Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Desolation

Started by BlodwynPig, September 22, 2014, 10:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Things are getting far too upbeat around here for my liking.

Desolation:

A balding man in ill-fitting suit eating a dessert in a deserted, cheap diner. His eyes briefly meet mine and I understand.

Desolation:

A man just past his peak, wolfing down bad chips in a secluded alleyway before shoving them in a bin and strutting back out into the public in all his finery, but smelling of grease. I espied him down that alleway and understood.

Desolation:

A young father, already aged by 10 years trying to placate his bawling infant son on a crowded bus. His hackles rise and he nearly snaps. A younger guy steps into the breach, acting the fool, making the kid giggle and the passengers swoon. I see the sweat stains filter through the tatty t-shirt and understand.

I am happy to observe desolation. It gives me great joy and warmth.

Desolation.

Sam

A clown vomiting into a recycling bin on the edge of a golf course.

An aborted foetus half eaten by gulls on a windswept Hemsby beach.

A balding man moving bits of his hair around instead of shaving it.

A Bulgarian peasant woman coughing into a well.

Three egrets choked in oil in a toddler's paddling pool.

A caretaker called Barney wanking in a bedsit.

A human shit coiled on a Neolithic barrow.

An unfinished egg sandwich of Gregg Wallace, with cheap fag buts and used condoms strewn on it.

A Gaelic piss bucket hoisted onto a pile of sick.

Mr Eggs

Quote from: Sam on September 22, 2014, 10:32:05 PM
A human shit coiled on a Neolithic barrow.

That would just give future Time Team a hard on.

Thomas

A man using a flattened roadkill hedgehog as an ice scraper on a bleak winter's morning.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

newbridge

Jimmy Savile mournfully browsing the used caravan dealership on an overcast day.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A penis shrivels at the prospect of imminent penetration.

Mr Eggs

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A newsagent returns from a store cupboard to announce there are no more Scampi Fries.

Total compound desolation.

buttgammon

A lone woman reading Take-a-Break in the sheltered waiting room at Bebington station, seemingly oblivious to the engineering works and rail replacement bus service.

A thin dribble of dried piss running down the grey pavement, connecting an abandoned cardboard box with a broken tricyle.

An empty bottle of cheap vodka stuck in the reeds of a duckless pond, circles of rain forming nearby.

An elderly tramp stares silently into space, remembering a lost love of his youth.

An ageing smalltown Mod painstakingly attempts to coax what's left of his thinning hair into a crude approximation of Paul Weller's look circa-1981.

massive bereavement

A single 30 year old virgin male is hit by a lorry delivering condoms to the local chemist. A passer-by, desperate to keep him talking and conscious, asks him if he has any children.

Cuntbeaks

Dead eyed mother pours irn bru into babies bottle. Child accepts and begins to drink. The eyes of the baby flicker with potential, briefly.

A thin man walks his dog, smoking a roll up. The dog and the man barely acknowledge each other. Every day its the same. Feed, walk, shit, ignore,

The tattoed lady proudly tells the guy behind the counter at the post office that she is going to Belfast for the marching season and she has never been abroad. He still tries to sell her travel insurance.

newbridge

On a cold winter morning, butterfingered voyeur frantically searches slush puddle for his dropped thumbdrive of up-skirts.

Absorb the anus burn

- Eating a cheese and tomato baguette only to find the index finger of All About Eve's bass player.

- Having a wet dream about a Chinese man dressed as Belinda Lang circa 2.4 Children.

- Buying a cheap belt on Ebay only to find it was posted to you by Robin Williams widow.

Buelligan

BlodwynPig

Some absolute corkers here - mostly borne out of personal experience one would imagine, what with the distinct lack of hair.

But the winner has to be: Welcome to Tuesday. You can imagine that posted up on your office wall by Brent-a-like cunt of a boss before the morning "clap ritual" and migration to the bog for the testosterone fuelled shitting (that's just the office ladies). A young temp has a ladder in her stockings, and Kevin is fixated...dreaming of ripping more than just nylon.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

At an ing, body parts are discovered strewn across the reeds hundreds of metres apart, belonging to the same heron.

pillockandtwat

An unemployed father-to-be compulsively playing The Sims late into the night, arranging furniture and belongings around a luxurious house for the benefit of his digital family, while his pregnant partner snores next to him in their untidy bedsit, and the aubade behind the net curtains adds another empty, jobless, day to his feudal overdraft.   

Birdie

the midnight watch baboon

An undergrown crow with undiagnosed cyclothymia, being left out of a corvus-centric chat by three burly jackdaws in front of his impressionable cousin Vince, on a rotting, massive sycamore. Near Derby.

BlodwynPig

I haven't felt so elated in years.

A bald lanky wit passes another bald lanky wit on a street in Leeds. Wit 2 blanks wit 1, thrusting wit 1 into a bout of self-recrimination, emergent tendencies and forum posting.

the midnight watch baboon

A failed US rapper's ghost floats past an eerie end of terrace house full of gits, too weighed down by his emcee shortcomings to haunt it and them.

A kindly old couple sit silently in their living room both trying to ignore the faint creaking noises coming from above. Deep down both of them know that this is the sound of their 40-your old son Martin masturbating, but neither wants to admit it. They have no grandchildren.

Pit-Pat

A social worker walks to a meeting he knows he will be sacked at. A bin van drives along the street upwind of him, perfectly keeping pace.

SetToStun

mook - elderly, decrepit and utterly alone - sits in an armchair in a dimly-lit room. The TV set casts a pale, flickering glow into the room but he doesn't see the picture. A thousand regrets parade through his mind, but on top of them all, always at the forefront of his thoughts, is one simple lament: "I was never sponged". A single tear rolls slowly down one furrowed, sunken cheek.

mook

Quote from: SetToStun on September 23, 2014, 11:33:37 AM
mook - elderly, decrepit and utterly alone - sits in an armchair in a dimly-lit room. The TV set casts a pale, flickering glow into the room but he doesn't see the picture. A thousand regrets parade through his mind, but on top of them all, always at the forefront of his thoughts, is one simple lament: "I was never sponged". A single tear rolls slowly down one furrowed, sunken cheek.