Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:48:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bangface 2011

Started by ThickAndCreamy, September 02, 2010, 02:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThickAndCreamy

I've convinced a friend to come with me next year and I'm very excited already. The tickets go on sale September the 15th, I have a few questions first though to ask about it;

1) How big are the chalets you can buy and are the smaller ones more expensive?
2) Can you possibly get a two person chalet or would we have to share?
3) How long does it take before the tickets sell out as I don't think I can buy before about the 20th of September
4) Is it really as much fun as it looks?

Also, I wouldn't mind meeting some of you there in a dark corridor at 4am, I think it would be fun!

imitationleather

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy on September 02, 2010, 02:30:02 PM
I've convinced a friend to come with me next year and I'm very excited already. The tickets go on sale September the 15th, I have a few questions first though to ask about it;

1) How big are the chalets you can buy and are the smaller ones more expensive?
2) Can you possibly get a two person chalet or would we have to share?
3) How long does it take before the tickets sell out as I don't think I can buy before about the 20th of September
4) Is it really as much fun as it looks?

Also, I wouldn't mind meeting some of you there in a dark corridor at 4am, I think it would be fun!

1) Chalet sizes are 4-8. Ticket price per person is same regardless of chalet size, but each chalet has a group leader who has to book all the tickets. Can be quite a hefty hit on the bank account!
2) Nope, you need to find randoms off the internet to share with if you're in a smaller group than four. That will be easy and probably quite fun though.
3) Takes ages. Last year was about six weeks before the event I think. However, book early and you're more likely to get a plush chalet without an electricity meter and stuff.
4) No. It's better. Been to all three and even the one where I ended up in hospital was well wikkid bruv.

Safe raver!

alan nagsworth

You should seriously come, T&C. I'll be there with fucking bells on and it would be nice to meet you. :)

glitch

I will be there next year, making it my third.

Tickets don't sell out for a while but the large chalets tend to go quite quickly. I had one of the posh ones last year and it was grand. I'd accidently bought some tokens for the meter and then had the pleasure of selling electricity to Northerners.

Absolutely amazing festival, easily my favourite indoor one. This year I hope to run into some of you as last year I didn't :v

alan nagsworth

Cuh! No wonder I never saw you last year, you posh fuck. Incidentally my mate was the fella wot won the fancy dress last year with his chest-burster alien, so he won the privilege of a free chalet - Chalet #1, no less - but that privilege was dubious, seeing as chalets #2 and #3 were each inhabited by five security guards. Serves him right for being so god damn clever.

I don't dig those posh chalets, all the way over the other side of the venue and not at all involved in the chaotic fray of the other, scummy accomodations. That's where the real fun is. And the nitrous balloons.

ThickAndCreamy

Right, as I'm too lazy to ask on other forums yet: would anyone here be up for having me and my wonderful mate in your chalet?

We're proper lovely and that and we always wash regularly and share things. I think it would great to be banged up with some of you anyway, better than any other strangers on the internet. Seriously, please help us!
Thanks

If you honestly think you can (I will be very happy if you ca you know, give you free food etc.) then PM me on here or justtalk in this thread. I have the money now and could meet in person and then pay with my netbook I guess. Could use mine or your card, I donm't mind.

Please help CAB!

glitch

I should be booking on the 15th, I'll ask my mates if they mind sharing. I think we've only got 5 of us at the moment anyway.

And we're looking to get another posh chalet, sorry Nags! ;)

ThickAndCreamy

Excellent! Thanks a lot.

I'll be in London from the 13th onwards anyway so could give you the money for me and my mate whenever really.

glitch

8 berths went in less than 40 minutes, it seems. Anyone get lucky? And has anyone received a confirmation mail yet? Managed to blag my way into a 7 berth but the group leader hasn't got a mail and is getting panicky...

ThickAndCreamy

Anyone going to the 7th birthday thing at all?

I'm considering it seeing as I haven't been to a proper party since before summer. How good are they?

alan nagsworth

I'm sorted! In with boki, imitationleather and a few other friends. Bad-assss. What's your status, glitch? I guess that means TaC can't make it, unless he finds other ways in. Do try, mate!

And, yes, I'll also be at the 7th Birthday bash, so come along as this one looks rather spiffing :) PM me with your phone number if you plan to attend, and we'll meet up prior to the gig for a drink. I'm meeting folks at Euston at about 7pm.

glitch

Don't think I'll be at the 7th birthday (annoying, as Boxcutter is playing and I fucking love him) as it's next week isn't it? I'll be in Amsterdam if so! For some reason I really don't like Hidden, although I managed to just walk in without paying last time, so that's a bonus.

Managed to get in a 7 berth chalet in the end. will keep eyes posted for anyone dropping out if you're still looking TaC?

ThickAndCreamy

Yes please, that'll be smashing. I imagine if I can't find a chalet before Christmas I'll probably just go on holiday instead and go the year after next when the constant free time for holidays isn't on offer.

alan nagsworth

If you really want to go, get yourself on ravetalk.com as there's always threads on there for spare places in chalets/people asking if anyone has them. Everyone on there is safe as houses pair of trousers so you'd be in the hands of good people. Besides, you won't be spending much time in your own chalet anyway with the likes of us all crammed into our own accomodation, and the awesome music everywhere, always.

Just don't get involved with the Dutch. The Dutch are actually insane.

boki

Quote from: ThickAndCreamy on October 11, 2010, 10:26:31 PM
Anyone going to the 7th birthday thing at all?

Yup, I'll be there in some proportion of effect probably looking like a fat gimpy magician.

imitationleather

I've been meaning to upload this for ages, but only just got around to it tonight.

So here, for those who missed it and those who just want to relive the moment, is the Watchdog report on the Weekender venue...

Pontin's Camber Sands on Watchdog

Can't wait to be back there for probably the final time!

alan nagsworth

What mr. leather means to say is that recently Pontins has fallen into administration and that next year's Camber Sands Bang Face Weekender could be the last. So we're giving her a send-off to remember, according to Saint Acid. Not sure if it's a good idea to encourage us, but hey, there you go.

Here's hoping they find another suitable holiday park by 2012.

rudi

Aren't you too old for all this nonsence?

alan nagsworth

Midlife crisis, mate. It's a biggie.

boki

It's more of a belated youth in my case.  Fuck knows when the midlife crisis is going to happen.

rudi

Somewhere between the final pill and getting home, in my experience...

imitationleather

Quote from: rudi on November 19, 2010, 10:57:29 AM
Aren't you too old for all this nonsence?

Aren't you too old to mis-spell nonsense?

no_offenc

Has it already sold out? If I wasn't going to ATP already (and all my festival money has thus been spent, unless I get rich quick) then I'd almost be up for dragging abbatoir worker along and sharing a chalet with someone.. not that I've ever really done owt quite like it before but I think I've got it in me..

imitationleather

Only 8-berth chalets have sold out. 4, 5, 6 and 7s are still available. Get on it! It's gonna be a proper carve-up, like!

glitch

Who's confirmed for this then? Horror theme has been announced, so I'm thinking of going as an Information Retrieval officer from Brazil unless I can think of anything better (maybe Mel B).

alan nagsworth

boki

Well, if Nagsworth's coming, I'm coming.  What with us being in the same chalet.

imitationleather

I'm coming. And if I'm coming, everyone in my chalet's coming. What with me being an expert at handjobs.

boki

Basically, what we're saying is follow your nose to the chalet that reeks of cider, bourbon and spunky fingers. 

imitationleather

So, it is now a mere two weeks and a bit away.

I declare our chalet the official Verbwhore hang-out joint since it features myself, boki, nagsworth, Richard McBeef and Josh who I think may have posted once or twice but I can't remember his username. Sadly no Suttonpubcrawl this year, but I am sure I'm going to be woken up by Monsquaz booming in to my ears every day anyway.

Who else is going? Are you excited?! You ought to be, it's gonna be a carve-up!

C U @ DA STAK!