet in one piece and genuinely enjoyed myself, and this is coming from someone who was extremely nervous and nearly backed out. I did get COVID, but none of you are to blame for that, it was probably one of the Legend Garys and Garyettes on the train from Leeds.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 23, 2022, 07:20:44 PMThis is a great forum, you just have to learn to ignore the miserable negative fools, the self important Mainwaring's and the sock puppets. If you are prepared to stick around you will get to experience\learn about things you very probably won't anywhere else and that will reward you for the rest of your life. Shame CaB radio isn't around any more, I saw and heard things via that I will never experience again, the best shows were the ones where the host asked you not to record them as someone will probably lose their job due to the material being played currently not available anywhere due to legal concerns, it felt like such a sneaky privileged peek at stuff.

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 28, 2022, 11:27:18 AMI don't dislike most of the people here at all, you have made that up yourself, I find 9 out of 10 on here are good eggs. I am simply warning new members there are posters who can be rather forthright in their opinion and like to, for want of a better word, force their opinion on others or state others opinions on something to be wrong, almost thought police at times. There have been plenty of sock puppets in the past, shit like Asbury just here to troll people. The negative fools, these posters wouldn't see the bright side of a lottery win, miserable fucks who always like to wallow in what could go wrong, nothing is ever getting better etc. Now these people have made some members leave or not participate much, they aren't a large contingent of the membership though, but as in life it only takes that one nasty prick to ruin your day if you get my meaning.

*dishes out a couple of bowls of unduly excessive and weirdly embittered negativity*

"But hey if you can ignore the negativity this place is quite good!"

Real nice.

Fambo Number Mive

I don't think there are any Mainwairings on here, there is only one negative fool (me).

I think the "bit about me" is a good idea - I live in Oxford, am balding, fascinated by public transport, enjoy farting when on my own and like the smell of my own farts, am obsessed with The Bill and Robocop. I have a job and don't drive. Nearly got killed by a herd of cows once, have two middle names, a missing tooth and disgusting toenails.

madhair60

i'm possibly the worst poster on CaB, or indeed any forum

Stigdu

Yeah to be fair, this is probably one of the sweariest, most aggressive chat forums I've ever been on. Within the space of a week, I got called a troll, a cunt, and someone called my father a cunt too. To be fair, the last guy apologised. I wouldn't mind if it was all banter and we were mates, but we're not. None of these people know me. They just like throwing slurs around.

From my albeit brief experience on here, Mr_Simnock speaks a great deal of sense.

madhair60

you're a cunt, your dad's a cunt, your mum's a cunt, any sibling you have are cunts, all your friends are cunts, all their friends are cunts, i'm a cunt, everyone's a cunt, it's a world of cunts my friend.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Who are you calling cunt, cunt?

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Stigdu on June 28, 2022, 04:26:25 PMYeah to be fair, this is probably one of the sweariest, most aggressive chat forums I've ever been on. Within the space of a week, I got called a troll, a cunt, and someone called my father a cunt too. To be fair, the last guy apologised. I wouldn't mind if it was all banter and we were mates, but we're not. None of these people know me. They just like throwing slurs around.

From my albeit brief experience on here, Mr_Simnock speaks a great deal of sense.

A right of passage, fear not new blood, stand your ground and shout at them back, they are more scared of you than you are of them!

dontpaintyourteeth

your mother is a ballpoint pen thief.

phes

Quote from: Stigdu on June 28, 2022, 04:26:25 PMYeah to be fair, this is probably one of the sweariest, most aggressive chat forums I've ever been on. Within the space of a week, I got called a troll, a cunt, and someone called my father a cunt too.

Let's be honest this is pretty fucking funny considering it all started with you championing Ricky Are You Offended You Cunt Gervais

Stigdu

Quote from: phes on June 28, 2022, 06:01:34 PMLet's be honest this is pretty fucking funny considering it all started with you championing Ricky Are You Offended You Cunt Gervais

Yes, I can see the irony now.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 01:11:06 AM(never introduced myself)
Hello, I'm Soph! I'm a stupid so&so that loves Japanese tea, skin-care, gammon and chips, JAM, Jellyfish, Sophie-Bextor, Arabesque, Crass and Rudimentary Peni and not much else really (sometimes alan clarke, mike leigh & dw griffith films but that depends)

be me mate, I'm rather tender tbh

I'll be your friend for the low, low one off price of £2.99 a month, rising to £3.99 a month if you share me with a family member.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: madhair60 on June 28, 2022, 04:21:17 PMi'm possibly the worst poster on CaB, or indeed any forum

I'm not the worst poster on here, but I am the most inconsequential, and I think that's worse.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on June 28, 2022, 01:11:06 AMRudimentary Peni

fucking yes mate. Cacophony is the best album ever

Old Thrashbarg

Can't believe Simnock has outed his sockpuppet account so obviously.

shoulders

phes

Quote from: Stigdu on June 28, 2022, 06:54:25 PMYes, I can see the irony now.

It happens. Look

Quote from: shoulders on June 28, 2022, 01:36:55 PMBirmingham - I'm sorry but I'm afraid I really don't like it

Quote from: chocolate teapot on June 28, 2022, 08:50:40 PMyou wrong stupid cunt!

It's why there's so much baldness around.

You happened into that thread at a time of anger and distress at a mercenary like Gervais doing a hatchet job on trans people. Probably best to move on and explore more of the great bits of this forum.