Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:08:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 06:15:43 PMYou know what I just realised? All these people who just cannot fathom gender issues, or the idea that gender is fluid as a concept, because they are scared, are the EXACT same people hundreds of years ago who were afraid of scientific advancement because they just didn't understand science.

Their safe understanding of the world was that god made it in 7 days or there was a man in the sky with a big hammer who made the thunder and lightning and it was these people who pushed back against science and other, better understandings of the world and the life in it.

These people are just the witch burners of 2022. Grim, grim, grim.

And yet there's a non trivial number of religious people not getting stressed about trans issues, and plenty of atheist materialist terfs

bgmnts

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 06, 2022, 09:24:43 PMAnd yet there's a non trivial number of religious people not getting stressed about trans issues, and plenty of atheist materialist terfs

Oh of course, and this reaction isn't an issue of religiosity, in fact these cunts USE science to justify their reactionary hatred.

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: Pimhole on July 06, 2022, 02:23:46 PMThere was also a Twitter account, can't find it now, which would basically argue that every single famous woman was AMAB *and* every single famous man was AFAB. You could tweet a random name to them with a question mark and they would provide the "proof" in a tabloid swimsuit shot with red circles around creases in clothing or whatever. Obsessed with the length of forefingers, gait, and some sort of triangle proportion between shoulders and hips.

They were all pretty bananas but the one that truly blew my mind was Tom Jones. Yes, Tom Jones, transitioned as a young working class girl from the Valleys. In the 1950s.

The thing about the transvestigators is that another key part of the conspiracy theory is that "mainstream media only promotes its own" so anybody who gets famous or widespread recognition of any kind is "one of them" and their families were always part of the cabal the whole time, so nobody well known ever actually comes from humble beginnings.

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 06, 2022, 09:24:43 PMAnd yet there's a non trivial number of religious people not getting stressed about trans issues, and plenty of atheist materialist terfs

Atheist, I'll give you that. But materialist? Not a single terf is properly materialist because their entire schtick is sex being this unchangeable magical essence instead of what it actually is: a set of properties, several of which are changeable to some degree.

Cold Meat Platter

mippy

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on July 05, 2022, 03:02:41 PMShe also has the complete back catalogue of Bette Midler on the way.

Seen a few other TERFs, such as Alannah out of Thompson Twins, raving about Gray earlier. She'll be raking it in off Spotify this year, a whole 20p extra.

Oh wow, Alannah really has gone full TERF. At least we don't know what Jimmy Cauty thinks.

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on July 06, 2022, 08:49:19 PMHow the fuuuuck can you be a tory lgbt member? It's like a fox being a member of the countryside alliance.
"Pick me! I'm one of the good ones!" basically.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: mippy on July 06, 2022, 11:02:49 PMOh wow, Alannah really has gone full TERF. At least we don't know what Jimmy Cauty thinks.

Cause you got Terfs, Terfs
Terfs on your side

g0m

i had an idea for a comedy bit a while back about a transvestigator who exclusively posts about out trans people. all posting ms paint edited photos to expose the hidden truth that chelsea manning is a trans woman

jobotic

JaDanketies

My MP crossed the floor to Labour and was warmly welcomed?! Are we both talking about the same Labour

DrGreggles

king_tubby

Quote from: jobotic on July 07, 2022, 07:42:56 AMHope he's not hoping to cross the floor to Labour, because he won't be welcome.

Heh, you are so naive.

PlanktonSideburns

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: jobotic on July 07, 2022, 07:42:56 AMHope he's not hoping to cross the floor to Labour, because he won't be welcome.

Because he's too vocally supportive of trans people?

idunnosomename

Among all the Boris shenanigans, Floorsharter was on the Today programme banging on about "being cancelled". Very inarticulate. She should become a Tory MP.

Kankurette

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 07, 2022, 10:59:35 AMAmong all the Boris shenanigans, Floorsharter was on the Today programme banging on about "being cancelled". Very inarticulate. She should become a Tory MP.
If she's so cancelled...then WHY IS SHE ON THE FUCKING RADIO?

jobotic

Yes. Christ I'm not naive, it was a comment on Labour and its transphobic MPs.

markburgle

Quote from: phantom_power on July 06, 2022, 12:08:26 AM
Quote from: Mister Six on July 05, 2022, 10:20:10 PMNeil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, so that's comics sewn up. Terry Pratchett and Ursula K LeGuin each outstrip Rowling's talent at fantasy writing dramatically. David Bowie had a trans woman lover. The Village People have collaborated with trans singer Dorian Electra. From comedy, Stewart Lee, Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey.

But sure, they have Ricky Gervais.
James Acaster, Josie Long, Nish Kumar, Sara Pascoe, David O'Doherty, Billy Bragg, Michael Ian Black, Sarah Silverman, Ash Sarkar, Owen Jones (pretty much every left wing commentator really), and lots more I can't think of right now

They have a load of right wing cunts and the few people mentioned above

It's probably quicker to just do what TERFs do and list the ones we haven't got

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Kankurette on July 07, 2022, 11:00:13 AMIf she's so cancelled...then WHY IS SHE ON THE FUCKING RADIO?

Applies to all "cancelled" TERFS.

retsuza

Being 'cancelled' is an actual worthwhile career strategy for conservatives nowadays.

Complaining about being deplatformed is still something people are interested in so it gets a lot of buzz and attention. And you don't even need to be banned: cancellation can mean getting mild criticism.

Probably been said before but the whole stunt Jordan Peterson did with Elliot Page to get banned from Twitter (actually, suspended under the condition he deletes the tweet) was surely at least somewhat deliberate, so he can be in the news. Not a coincidence he's announcing a Ben Shapiro's Daily Wire job like nanoseconds after this all happened.

damien

Deep joy that the first 'Mess..' after a month away has a pitiful 4K views in eighteen hours.

Quote from: damien on July 07, 2022, 01:14:29 PMDeep joy that the first 'Mess..' after a month away has a pitiful 4K views in eighteen hours.

Nice nugget from Das Penisland

Ex_GC

Another post on the SGB pinched from a woman. Not even sure of the relevance of it

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 07, 2022, 02:08:41 PMMust admit I'm rather intrigued how that goes on

I'd guess that she'll do a switcheroo and say "something something something TRAS are fascists"

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on July 07, 2022, 04:38:46 PMI'd guess that she'll do a switcheroo and say "something something something TRAS are fascists"

'We make the women run on time'

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

*(sound of large quantities of potcheen being skulled)*
"FASCISTS KNOW WHAT A WUMBYN IS"

Alberon