Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:40:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ripping Clips from DVDs - Help

Started by Johnny Townmouse, April 24, 2009, 10:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Townmouse

I have been trying for at least a year now to find some kind of software that will allow me to quickly and easily rip clips from DVDs that will convert them into MPEG, AVI etc, and which can be embedded into Powerpoint.

I have downloaded a couple of free pieces of software that involve the compression of the entire film, and then a function to edit. But the compression appears to take literally hours (or days) and the process of ripping the clip incredibly clunky.

Looking around the internet, on forums, it appears that many people are trying to solve the same problem, usually without success.

Any help on this?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Try posting this in the Techy Help thread at the top of the Picture Box subforum, you might get more replies. ;)

Blumf

Johnny Townmouse

Thanks shoulders, I have done as you suggested. I was looking around for the most appropriate place to post this and did not see that thread.

Yes Blumf, I tried that and did not get very far with it to be honest.

jutl - I have downloaded DVDx and will see how I go with it, thanks for the rec.