Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:59:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Earth Shattering Local News

Started by Blumf, June 23, 2011, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

"I didn't enjoy the local nighclub on New Year's Eve":

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19826948.i-went-bridge-new-years-eve-awful/

Quote...I don't drink alcohol but according to my cousin the drinks were a reasonable price.

We stayed on the first floor in the hip-hop/bashment room and the music was decent but could have been better in my opinion. For New Year's Eve I expected a bit more of a buzz but it was pretty flat - I had better nights out as a student.

I definitely won't be going back to The Bridge again, although my sister enjoyed herself...

The point about the lack of visible security is a good one, especially given the number of spikings that happen in clubs, but the rest of it is not newsworthy.

imitationleather

Lots of local news articles seem to be on the same tier as Tripadvisor reviews these days.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: thecuriousorange on January 09, 2022, 10:38:50 AMWoman gets hairstyle like Princess Diana.

" she was first recognised in a supermarket while buying milk"

Recognised as someone with a hairstyle like a stiff Princess's.

Cuellar

Alberon

QuoteIt was seen in Pingle Brook playground earlier this afternoon as well as in people's front gardens.

A Bicester resident, who has asked not to be named, shared this photo in the Bicester Chat Facebook group.

Too ashamed to admit to living in Bicester. Understandable.

Fambo Number Mive

The story would be newsworthy if they were asking people to look out for the chicken, but it's been found and Susan Mitcheson's friend is keeping it safe.

Glebe

It's bad enough with with a walrus being on the loose in Bicester.

Blumf

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on January 15, 2022, 04:46:24 PMSFX: dog barking in next street, Transit van with blowing exhaust.

lol i can hear that soundbank noise perfectly

Sebastian Cobb

They've rewritten the article to include recent photos now, that one was pride of place, as the main captioned photo orginally.

Blumf

Footballer buys some chips, locals question their sanity

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/dudley/sedgley/2022/01/21/rio-ferdinand-spotted-at-sedgley-chip-shop-as-locals-think-theyve-lost-the-plot/
QuoteRio Ferdinand spotted at Sedgley chip shop as locals think they've lost the plot

The former Manchester United, Leeds and England defender was spotted at Tasty Plaice, on High Street, Sedgley, on Thursday evening.

Residents have been speculating just what one of the most decorated English footballers of all time was doing there.

Leanne Hickman, who works locally, said: "I definitely did see him as I turned to leave.

"I was just there to get my pizza and couldn't believe when I saw him.

"I thought I was losing the plot but there he was, I have no idea what he was doing there."

Buying chips, mate, probably some fish too.

Glebe

popcorn

They're going to ban a road forever :(

Fambo Number Mive

What will those 1,000 heavy vehicles do now? Another example of cancel culture.

Alberon

Not so much for the news item, which is about a man getting attacked, but here's the photo they've gone with.

Jittlebags

This is great. Someone's discovered a tramp's underground wanking chamber.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/inside-hidden-passage-suspended-over-23200359

Quote"In front of us was a single fold-away chair positioned facing a wall.

"On the wall was a partially torn page from a newspaper, or a magazine, showing a fully naked lady in an erotic position.

"I can't put my finger on it but it seemed more sinister than sexy, if that makes any sense."

Blumf

Bet the tramp put more than a finger on it, ooh aye!

QuoteUrban explorers have been inside the overpass but what they saw saw them get out as 'fast as humanly possible' after they took these images

"but what they saw saw them get out"? Terrible! Worse than a wank dungeon.

Jittlebags

Be a good cut price James Bond plot. Bond breaks into the villain's underground lair, and rather than discovering a missile base, or a nucleal power plant, it's just a little room with a chair, a couple of issues of Razzle and Knave, some crusty tissues surrounding a little bin, and the villain frantically pulling on his pud. I've been uh-uh-uh, expecting you Mr uh-uh-pop!

AsparagusTrevor

He believes he maitake whatever he wants, as if the world is his oyster. He's nothing but a common crimini with no morels. What an absolute shiitake.

Natnar

I suppose he could be done for tresspass but the fungi is only a few inches away from the road. Would it count as criminal damage?

Gurke and Hare

Hmm, my cafe's been inspected and has received a poor hygiene rating? What to do? I know, I'll go to the local press to make sure everyone knows about it!

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/restaurants-bars/leeds-vegan-doughnut-shop-owner-23411334

Fambo Number Mive

Bins behind takeaaway have their own Trip Advisor page:

QuoteThe owner of Flames was less impressed by the Internet meme about his bins, however.

Hussein, 21, said Flames is his family business and has been managing the takeaway for two years. He does not find the joke funny.

Hussein said: "It's normal, just like every day on the Internet. It's not funny to be honest. It didn't make me laugh. It's not a funny joke, it's just a normal joke."

He agreed that the bins were most likely singled out because lots of the residents use the bins.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/best-in-leeds/restaurants-bars/leeds-takeaway-owners-feel-mocked-23282158

Gurke and Hare

QuoteIt's not a funny joke, it's just a normal joke.

What?

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Natnar on March 17, 2022, 09:44:15 AMI suppose he could be done for tresspass but the fungi is only a few inches away from the road. Would it count as criminal damage?

Apparently it's perfectly legal to pick fungi anywhere you find them, but you need permission to go onto private land so it is trespass. He should just have stood on the pavement and reached over.

beanheadmcginty

Seeing as it appears to be Ronnie Barker, can a dead man be done for trespass?