Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:03:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Binding Of Isaac (Afterbirth Plus)

Started by Shay Chaise, March 25, 2017, 02:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shay Chaise

This is what my build looked like. It must have been well better than the items on the right suggest because I had about five transformations going too.

I love this game.

madhair60

Quote from: Shay Chaise on September 17, 2017, 11:53:28 AM
Madlad, are you playing AB+ or easy mode?

Have you beaten Ultra Greedier with The Lost?

I'm losing focus on what's important in life.

AB+, with booster packs. I have beaten Ultra Greedier with The Lost. And now, so have you.

Shay Chaise

Would you like to start a podcast with me?

Kelvin

Just killed Mom's Heart for the sixth time, so I'm back on (or off?) the wagon.

madhair60

Shay Chaise

We can probably do a series on it. Now Midnight Resistance is gone, there's a gap for an intelligent and crude gaming podcast. I'm sure that's us.

Shay Chaise

Quote from: Kelvin on September 17, 2017, 07:34:42 PM
Just killed Mom's Heart for the sixth time, so I'm back on (or off?) the wagon.

Keep it going. You're getting close to adding some hefty and great stuff.

madhair60

Quote from: Shay Chaise on September 17, 2017, 09:20:17 PM
We can probably do a series on it. Now Midnight Resistance is gone, there's a gap for an intelligent and crude gaming podcast. I'm sure that's us.

PM if serious so we can talk about the money

Shay Chaise

I actually am serious, I just don't know if I would have the time to do it consistently and regularly.

I just went on an all-timer run with The Lost, my favourite character. Mega tears and about a dozen damage up items, plus Brimstone, Infestation Shot, plus Guppy, Beelzebub, Leviathan, Seraphim, Mother, Bob, Bookworm. One shotting everything and eventually not even firing, just letting my giant flies and spiders wipe up the room in seconds. Did a Victory Lap, battered Hush and Delirium. Forgot to fuckin exit and continue first to get the completion mark for the Hush.

Ready to top myself now.

Shay Chaise

Genuinely can't believe that. I had a really tough run against The Hush, got cornered in bullet hell and fluked my way out, basically. Then I picked up Dad's Key in some weird room with five pedestal items in Sheol and ended up absolutely melting Mega Satan. Like, I mean, absolutely melting him. Each phase lasted half a second. This is probably the greatest achievement I've ever had in gaming.

Kelvin

I hate to do another volte-face, and open myself up to another deserved slapdown from Madhair60, but I have to admit I've had a great time with Isaac over the last couple of days. Knocked out 5 challenges and killed Mom's heart a couple more times (once while playing co-op with a friend), meaning I've had a steady sense of accomplishment, and added a bunch more goodies to my item pool.

I also feel like I've learnt enough of the items now to identify a good run early. Plus, I'm finally able to work out where secret rooms are likely to be (with doors on at least 2 walls), so find those more frequently, too.

Still need to kill Mom's heart 2 more times to unlock the lower levels, but I feel like I understand the game better now than before, which helps considerably.

Shay Chaise

Genuinely delighted to read that. I'm glad you're enjoying it and you're getting a feel for the meta stuff. It only gets better!

Bazooka

If you die in this can you respawn? Or do you have start from the beginning and claim your loot back from where you died?

Shay Chaise

There are a couple of items which grant extra lives/resurrection, usually with some disadvantage or change. Generally though, once you die you start again from scratch, no Souls style collect your grave mechanics.

gabrielconroy

I just did a victory lap for the first time, with Lazarus. I was absolutely caning it up and went on to beat Hush (again for the first time). Although much of the enjoyment of the game comes from the difficulty early on, and building up your stats in different ways every time, there's definitely a massive satisfaction from ripping through the early levels like some vengeful megafucker.

madhair60

Quote from: Kelvin on September 20, 2017, 09:33:58 PM
I hate to do another volte-face, and open myself up to another deserved slapdown from Madhair60, but I have to admit I've had a great time with Isaac over the last couple of days. Knocked out 5 challenges and killed Mom's heart a couple more times (once while playing co-op with a friend), meaning I've had a steady sense of accomplishment, and added a bunch more goodies to my item pool.

I also feel like I've learnt enough of the items now to identify a good run early. Plus, I'm finally able to work out where secret rooms are likely to be (with doors on at least 2 walls), so find those more frequently, too.

Still need to kill Mom's heart 2 more times to unlock the lower levels, but I feel like I understand the game better now than before, which helps considerably.

It begins.

As one who has 1001%'d this game I have decided to take on a Mr Miyagi role.

Never pick up Soy Milk. Never pick up Cursed Eye.

Junglist

Do pick up Soy Milk, I've had it at max damage before

madhair60

Ignore do not pick up soy milk ever it is the end of your run

soy milk+ipacac, any good? I've done almost everything I can do with Azazel aside from the greedier stuff. I've put in almost 500hrs to this game and I think it's the most rewarding I've ever played.

I don't post much on here but I read everything, just thought I'd let you know I'm in this with you guys.

Junglist

soy milk + ipecac is hilarious but you will die quickly :D

Shay Chaise

Damn, imagine that with Pyromaniac. Talk about a won run.

kittens

i've only just started doing ab+. love unlocking all this shite again lads. i want to quit my job and play this til i die

Shay Chaise

Forgot to mention that my very first run after unlocking Godhead was with Eden, and I started with...you guessed it. Unbelievable luck unless it's designed to be more likely to collect recent unlocks, I don't know. I then picked up Tech X. Absurd. Would have been an all-timer but I also picked up Undefined and teleported to an Error room and ended up missing the It Lives fight!

Junglist

I freaking love Maw of the Void. Once you get used to the black circle and how to use it you're borderline invincible.

kittens

playing with apollyon for the first time. void is wicked

Kelvin

Killed moms heart 11 times now. Isn't something meant to unlock after doing it 10 times?

Kelvin

Answered my own question. Did it a twelfth time and fought It Lives, then died horribly in The Cathedral.

Shay Chaise

Sorry, I had rounded it to ten times in my head. Anyway, 'the true Isaac begins here'.

I've been doing a few Eden runs, trying to tidy up my completion marks and stuff. I would like to get Platinum God but having unlocked Godhead and done everything with The Lost, I'm still enjoying a kind of glow of satisfaction and don't have a great amount of motivation for completionism in general. I might actually play some other games. Today, anyway.

Kelvin

Quote from: Shay Chaise on September 24, 2017, 09:40:07 AM
Sorry, I had rounded it to ten times in my head.
No, looking online, I think you're right about it being 10 times. I can only assume it took me 12 because a couple of those completed runs were in co-op with a friend.

QuoteAnyway, 'the true Isaac begins here'.

Killed It Lives, Satan and Isaac today, so that's two more endings unlocked.