Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Beatles are fucking good.

Started by madhair60, December 16, 2012, 10:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retinend

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1525277/John-Lennon-son-Julian-Lennon-The-Beatles-Get-Back-Sean-Ono-Lennon

A special premiere of the new documentary took place in Hollywood last week attended by friends and family of the Fab Four.

Stella put on an afterparty at the former Charlie Chaplin Studios, now the Jim Henson Studios, where George met Olivia Harrison.

Julian said: "The One True thing I can say about it all, is that it has made me so proud, inspired & feel more love for My/Our family, than ever before...

"And the film has made me love my father again, in a way I can't fully describe....

"Thank you to All who had a hand, in bringing this project to fruition... Life Changing."

DrGreggles

Retinend

in some soppy sense, it is a new photo of John and Yoko

edit: or is this a mad thought?

studpuppet

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 23, 2021, 12:12:02 PMAlways good to see new John & Yoko photos.

Could have sworn it was Limmy and Peter Sellars.

the science eel

Anyone know exactly when this thing is being released? Will it be available at midnight tonight?

SteveDave

That's a good question. I'm hoping it'll be from early in the morning as I'm working from home tomorrow and Friday so I can watch the first two episodes over and over.

JesusAndYourBush

I heard it was Midnight west coast USA, 3am east coast USA, 8am UK.

the science eel

SteveDave

Bastards. I'm going to be waiting til midday until it's upon the high seas.

the science eel

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 24, 2021, 12:38:12 PMI heard it was Midnight west coast USA, 3am east coast USA, 8am UK.

It's there. I'm going in.

Two hours 34 minutes, this episode - so I think I'll break it up over the next couple of days, maybe a week for the whole thing.

shagatha crustie

'Acres of meandering chit-chat' - doesn't he know that's EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT?!?!?

Muel 2

It would be a real shame if anyone happened to point me in the direction of a way to watch this without Disney+.

Retinend

Quote from: shagatha crustie on November 25, 2021, 12:32:24 PM'Acres of meandering chit-chat' - doesn't he know that's EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT?!?!?

Honestly that's the most encouraging sentence I've heard about the whole project. That it leaves the scenes room to breathe and leave conversations with their natural dynamic.

I am waiting until Saturday to binge watch these. Will be reading the discussion though.

SteveDave

Quote from: Muel 2 on November 25, 2021, 12:40:09 PMIt would be a real shame if anyone happened to point me in the direction of a way to watch this without Disney+.

I'm still waiting for it to appear...

Nowhere Man

I'm watching it on Disney + at the moment lads

Egyptian Feast

Michael Lindsay-Hogg used to buy his Sunday papers from the shop in Dublin I worked in during the late 90s. He was alright, a bit gruff, definitely not as nice as Miley from Glenroe or Ken Doherty's mum but not a cunt. Alexis Petridis moaning about his appearances in the series has bumped it up a notch in my priorities I have to say.

phantom_power

I have seen the first one and my impressions so far are:

- George was a bit of snide, passive-aggressive twat
- John didn't seem to want to get involved, despite his "fearless" reputation
- Paul was incredibly creative and active at this time, in contrast to everyone else who seem to just loll around
- Michael Lindsay-Hogg seems like a bit of a dick who is more interested in the story angles and how to exploit the position than the people in front of him
- It is really good

Retinend

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: SteveDave on November 25, 2021, 12:55:28 PMI'm still waiting for it to appear...

Me too.  My usual sites let me down, although I did just watch "South Park Post Covid" that I didn't even know anything about because I'd been avoiding the thread.

I've read that it includes Commonwealth/Enoch Powell, so that'll be nice to see!

the science eel

From what I've seen so far George is all but ignored. J & P are tight. It's understandable G feels aggrieved

idunnosomename

everyone is so shiny. looks like a Resident Evil 2 FMV cut scene.

gilbertharding

I'm still torn between thinking (knowing) Let It Be the album and the film are (IMO) a terrible waste of everyone's time, and really wanting to see this (but on DVD to go with my copies of Hard Days Night etc etc).

studpuppet

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 25, 2021, 02:37:12 PMMe too.  My usual sites let me down, although I did just watch "South Park Post Covid" that I didn't even know anything about because I'd been avoiding the thread.

I've read that it includes Commonwealth/Enoch Powell, so that'll be nice to see!

Looks like there are two in the wild - 1.5GB or 8.3GB versions. Want it fast or pretty?

SteveDave

Muel 2

Quote from: studpuppet on November 25, 2021, 03:49:50 PMLooks like there are two in the wild - 1.5GB or 8.3GB versions. Want it fast or pretty?

Ooh! Ooh! Could you point me to the correct part of the wild please? 

studpuppet

Patience - just checking it's what it says it is and then PMs will follow.

This should work: https://srsone.top/show/the-beatles-get-back

I intend to pay to get the quality I want. Does this mean the internet cops will come knocking?

Muel 2

Quote from: studpuppet on November 25, 2021, 04:09:22 PMPatience - just checking it's what it says it is and then PMs will follow.

Ha, sorry.  Many thanks!