News:

It's still under construction, so please bear with me


I STILL FUCKING LOVE CATS

Started by Cerys, May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Our eldest cat, Alternative Scrabble, is twenty today.  Her birthday dinner is a can of tuna, and she's celebrating by curling up on a green velvet cushion and firmly refusing to look her age.  I love that little puss.


imitationleather

Happy birthday to Alternative Scrabble! Twenty years, blimey. No one told me they lived that long. I thought this was a two year commitment, tops.

I've had my cats for four weeks today. They've been marking the occasion by chasing each other up the curtains and just generally doing stuff that my landlord would be going spare over if he knew about it.

Cerys

Yeah, they can be destructive little monsters.  We've got doorjambs that are in need of sanding and revarnishing, and one that needed a walloping great lot of refilling from years of claw-sharpening from Fliss, one of the two younger cats.  I sorted the filling, but the sanding and varnishing is still on the list.  Mostly because I don't relish the thought of going into the hallway to find a cat firmly glued to the woodwork.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: imitationleather on May 25, 2019, 12:58:17 PM
Happy birthday to Alternative Scrabble! Twenty years, blimey. No one told me they lived that long. I thought this was a two year commitment, tops.

I've had my cats for four weeks today. They've been marking the occasion by chasing each other up the curtains and just generally doing stuff that my landlord would be going spare over if he knew about it.

aren't you worried now, that what you thought was going to be a couple of years could be a decade or so?

imitationleather

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on May 25, 2019, 02:48:10 PM
aren't you worried now, that what you thought was going to be a couple of years could be a decade or so?

Meh. Easy come, easy go.

Cerys

You're talking about your freedom, right?

imitationleather

Yeah. I wasn't doing much with it anyway.

St_Eddie

Cats are my favourite animal.  I bloody love cats, me.  I think they're brilliant.  Can't get enough of them.  Beautiful creatures.

Quote from: Cerys on May 25, 2019, 12:53:16 PM
Our eldest cat, Alternative Scrabble, is twenty today.  Her birthday dinner is a can of tuna, and she's celebrating by curling up on a green velvet cushion and firmly refusing to look her age.  I love that little puss.



Look at that little cat there.  Look at it, with its little face, its little whiskers and its little pointy ears.  Will you just look at that cat.  What a fine cat.  What a fine cat indeed.

Quote from: Cerys on May 25, 2019, 02:08:24 PM
Yeah, they can be destructive little monsters.  We've got doorjambs that are in need of sanding and revarnishing, and one that needed a walloping great lot of refilling from years of claw-sharpening from Fliss, one of the two younger cats.  I sorted the filling, but the sanding and varnishing is still on the list.  Mostly because I don't relish the thought of going into the hallway to find a cat firmly glued to the woodwork.

My parents have a wall-mounted scratching post for their cat and it works a treat.  She leaves the other scratchable things in the house alone (furniture, curtains, faces).  It's great.  She jumps up on the post and hangs from it, a few feet off the ground.  Have you tried getting a wall-mounted scratching post, Cerys?

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

I also still fucking love cats. Happy birthday to Alternative Scrabble, still looking very lovely.

Here's my two, Eddie and Oscar posing in the sun trying to summon Dark Demons.



St_Eddie

May 25, 2019, 03:30:21 PM #9 Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:14:51 PM by St_Eddie
Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on May 25, 2019, 03:07:38 PM
Here's my two, Eddie and Oscar posing in the sun trying to summon Dark Demons.


Oscar looks like a patriotic cat, standing to attention for the national anthem.  Either that, or he's looking at the sun, desperately trying to sneeze.  Patriotism and the invocation of sneezes are often easily confused.


Replies From View

How can you still love cats after all this time??

It's like saying you still love when you have to cover your school books with brown paper.  It's not the 1950s you know!!

Replies From View

By the way if you cut a cat's whiskers it can no longer perceive how wide gaps are so could get jammed.

So avoid doing that if at all possible.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien


St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2019, 03:52:47 PM
By the way if you cut a cat's whiskers it can no longer perceive how wide gaps are so could get jammed.

So avoid doing that if at all possible.

Probably best to weave some extensions on, just to be on the safe side.

Cerys

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 25, 2019, 03:02:39 PMMy parents have a wall-mounted scratching post for their cat and it works a treat.  She leaves the other scratchable things in the house alone (furniture, curtains, faces).  It's great.  She jumps up on the post and hangs from it, a few feet off the ground.  Have you tried getting a wall-mounted scratching post, Cerys?

It's very tempting.  At the moment they've got a rug rolled around the bottom section of an old hatstand that I inherited from my grandparents and dismantled.  Do they use it?  Do they bollocks.  Doorjambs are more fun because they can climb them - so a wall-mounted scratching post may well be the way to go.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cerys on May 25, 2019, 04:00:25 PM
It's very tempting.  At the moment they've got a rug rolled around the bottom section of an old hatstand that I inherited from my grandparents and dismantled.  Do they use it?  Do they bollocks.  Doorjambs are more fun because they can climb them - so a wall-mounted scratching post may well be the way to go.

I certainly recommend it.  You can encourage them to use it by scratching at it yourself.  Whenever I do it, my parents' cat goes wild and she jumps up on it, digs her claws in and dangles from it like a loon.  Great fun!

Replies From View

I'm surprised cats are still going if I'm perfectly honest.  What's it been - thirty, forty years since cats first came out?  It feels like ages.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on May 25, 2019, 04:12:50 PM
I'm surprised cats are still going if I'm perfectly honest.  What's it been - thirty, forty years since cats first came out?  It feels like ages.

Yeah but they never go out of date because they keep on updating the furmware.

Ornlu


greenman

A container of grass I grew for my 16 year old cats to eat ends up as bed instead....




Replies From View

Has there ever been a cat so tall it could eat the moon?

Cerys

Yes.  Yes, there has.

But until we find indisputable proof - more pics of lovely moggies, please!

Replies From View

Has there ever been a cat that could be stored upside down on such rigid whiskers?

Bobtoo


Captain Crunch

Until I can get a cat or three I have to make do with the cat rescue updates on facebook.  Here's Butch and Pickles making themselves at home in their new pad:


Al Tha Funkee Homosapien


Al Tha Funkee Homosapien


Cerys

I am squeeing as I type this.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bobtoo on May 25, 2019, 10:20:27 PM


Look at that cat!  You could fit quite a sizeable profiterole in its mouth!