Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mackenzie Crook's Worzel Gummidge

Started by Norton Canes, June 06, 2019, 12:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Aww, how lovely. I didn't spot them while watching the episode on Saturday.

I just love this bucolic little universe that Crook has created.

gilbertharding

Love these.

Enjoyed the reference to 'PC Gone Mad' which was obviously aimed at *those people* - such a fine needle I doubt any of them will have noticed.

Mind you, I can't see this lasting much longer, the rate those kids - especially the lad - are growing up.

I will watch the first one again - but some people were wondering how come the kids didn't recognise Aunt Sally. Didn't they meet her in that episode?

The Roofdog

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 08, 2021, 11:09:46 AM
I will watch the first one again - but some people were wondering how come the kids didn't recognise Aunt Sally. Didn't they meet her in that episode?

I asked the same question. I think Worzel must go into the museum on his own in that ep

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: The Roofdog on November 08, 2021, 11:28:43 AM
I asked the same question. I think Worzel must go into the museum on his own in that ep

He did. The kids kept the receptionist woman busy by feigning interest in the museum bookmarks and then legged it when Worzel smashed a vase.

mothman

Another pretty good ep. Felt bad for the farmer being humiliated, and I expected maybe a slightly nicer ending than his "mortal enemy" (lol) being humiliated right back. But still consistently one of the nicest and best shows on TV right now.

kalowski

Absolutely. It's delightful, never nasty or arch. Just straightforward story telling.
I love it.
I'll miss it tomorrow so will avoid this for spoilers.