Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:19:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Late Satoru Iwata

dead-ced-dead

I do think there's a great irony that even the AI app that's supposed to know the entirety of the internet doesn't know who Graham Linehan is.

I know that's not how the app works, but it's still very funny.

He had the world at his feet during the IT Crowd days: several American remake pilots, a show that had a cult Netflix cult before that was a thing, gigs in America.

Now he has so little cultural footprint that an AI app that has the entire internet at its disposal is like, "LOL! Who???"

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on July 04, 2022, 07:52:12 PMIt's kind of exhausting how nuts these people are.

I can't imagine having an obsession that is this time-consuming and unproductive, and I'm a regular poster on CaB.

Every part of their lives is viewed through this one bizarre lens, they're exhausting to read about - they'd be unbearable in person. Imagine trying to live with one.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: imitationleather on July 04, 2022, 07:52:12 PMIt's kind of exhausting how nuts these people are.

I'm a cis het white guy comparatively speaking I'm on life's easy mode and even I find it exhausting and draining dealing with these people online, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for people who are the target of their constant ire

Alberon

Been away for fifteen minutes so I've just been catching up on fifty or so pages I've missed and I saw the mention of the Sinfest webcomic.

What an absolute horror show. I'd drifted away when the humour dried up and it went feminist-overload (nothing wrong with that in general, but it didn't interest me). To see it in full transphobic mode is saddening though.

Of the three other webcomics I regularly followed years back there was PvP (which stopped being funny decades back) and Jennie Breeden's Devil's Panties which is pro-trans. But one I've followed off and on for ages was Real Life Comics where creator Mae Dean came out as trans only a year or two back.

So while some fall to bananarism far more stay in the land of the sane.

chip

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on July 05, 2022, 10:42:31 AM...well, CABBers don't need to hear my tales of horror and woe.

Sorry to hear that; but that is appreciated.

frajer

Quote from: ITV NewsA representative for J.K. Rowling has said the author is not commenting further.

If fucking only.

MigraineBoy

She's only not commenting because she's busy working her way through Macy Gray's oeuvre.

damien

I wonder if he'll do an update on his bs about the Halifax bank; there is no exodus after all, as even The Times reports through gritted teeth

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/halifax-keeps-hold-of-customers-despite-row-over-pronouns-92lpvh296

king_tubby

Quote from: Vroomo on July 05, 2022, 02:39:07 PMShe's only not commenting because she's busy working her way through Macy Gray's oeuvre.

I thought this was a joke but....

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/05/jk-rowling-vows-to-buy-all-of-macy-grays-music-after-transphobic-remarks-16943600/

'Hey Macy, I've never given a shit about your music before, but I'll force myself to listen to it.'

jobotic

I like all the Macy Gray songs: I Try...all the songs.

Egyptian Feast

She also has the complete back catalogue of Bette Midler on the way.

Seen a few other TERFs, such as Alannah out of Thompson Twins, raving about Gray earlier. She'll be raking it in off Spotify this year, a whole 20p extra.

frajer

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 05, 2022, 03:02:41 PMShe also has the complete back catalogue of Bette Midler on the way.

Seen a few other TERFs, such as Alannah out of Thompson Twins, ...

Ah that's a shame, especially given she's married to Jimmy Cauty

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 05, 2022, 03:02:41 PMSeen a few other TERFs, such as Alannah out of Thompson Twins

I didn't know about her, I was a big TT fan BITD.

Quote from: BennyHedgehog on July 05, 2022, 03:12:12 PMAh that's a shame, especially given she's married to Jimmy Cauty

That was my first thought too. I didn't even know that they were partners until yesterday, funnily enough - I've just finished John Higgs's (excellent) book on the KLF and it inspired me to google what JC was up to these days. Being married to a dickhead, it would appear.

JamesTC

Quote from: JK RowlingI think I'd have to say the best of the transphobes.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: chip on July 05, 2022, 01:15:41 PMSorry to hear that; but that is appreciated.

No problem- that kind of shit at least has it's uses in helping to identify genuine grifting vs just crazy ala Linehan.

Inept attempts at grifting solidified to me most of this is a bunch of things in his life coming together in a perfect storm that caused him to just lose the plot. But he's an arsehole, so my sympathy is pretty dead on arrival unless he finally gets help. Funnily enough, addiction treatment would do him a lot of good, especially in the areas of getting better coping mechanisms and of seeking amends with the huge list of people he wronged (and apparently still harasses to this day).

But until he shells out to go private he's not going to get this help any time soon. I'm sure his ex genuinely tried this avenue already.

Rowling, who absolute is grifting (because being a billionaire and living in a castle and buying up right to roam land so you can block public access just wasn't enough I guess), can go fuck herself. Who the fuck cares about Macy Gray in 2022. At least Michael Jackson was savvy enough to pull this with The Beatles back catalog, something pretty fucking valuable.

Ex_GC

"I'm going to listen to Macy Gray's back catalogue" has made me cringe so much because I could be that one dimensional if I was still GC. Also because I can imagine how their private chat groups are on fire with talk of Macy Gray, despite the fact that they probably haven't thought of her or heard of her for two decades

Kankurette

GCs made their bed, they can fucking lie in it. The homophobes are your people now.

You tell me that you're bi and I choke
Tell me that you're trans and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
I'm a cunt

wrec

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on July 05, 2022, 03:51:09 PMWho the fuck cares about Macy Gray in 2022. At least Michael Jackson was savvy enough to pull this with The Beatles back catalog, something pretty fucking valuable.

I can see the confusion here because it's bizarre that we live in a world where this is "news", but the millionaire author isn't buying the rights to Gray's catalogue, merely claiming that she's going to buy a few downloads or CDs.

madhair60

dead-ced-dead

I did wonder why my mum posted Macy Gray videos on her Facebook lol!

Dr Rock