News:

"At Christmas I no more desire a rose Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth; But like of each thing that in season grows."

Oft-forgotten gems from the Alan Partridge canon

Started by MoonDust, January 21, 2017, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

As a huge Alan Partridge fan the husband was probably disappointed to see the cake had been made by people who had only seen IAP2

Twonty Gostelow

Chocolate Oranges and Longstanton Spice Museum were in the first series.[/pedanticgit]

paruses

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on June 25, 2021, 09:18:55 PM
Chocolate Oranges and Longstanton Spice Museum were in the first series.[/pedanticgit]

That is true. I think I get irrationally angry seeing "Dan! Dan! Dan! ... " on anything to do with Alan Partridge. Especially when it's associated with fandom.

Tikwid

This is just a bit outside the canon but I always think about that one scene in The Trip where Rob Brydon does a weirdly accurate impression of Alan to Steve Coogan's face - "ouuuurgh, going for a nice ramble Lynn, up Helvellyn!". I like how the way he's playing it up to get a rise out of Steve makes it sound like IAP2-era Alan (could easily imagine those groans with the grotesque facial makeup of the era), but also the way it almost gives a window into some alternate world where Brydon played Alan all along?

Ferris

The school flashback in TTWAP season 1 is brilliant. Not sure if it counts as forgotten but only because of how recent it was.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWNRNMMIn-s

kalowski

I'll tell you something else; Chris De Burgh, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre and The Eagles could eat you lot for breakfast.

Mr Trumpet

"I'd rather have a broken nose than... a massively lacerated face"

Malcy

Couldn't find the thread for the stage show but Ticketmaster are doing 50% off tickets for the Stratagem tour.