Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Thatcher CDs to be released

Started by european son, February 21, 2004, 08:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

much cut-up material to be made available i'm sure.

the BBC has some streaming real media clips... dunno if its possible to save/convert them to work with.

TOCMFIC

Damn, and there was me hoping it was a punk album...

Dangermouse

Possibly should be in SE but on a similar vein to this, but does anyone have the Orbital cut-up of John Major's speech on New Aged Travellers. I think it was first played on their Radio 1 session about 8 years ago.

mook

Anyone here know of a free or *cough*free*cough* program that allows you to recording real player? All the ones I can find seem to be trial copies only.

Hairy Chin

can't you play it in RA and record it into you editing software of choice? Pain in the arse, doing it real-time though.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Dusty Gozongas

Quote from: "mook"Anyone here know of a free or *cough*free*cough* program that allows you to recording real player? All the ones I can find seem to be trial copies only.

http://rawavrecorder.homestead.com works okay if it's just the audio you want.

weekender

Quote from: "mook"Anyone here know of a free or *cough*free*cough* program that allows you to recording real player? All the ones I can find seem to be trial copies only.

Do you mean a program that allows you to record streaming stuff?

If so, then Streambox is very good.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_software/audio_tools/streambox_vcr.cfm

I find the best way to save RM files is to right click on the streaming link, download the little RM file and open it in wordpad.  You should then get a link to the file on the server (it'll start with rstp:// or something, should be relatively easy to spot it) which you can paste into Streambox, thus allowing you to download the file.

mook

Thanks all, I'll have a go at those links in a bit. A surfeit of beer is making anything remotely techy a bit tricky at the mo.

Thanks again.

TOCMFIC

I recommend Audio Record Wizard, available on the P2P app of your choice. (Well, Emule anyway.)

I've been using this to make copies of the classic radio broadcasts that Major League Baseball have. I paid for a subscription, I'll be buggered if I'm just renting the bloody things.

Hairy Chin

Here's my go. Although her big speech was about 26 minutes long and I lost interest so I didn't download all of it, and the quality of the audio isn't as good as the shorter speeches, so the end is fudged a bit - plus she was boring me, so I kind of got fed up of listening to her.

The music I used is probably the best part to be honest.