Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:04:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boxing Thread

Started by Konki, July 08, 2016, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konki

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 07, 2017, 11:44:34 AM
Canelo v GGG confirmed for September!

Should be fantastic! 18 months ago I'd have said GGG would outclass him easily but now I think it's a 50/50.

Konki

The BBC now have a weekly boxing podcast which is usually well worth a listen (if you can stand Steve Bunce, personally don't mind him) and goes up on a Monday.

Tyson Fury interview this week: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052b4p8

Mr Brightside

What is the best type of punch to box my enemies into submission?

DrGreggles

Morrison Lard

Eubank Jnr vs the Turkish fella just about to start after this god-awful shite band is done..

He's been really good last few fights I've seen him.
Let's fuckin ave it.

Morrison Lard

Press conference to this one was good with the Turkish bloke's trainer kicking off with someone and yelling
"I WILL FUCK YOUR WIFE IN YOUR BED!"

Morrison Lard

Crikey. He fucking leathered him there. 3rd round k/o.

Konki

Crolla Burns for me. Pissed off Eubank's constantly on PPV, I'd like to see more of him.

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Konki on October 07, 2017, 10:37:24 PM
Crolla Burns for me.
Just switched over for that too. There's also Selby v Flores on channel 5.
Fancy fucking scheduling all this lot at the same time...

Morrison Lard

Quote from: Morrison Lard on October 07, 2017, 10:41:37 PM
Selby v Flores on channel 5.
What an embarrassment.
Fuck knows how Richie Woodall can call that a great contest.

DrGreggles

I've got Crolla and Burns level after 8.

Konki

Crolla ahead after 11 for me. It's really heated up now. Tremendous.

DrGreggles

Konki

I loved that whatever the result. I think Crolla has it.

Carl Froch talks too much though.

DrGreggles

Can't argue with a tight decision either way.

Morrison Lard

Haye vs Bellew in a bit.

Hope Haye gets put firmly on his dumb arse.

Solid stream here

leighhart

that was fantastic, say what you want but these guys both come to fight. Tony is an underrated fighter and given Hayes decline he was just too quick and powerful
rally good watch

DrGreggles

Always good to see Haye put on his arse.

leighhart

Quote from: leighhart on May 06, 2018, 06:20:51 AM
that was fantastic, say what you want but these guys both come to fight. Tony is an underrated fighter and given Hayes decline he was just too quick and powerful
really good watch

Konki

It was a terrible fight, a WWE circus. Haye is clearly well past his best and has been for years. At cruiserweight and in his pomp Haye would have destroyed the limited Bellew. If Bellew competed in the cruiserweight division now with the talent there he wouldn't last a few rounds and a decent heavyweight would knock him out. The fact he called out a retired light heavyweight speaks volumes about where he is in the scheme of things.

Boxing is really healthy the moment with Lomachenko vs Linares next weekend and Usyk vs Gassiev coming up. Golovkin, staying active against a scratch opponent, showed class and poise last night. There's so much to like about boxing right now. We don't need this sort of Hearn-sponsored exhibition nonsense.

lebowskibukowski

Sad to see that Haye is an absolute shadow of the fighter he once was. All his power seemed drained. No timing, no balance and couldn't gauge punch distance at all. Now his legacy will be these two shit shows rather than the very, very decent fighter he was seven or eight years ago. 

DrGreggles

There was a point early in their first fight where Haye landed a big right and Bellew just shrugged it off.
10 years ago that would have floored him.

As soon as I saw that I lumped a few quid on Bellew (a decent fighter, but not world class), and did the same on Saturday.

Not only is Haye a busted flush, but he's been that for most of past decade.

remedial_gash

Watching a stream of Selby v Warrington here - http://www.streamendous.com/ch_a.php?22 - bit of an arse lots of pop ups, just wondering who the strong cardiff accented guy is?

Sounds like Steve Robinson, but didn't know if he did that, way too guttural and not nasally enough to be Barry based Nicky Piper?

Dunno, anyway enjoy the Kaiser Chiefs.

lebowskibukowski

Tyson Fury's opponent has been announced, and a softer introduction back into the ring you could not hope to see. A 39 year old Albanian cruiserweight stands in his path. I can only presume Mark Di Mori is already booked elsewhere

homesickalien

Anyone watching Fury tomorrow?

DrGreggles

I'll probably catch up with it at some point.
Fury's a weird one. His technique is all over the place but, at a time of few (if any) genuinely decent heavyweights, he's unpredictable enough to cause them all problems.
It would not surprise me if he won the title again.

DrGreggles

GGG VS Canelo II is going to happen!

DrGreggles

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 13, 2018, 10:23:06 PM
GGG VS Canelo II is going to happen!

GGG VS Canelo III please!

rjd2

I actually had a small bet on Alvarez last night as I suspected unless if was really one sided, Alvarez was always going to get the benefit of the doubt if it went to the judges and he did!

A re  match is something to look forward to, but I'd back Alvarez again, there was not much in it last night, GGG will be 37 when it happens and as we have seen in both fights, judges are always going to be inclined to give it to the cash cow coming into his prime rather than an ageing GGG. 

lebowskibukowski

Anybody going to be watching Wilder v Fury at the weekend? I'm weighing up between being genuinely curious to see it against the probable 4am fight time start coupled with the dread that it will just be 12 ponderous rounds of Fury holding and pushing. Fury seems to be a much more likeable figure these days, though (if you ignore the previous misogyny and homophobia) but I'm still hoping Wilder sparks him out.