Post your favourite Kate Bush thing

Started by chocolate teapot, February 27, 2016, 12:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

basic cunt answer, can't choose between 'running up that hill' and 'hounds of love'

shagatha crustie


Head Gardener


Head Gardener


daf

Just found this : 2+ hour complete concert from 1979. There was some problems with the recording so it was never broadcast.

Kate Bush at the Manchester Apollo 1979 - THE COMPLETE SHOW



QuoteFilmed by the UK's Granada Television channel in April 1979 and originally intended for broadcast as part of the 'On The Road' tv series, this concert was performed as part of Kate Bush's Tour Of Life. However, due to live technical problems at the time and some flaws in the performance, the video tapes were archived and remained unbroadcast for the next 40 years until their discovery in 2019.

This is the complete show. It includes raw and unedited camera angles, backstage chat between technicians, band members and Kate Bush herself.


idunnosomename

sometimes I just start singing wuthering heights to myself while walking about on a hill, fancy melismas and all. will def watch that show, thanks

amateur


Quote from: amateur on September 16, 2021, 08:53:47 AM
Experiment IV is an extremely underrated banger.

For some stupid reason I always have that one down in my mind as a b-side - I think I've even had the 12" single.

Norton Canes

Perhaps not the first time it's been posted but The Field's 'Over the Ice' samples from Kate's 'Under the Ice'

sevendaughters

no one has named this exact thing but 'The Wedding List' from the 1979 Special is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymxgS4XHRA

Ascent

All the 'Wake up' bits at the beginning of Waking The Witch always give me goosebumps

Wake up, love!


idunnosomename

yes that Apollo video is a very good bit of footage and worth watching for anyone who likes popular music. it's not terribly cut between shots for the most part either so it's more like being there than most concert videos. only prob is you never see the drummer and rarely see the drum kit but you do see a fair bit of the rest of the band. looks great overall actually, spellbinding, especially with Kate and the dancers.

obvious thing but Kate was probably the first performer to extensively use a head mic. do wonder who suggested the tech to her. superb stage show overall though

after James and the Cold Gun we get to see so many hairy men. any cabbers present?

SweetPomPom

https://youtu.be/_256xd9N27o

The 2014 concerts, just out of the blue and insanely good.

The live CD is good but doesn't capture what it was like in the room. Shame she pulled the film release.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy



daf

Quick heads up on ABBA In Switzerland - on BBC 1 at 11pm tonight.

I don't think it's been broadcast in full since 1979 and should include the Kate Bush performance of WOW that was cut out of the 'Voulez Vous' bonus DVD.

kalowski

Quote from: daf on June 18, 2021, 06:06:26 PM
Hadn't seen this before - Babooska in Venice (1980)


Came to post the same thing. Spellbinding. And demonstrates why she should be elevated over so many other "pop" artists.

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 16, 2021, 11:56:14 PM
yes that Apollo video is a very good bit of footage and worth watching for anyone who likes popular music. it's not terribly cut between shots for the most part either so it's more like being there than most concert videos. only prob is you never see the drummer and rarely see the drum kit but you do see a fair bit of the rest of the band. looks great overall actually, spellbinding, especially with Kate and the dancers.

obvious thing but Kate was probably the first performer to extensively use a head mic. do wonder who suggested the tech to her. superb stage show overall though

after James and the Cold Gun we get to see so many hairy men. any cabbers present?

Is that Chris Quentin at the front? You know, Brian Tildsley?

Artie Fufkin

November 15, 2021, 09:39:44 AM #79 Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:18:32 PM by Artie Fufkin
Edit : Sorry, was bookmarking.

For me, I think The Dreaming is my favourite complete album, however, side 2 of Hounds Of Love (The Ninth Wave), is just the best thing ever. The 'Over here. Over here' bit in Jig Of Life is amayyyyyyyyzing.

Though song wise I agree with Natnar (the original Deeper Understanding), and Amateur (Experiment IV). Possibly my fave Kate songs, those.


Mr Banlon


Glebe

Kate Bush - Them Heavy People - Official Music Video.

As somebody suggests in the comments, the faces she pulls are fabulous. Those weird pauses she does in the the '79 Christmas special version ("Rolling the... ball!")!

I'm sure you KB experts are au fait with this but I've only come across it meself, must give it a proper watch:

Kate Bush - De Efteling special - 12 May 1978 • TopPop.

Ron Maels Moustache

Quote from: kalowski on November 13, 2021, 09:36:43 PM
Came to post the same thing. Spellbinding. And demonstrates why she should be elevated over so many other "pop" artists.

It's great but I can't shake the idea that the male dancer is Kevin Eldon doing his Evil Hypnotist character from Big Train.

Glebe

Watching the video for 'Rubberband Girl' on YT yesterday, I'd either never seen it to the end before or it just hadn't lodged in my memory, but I was taken by surprise by the wry ending with The Comic Strips' Peter Richardson crashing the video with a giant runaway fan.

So I see it was included in the Bush-directed short film The Line, The Cross and the Curve. Didn't realise she'd been in and written music for The Comic Strip either, although it kinda rings a bell.

Keebleman

Quote from: kalowski on November 13, 2021, 09:38:24 PMIs that Chris Quentin at the front? You know, Brian Tildsley?

Don't know for sure, but I thought the same when I saw the pic.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: Glebe on November 19, 2021, 06:49:18 AMWatching the video for 'Rubberband Girl' on YT yesterday, I'd either never seen it to the end before or it just hadn't lodged in my memory, but I was taken by surprise by the wry ending with The Comic Strips' Peter Richardson crashing the video with a giant runaway fan.

So I see it was included in the Bush-directed short film The Line, The Cross and the Curve. Didn't realise she'd been in and written music for The Comic Strip either, although it kinda rings a bell.
Comic Strip Presents : The Wedding Party (?)

Natnar

Quote from: Glebe on November 19, 2021, 06:49:18 AMWatching the video for 'Rubberband Girl' on YT yesterday, I'd either never seen it to the end before or it just hadn't lodged in my memory, but I was taken by surprise by the wry ending with The Comic Strips' Peter Richardson crashing the video with a giant runaway fan.

So I see it was included in the Bush-directed short film The Line, The Cross and the Curve. Didn't realise she'd been in and written music for The Comic Strip either, although it kinda rings a bell.

Peter Richardson directed the video for The Sensual World and then Kate appeared in the Les Dogs episode.
She also wrote a few songs for The Comic Strip Presents. "Ken", "Just One Look Around The House Before We Go" & "The Confrontation" for the GLC episode and "Home For Christmas" for the Cold Turkey xmas episode.

Artie Fufkin